SCREEN GUIDE DAILY: Films in London today 14.10.18
RADIANT CIRCUS is your handcrafted guide to London’s DIY, indie & alternative movie nights, film events & gallery screenings. Our DAILY UPDATE helps you find great films in London today*.
Find films in London today by: SINGLE-O EXHIBITS (one-off attractions) // MUSEUM SHOWS (several exhibits under one roof – seasons & festivals) // GRIND SHOWS (a selection of regular runs).
Featured attraction: SUSPIRIA (1977) 4K Restoration + DJ presented by Deeper Into Movies at Moth Club (14 OCT 20:00): “SUSPIRIA is a baroque piece of esoteric expressionism that you enter – and exit – without understanding so much as feeling.” Anton Bitel, Little White Lies.
FILMS IN LONDON TODAY
A CLOCKWORK ORANGE + DISCUSSION at Deptford Cinema (14 OCT 14:30):
- Deptford Cinema Film & Book Club presents: A new book and film club for avid readers and cinephiles. Every second Sunday afternoon of the month, we will meet up to watch a film adaptation of a book or a writer’s biopic. After the screening, there will be an informal chat about the book and the film, upstairs in the bar. There will be cake!
FEMALE HUMAN ANIMAL SCREENING + Q&A with director Josh Appignanesi at Moth Club (14 OCT 15:00):
- Deeper Into Movies presents: Shot in the real-life contemporary art world, Female Human Animal is a psycho-thriller about a creative woman disenchanted with what modern life – and modern men – have to offer her.
LIVE AND LET DIE + THE WILD GEESE at The Cinema Museum (14 OCT 13:30):
- The Roger Moore Film Festival presents: LIVE AND LET DIE – With its exploitation of the blaxploitation genre and Wings title sequence, it’s a great early 70s period piece. Drugs and race relations also feature in THE WILD GEESE where Moore plays Lt Shawn Flynn, a gun for hire.
UNA VITA SPERICOLATA + Q&A with director Marco Ponti at Genesis Cinema (14 OCT 18:00):
- CinemaItaliaUK presents: Roberto, a young mechanic on the verge of bankruptcy, and BB, a former rally pilot, become bank robbers by chance. Tracked both by police and a criminal gang to whom they accidentally stole money, the couple (and their hostage, Soledad) will begin a desperate getaway across Italy.
More films in London today (A – Z):
- 1945 at ArtHouse Crouch End (14 OCT 19:20).
- ALIEN at Picturehouse Central (14 OCT 18:30 – Other Picturehouses available!).
- BLACKkKLANSMAN at Regent Street Cinema (14 OCT 20:20).
- BROOKLYN presented by Kennington Classics at The Cinema Museum (14 OCT 14:30).
- Double Bill: LA POINTE COURTE + FACES PLACES at Regent Street Cinema (14 OCT 14:30 & 16:30).
- HEREDITARY at Whirled Cinema (14 OCT 18:00).
- SCREAM / THE CRAFT / BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER presented by Deeper Into Movies at The Five Bells (14 OCT 15:00).
- SINK at Regent Street Cinema (14 OCT 18:30).
- SUSPIRIA (1977) 4K Restoration + DJ presented by Deeper Into Movies at Moth Club (14 OCT 20:00).
MUSEUM SHOWS 1 // SEASONS
THE FILMS OF YASUJIRÔ OZU at The Prince Charles (ongoing):
- LATE AUTUMN aka Akibiyori (14 OCT 15:10).
GNARLY MOVIE NIGHTS at House of Vans (11 to 28 OCT – Free! / No booking required):
- A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (14 OCT 13:00 & 15:30).
HORROROCTOBER at Prince Charles (OCT):
- MANDY (14 OCT 12:40 & 18:00 – Sold Out!).
- NIGHTBREED Director’s Cut (14 OCT 20:45).
MASAKI KOBAYASHI: THE HUMAN CONDITION at Close-Up (06 OCT to 28 OCT):
- THE HUMAN CONDITION I: NO GREATER LOVE (14 OCT 18:00).
MUSEUM SHOWS 2 // FESTIVALS
Film festivals in London today include:
- BFI London Film Festival (10 to 21 OCT).
- Native Spirit Film Festival (11 to 21 OCT).
GUN NO. 6 at DocHouse (14 OCT 18:00):
- This investigative doc tracks the journey of Gun No. 6: Britain’s most wanted firearm. For over a decade during the early-2000s, when shootings in Britain were at their highest, Gun No. 6 changed hands to be used in 11 cases and 3 murders.
MANDY at The Prince Charles (14 OCT 12:40 & 18:00 – Sold Out!):
- Somewhere in the primal wilderness near the Shadow Mountains in the year 1983, Red Miller has fallen deeply for the beguiling Mandy Bloom. But the life he has made for himself comes suddenly and horrifyingly crashing down when a vile band of ravaging idolaters and supernatural creatures penetrate his idyllic paradise with vicious fury.
- Part of HORROROCTOBER (see seasons for listings).
More films in London this week (A – Z): ANCHOR AND HOPE at Watermans (12 to 18 OCT). BLACK ’47 at Watermans (12 to 18 OCT). COLUMBUS at ArtHouse Crouch End (12 to 18 OCT). THE ENDLESS at Whirled Cinema (15 to 21 OCT). FILMWORKER at The Montpelier (14 OCT to 24 OCT). THE JEWISH UNDERGROUND at DocHouse (12 to 18 OCT). KUSMAMA – INFINITY at DocHouse (12 to 18 OCT). THE MISEDUCATION OF CAMERON POST at The Prince Charles (15 to 18 OCT). SINK at Peckhamplex (12 to 17 OCT).
MORE: weekly digests // monthly roundups // event calendar // festivals A to Z.
Join the hunt for adventurous moving pictures.
SIGN UP to our free eNEWS for regular updates about London’s indie cinema scene.
SUBSCRIBE to get our unique SCREEN GUIDE listings delivered directly to your inbox – plus other great rewards! – with a low-cost RADIANT CIRCUS monthly membership.
FOLLOW US on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram for daily updates.
*THE SMALL PRINT: As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Apologies if we have missed your event. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version. Event dates/times are subject to change by the venue/organiser. We check box office each morning for films in London today and try to only list events you can book for at the time of posting: some events may still be sold out. Please click quickly! We don’t filter by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should be 18+.