SATURDAY 16 OCTOBER 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today including one-off events, limited runs, film clubs, repertory seasons, film festivals, outdoor events, & our selection of new releases.
THE OTHER LAMB d. Małgorzata Szumowska, 2019 at Catford Mews (16 OCT 20:30) / Part of TWISTED FOLK:
- “Małgorzata Szumowska’s English language debut depicts an isolated female cult with a messianic male ‘shepherd’ as its leader. Central to the drama is Selah (Raffey Cassidy), who is on the cusp of maturity and ready to graduate from the ‘daughters’ to join the ranks of the ‘wives’. As she grows and becomes more independent she begins to question the insular community she had been born into. The film’s premise serves as a platform to launch an overt critique on the patriarchy and toxic masculinity, much akin to The Handmaid’s Tale.”
- THE BETA TEST d. Jim Cummings & PJ McCabe, 2021 + Q&A with director Jim Cummings at The Prince Charles (16 OCT 12:30 & 17:30).
- BOTTLE ROCKET d. Wes Anderson, 1996 at Riverside Studios (16 OCT 14:00).
- BREATHLESS aka A bout de souffle d. Jean-Luc Godard, 1959 at Ciné Lumière (16 OCT 18:20).
- FILMFARSI d. Ehsan Khoshbakht, 2019 at Close-Up (16 OCT 18:00).
- FRIGHT NIGHT d. Tom Holland, 1985 at The Prince Charles (16 OCT 20:30).
- JODOROWSKY’S DUNE d. Frank Pavich, 2013 at Picturehouse Central (16 OCT 13:40).
- LES MISÉRABLES d. Ladj Ly, 2020 at Catford Mews (16 OCT 18:30).
- THE OTHER LAMB d. Małgorzata Szumowska, 2019 at Catford Mews (16 OCT 20:30).
- PIERROT LE FOU d. Jean-Luc Godard, 1965 at Close-Up (16 OCT 20:15).
- THE SERVANT d. Joseph Levy, 1963 at Kiln Theatre (16 OCT 15:30).
- SISTERS OF THE WILDERNESS d. Karin Slater, 2018 at The Africa Centre (16 OCT 15:00 – FREE!).
- THE TRUMAN SHOW d. Peter Weir, 1998 + Intro presented by Black Femme Film at Hackney Picturehouse (16 OCT 20:30).
- THE WITCH d. Robert Eggers, 2015 at The Prince Charles (16 OCT 15:15).
- Banff Mountain Film Festival – London (11 to 19 OCT).
- BFI London Film Festival (06 to 17 OCT).
- ECOFeminism Short Film Festival (16 OCT).
- London East Asia Film Festival (21 to 31 OCT).
- Native Spirit Festival (12 OCT to 20 NOV).
- Sci-Fi-London 21 (19 to 24 OCT).
- Also (15 to 21 OCT various dates/times): THE BETA TEST d. Jim Cummings & PJ McCabe, 2021 at: ArtHouse Crouch End / Catford Mews / Curzon Cinemas / Prince Charles Cinema // FOUND d. Amanda Lipitz, 2021 at: Bertha DocHouse // I AM BELMAYA d. Sue Carpenter & Belmaya Nepali, 2021 at: The Castle Cinema // THE INVISIBLE LIFE OF EURÍDICE GUSMÃO d. Karim Aïnouz, 2019 at: Barbican / Ciné Lumière / Curzon Cinemas / ICA // THE VELVET UNDERGROUND d. Todd Haynes, 2021 at: Arthouse Crouch End / Barbican / Bertha DocHouse / Cinema In The Arches / ICA / Kiln Theatre / Olympic Cinema / Riverside Studios.
- LSFF x Zodiac Film Club present a series of phantasmagorical films at ICA (30 & 31 JUL 2022)
- Rebecca del Tufo presents TLC at The Lexi Cinema (19 & 26 JUL 2022)
- Bohemia Media presents REBEL DYKES at The Apple Tree (03 JUL 2022)
- Queer Horror Nights presents THE PSYCHO SEQUELS at The Cinema Museum (24 JUL 2022)
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.