Queer Horror Nights are coming to London in 2022! To get ready, co-hosts TOKEN HOMO x LAST FRAME CLUB have launched an irregular newsletter. Sign up by 23:59 on 29 JAN 2022 for a chance to win a copy of Robin Wood’s seminal collection of horror film essays & reviews.
As my badly-behaved blogging alter ego TOKEN HOMO and my Queer Horror Nights co-hosts LAST FRAME CLUB get ready to announce our first full season of film screenings in London, we’re launching an irregular newsletter. Sign up to be first in line for event info, ticket offers, newsletter goodness and some gory giveaways (like this one ▼).
Robin Wood (1931 – 2009) theorised horror cinema as Western culture’s “collective nightmares” and explained how the movie monsters we love very often symbolise the “return of the repressed”. His 1979 edited collection of essays – co-produced with Richard Lippe for a programme of horror film screenings at the Toronto International Film Festival – The American Nightmare: Essays on the Horror Film, was pivotal to the critical appreciation of horror cinema. If you’re looking for a queer-informed understanding of horror cinema, there really is no finer place to start your reading.
- Sign up HERE
- Enter once per email address (multiple signups will be ignored!)
- Your registration must be received by 23:59 on 29 JAN 2022
- One winner will be picked at random by the organisers on 30 JAN 2022
- Please respond within 48hrs to the winning email notification (or we’ll pick another winner!)
- UK entrants only (winner’s UK postal address required to verify & send prize, obvs…)
- This competition is not connected with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, the publishers of ROBIN WOOD: ON THE HORROR FILM or Robin Wood’s estate. It’s just Token Homo & Last Frame Club, & all our decisions are final 😉
- DM for questions @tokenhomo x @lastframeclub
DISCOVER MORE FILM // SUPPORT INDIE CINEMA // REVIVE THE DARK
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.