RADIANT CIRCUS is your handcrafted guide to London’s DIY, indie & alternative movie nights, film events & gallery screenings. Our DAILY UPDATE helps you find great films in London today*.
Featured attraction: HIT THE NIGHT + Q&A with director Jeong Ga-young at ICA (06 NOV 18:30): “A feminist exploration of attraction, challenging the ‘rules’ and expectations of heteronormative desire, while also raising very current questions about the blurring of professional and personal boundaries.” – ICA.
FILMS IN LONDON TODAY
FLAG WARS at Barbican (06 NOV 18:30):
- Architecture On Film presents a UK premiere: Laura Poitras (CITIZENFOUR) and Linda Bryant’s award winning observation of complex urban conflicts, as a black working class neighbourhood receives an influx of white homosexual homebuyers.
HIT THE NIGHT + Q&A with director Jeong Ga-young at ICA (06 NOV 18:30):
- Under the pretext of carrying out research for her new scenario, director Ga-young plays the lead in HIT THE NIGHT as a filmmaker, and interviews a man she’s been wanting to get to know. Asking him to consider her a friend, she begins to draw out details of his sexual fantasies and relationship status, and her real intentions for the meeting slowly become clear.
Sci-Fi Short Films & Networking at St Margaret’s House (06 NOV 18:30):
- The Film Bunch presents: A sci-fi themed screening that’s out of this world. Join us as we screen some of the best short films and eat popping candy. Our mission is to improve access for deaf and hard-of-hearing people to mainstream short films, so we provide English captions and BSL interpreters.
More films in London today (A – Z):
- AUTUMN SONATA presented by Tufnell Park Film Club at The Lord Palmerston (06 NOV 20:00).
- CONTEMPORARY COLOR at The Prince Charles (06 NOV 18:00).
- CRAZY RICH ASIANS at The David Lean (06 NOV 19:30).
- FAHRENHEIT 11/9 at Regent Street Cinema (06 NOV 20:45).
- FRANTZ + Q&A with film critic Ginette Vincendeau presented by Wimbledon Film Club at Curzon HMV (06 NOV 20:30).
- HALLOWEEN (1978) at The Prince Charles (06 NOV 13:00).
- NOSFERATU THE VAMPYRE aka Noseferatu: Phantom der Nacht at BFI (06 NOV 20:55).
- WILDLIFE at Picturehouse Central (06 NOV 18:30 – Other Picturehouses available!).
- WILDLIFE preview at BFI (06 NOV 20:50).
- WORLDS OF URSULA K. LE GUIN at DocHouse (06 NOV 20:30).
MUSEUM SHOWS 1 // SEASONS
70mm PRESENTATIONS at The Prince Charles (ongoing):
- 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY 70mm new ‘unrestored’ print (06 NOV 20:15).
COMEDY GENIUS at BFI Southbank (OCT 2018 to JAN 2019):
- BFI Screen Epiphany: Felicity Kendal introduces SOME LIKE IT HOT at BFI (06 NOV 18:10).
- WHAT’S UP, DOC? 35mm (06 NOV 18:30).
- Henning Wehn: Are Germans Funny?+ MANTA, MANTA + Q&A with director Wolfgang Büld (06 NOV 20:30).
- SOME LIKE IT HOT (06 NOV 14:30 & 20:40).
MUSEUM SHOWS 2 // FESTIVALS
Film festivals in London today include:
- Doc’n Roll Film Festival (01 to 18 NOV).
- Film Africa (02 to 11 NOV).
- London Korean Film Festival (01 to 25 NOV).
- Utopia: 9th Portuguese Film Festival (30 OCT to 29 NOV).
BLACK MOTHER at ArtHouse Crouch End (06 NOV 15:45):
- Part film, part baptism, director Khalik Allah embarks on a spiritual exploration through Jamaica. Soaking up its bustling metropolises and tranquil countryside, Allah introduces a succession of vividly rendered souls who call the island home.
MIRAI at ICA (06 NOV 16:00):
- Four-year-old Kun has a new baby sister, and the loving attention once lavished on him by his parents appears to evaporate instantly. With his mother and father preoccupied, Kun experiences the arrival of his sister Mirai as competition for their love.
SUSPIRIA (1977) at The Prince Charles (06 NOV 18:20):
- Dario Argento is Europe’s leading horror director and his SUSPIRIA is a masterpiece, situated between art-house aesthetics and splatter gore-fest. Argento’s expressionist hyper-assault on our senses is legendary!
More films in London this week (A – Z): AN EVENING WITH BEVERLY LUFF LINN at The Prince Charles (02 to 08 NOV). THE DEMINER at The Montpellier (until 07 NOV). MANDY at The Prince Charles (until 15 NOV). NAE PASARAN at ICA (02 to o8 NOV). NANCY at Watermans (02 to 08 NOV). PETERLOO at Phoenix Cinema (02 to 08 NOV). PUTIN’S WITNESSES at DocHouse (02 to 08 NOV). REINVENTING MARVIN at Whirled Cinema (05 TO 11 NOV). THE SUMMONING presented by UKJF at JW3 (04 to 07 NOV). THEY’LL LOVE ME WHEN IM DEAD at ICA (02 to 08 NOV). UTØYA – JULY 22 at The Castle Cinema (02 to 08 NOV).
Join the hunt for adventurous moving pictures.
SIGN UP to our free eNEWS for regular updates about London’s indie cinema scene.
SUBSCRIBE to get our unique SCREEN GUIDE listings delivered directly to your inbox – plus other great rewards! – with a low-cost RADIANT CIRCUS monthly membership.
*THE SMALL PRINT: As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Apologies if we have missed your event. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version. Event dates/times are subject to change by the venue/organiser. We check box office each morning for films in London today and try to only list events you can book for at the time of posting: some events may still be sold out. Please click quickly! We don’t filter by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should be 18+.