SCREEN GUIDE DAILY: Films in London today 12.11.18
RADIANT CIRCUS is your handcrafted guide to London’s DIY, indie & alternative movie nights, film events & gallery screenings. Our DAILY UPDATE helps you find great films in London today*.
Find films in London today by: SINGLE-O EXHIBITS (one-off attractions) // MUSEUM SHOWS (several exhibits under one roof – seasons & festivals) // GRIND SHOWS (a selection of regular runs).
Featured attraction: SPEED RACER 35mm + INTRO by The Celluloid Sorceress at The Prince Charles (12 NOV 20:35): “It’ll split the ranks like a pizza cutter: you might admire it as a Warholian blur of pop art, gawp and gasp at its Hot Wheels-for-real dynamism, or get a headache.” – Jim Emerson, Empire Magazine.
New at RADIANT CIRCUS: We are delighted to announce a new partnership with Close-Up Film Centre that gives all RADIANT CIRCUS paid subscribers exclusive discounts for selected seasons and screenings in their programme. We start with fabulous found footage season NEVER FOUND: ALTERNATE HISTORIES OF THE 20th CENTURY (14 NOV & 15 NOV). Read our interview with curator Francesco Maria Carreri before checking out our affordable monthly subscriptions and other great rewards at Patreon (starting at £2.99/month).
FILMS IN LONDON TODAY
BRAM STOKER’S DRACULA + INTRO by Josh Saco at The Lexi Cinema (12 NOV 18:30):
- Francis Ford Coppola’s lurid, trangressive and achingly romantic take on the Dracula legend takes equal inspiration from Dario Argento and Gustav Klimt. The result is weird, wild and unforgettable.
SPEED RACER 35mm + INTRO by The Celluloid Sorceress at The Prince Charles (12 NOV 20:35):
- Born into a family race car business, Speed Racer (Emile Hirsch) is one of the track’s hottest stars. At the wheel of his Mach 5 he consistently deflates the competition. When Speed turns down an offer from the head of Royalton Industries he uncovers a secret: powerful moguls fix the races to boost profits.
More films in London today (A – Z):
- THE FOG (1980) at Picturehouse Central (12 NOV 21:10 – Other Picturehouses available).
- MAGIC MEDICINE at The Castle Cinema (12 NOV 19:00).
- THEOREM at BFI (12 NOV 18:30).
- WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT at The Prince Charles (12 NOV 18:15).
MUSEUM SHOWS 1 // SEASONS
CLOSE-UP ON INGMAR BERGMAN at Close-Up (02 NOV to 30 DEC):
- PERSONA (12 NOV 20:15).
CLOSE UP: SEBASTIÁN LELIO at BFI Southbank (OCT to NOV):
- CHRISTMAS aka Navidad (12 NOV 20:45).
COMEDY GENIUS at BFI Southbank (OCT 2018 to JAN 2019):
- DUCK SOUP (12 NOV 14:30).
- THE PALM BEACH STORY (12 NOV 18:20).
- SOME LIKE IT HOT (12 NOV 18:20 & 20:40).
JANE FONDA: COMING OF AGE at BFI Southbank (OCT to DEC):
- THEY SHOOT HORSES, DON’T THEY? 35mm (12 NOV 20:30).
- The Many Lives of Jane Fonda panel discussion (12 NOV 18:30).
Sight & Sound presents FANTASTIQUE: THE DREAM WORLDS OF FRENCH CINEMA at BFI Southbank (OCT to NOV):
- ORPHÉE (12 NOV 20:35).
WORLD WAR ONE: REGENERATIONS II at BFI Southbank (NOV):
- OH! WHAT A LOVELY WAR (12 NOV 17:50).
MUSEUM SHOWS 2 // FESTIVALS
Film festivals in London today include:
- Brixton Reel Film Festival (08 to 15 NOV).
- Doc’n Roll Film Festival (01 to 18 NOV).
- French Film Festival (07 NOV to 09 DEC).
- GFEST (12 to 24 NOV).
- London Korean Film Festival (01 to 14 NOV).
- UK Jewish Film Festival (08 to 22 NOV).
- Utopia: 9th Portuguese Film Festival (30 OCT to 29 NOV).
- We The Peoples Film Festival (11 to 24 NOV).
THE OTHER SIDE OF EVERYTHING at DocHouse (12 NOV 14:00):
- In Belgrade, an apartment is divided in two by a door, which has been permanently locked for over 70 years. The apartment, which was divided on the order of Yugoslavia’s then communist government, is where director Mila Turajlic’s mother was born, and where Mila grew up herself.
WIDOWS at ArtHouse Crouch End (12 NOV 12:30, 15:15, 18:00 & 20:45):
- The story of four women with nothing in common except a debt left behind by their dead husbands’ criminal activities. Set in contemporary Chicago, amid a time of turmoil, tensions build when Veronica (Oscar winner Viola Davis), Linda (Michelle Rodriguez), Alice (Elizabeth Debicki) and Belle (Cynthia Erivo) take their fate into their own hands.
More films in London this week (A – Z): ADRIFT IN SOHO at The Prince Charles (14 to 20 NOV). BISBEE ’17 at ICA (09 to 15 NOV). FACES PLACES at Whirled Cinema (12 to 18 NOV). JURASSIC PARK 35mm at The Prince Charles (09 to 15 NOV). MANDY at The Prince Charles (until 19 NOV). MIRAI + RECORDED INTRO by writer/director Mamoru Hosoda at Picturehouse Central (09 to 14 NOV). PETERLOO at The Lexi (09 to 15 NOV). PUTIN’S WITNESSES at DocHouse (08 to 13 NOV). TIME FOR ILHAN at DocHouse (09 to 15 NOV). SUSPIRIA (1977) at The Prince Charles (until 15 NOV). WILDLIFE at Genesis Cinema (09 to 15 NOV).
MORE: weekly digests // monthly roundups // event calendar // festivals A to Z.
Join the hunt for adventurous moving pictures.
SIGN UP to our free eNEWS for regular updates about London’s indie cinema scene.
SUPPORT our work at RADIANT CIRCUS and help promote indie cinema in London. As a Patron, you will get our unique SCREEN GUIDES delivered directly to your inbox, exclusive discounts for screen events and much more!
FOLLOW US on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram for daily updates.
*THE SMALL PRINT: As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Apologies if we have missed your event. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version. Event dates/times are subject to change by the venue/organiser. We try to only list events you can book for at the time of posting: however, some events may still be sold out. Please click quickly! We don’t filter by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should be 18+.