“Somewhere not so far back, vast lightnings stomped the earth. Somewhere a storm like a great beast with terrible teeth could not be denied.”¹
Dedicated to preserving the past and promoting the future of adventurous moving pictures, RADIANT CIRCUS is a place to huddle together, refuel and shelter from the storm.
From cult classics to mainstream curiosities, video art and experimental film, there’s room under the big top for cinematic oddities of all shapes and sizes.
“Film is not analysis, it is the agitation of mind; cinema comes from the country fair and the circus, not from art and academicism.”²
There are four main types of attraction at RADIANT CIRCUS:
- JOURNAL where we seek out new places to shelter from the storm;
- GUIDES to help you find adventurous moving pictures that might excite you;
- SPECIAL FEATURES where we meet the working acts behind the screens;
- PROJECTS where we drag our blog into the real world.
Join our hunt for wild and astonishing things.
- Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes (1962).
- Werner Herzog, https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Werner_Herzog