RADIANT CIRCUS is your handcrafted guide to London’s DIY, indie & alternative movie nights, film events & gallery screenings. Our DAILY UPDATE helps you find great films in London today*.
Featured attraction: Sick Monday presents STREET TRASH + Artists’ Short Films at Deptford Cinema (15 NOV 19:30): “Six short video works, followed by a screening of James M. Muro’s melt movie classic.”
New at RADIANT CIRCUS: We are delighted to announce a new partnership with Close-Up Film Centre that gives all RADIANT CIRCUS paid subscribers exclusive discounts for selected seasons and screenings in their programme. We start with fabulous found footage season NEVER FOUND: ALTERNATE HISTORIES OF THE 20th CENTURY (15 NOV – Tonight! see seasons below). Read our interview with curator Francesco Maria Carreri before checking out our affordable monthly subscriptions and other great rewards at Patreon (starting at £2.99/month).
FILMS IN LONDON TODAY
INSIDE THE MOSSAD + Q&A with Duki Dror & Ram Ben-Barak at Regent Street Cinema (15 NOV 20:30):
- UK premiere: Like the CIA and MI6, Mossad, Israel’s intelligence agency, has spawned many myths since its foundation in 1950. The tales behind its top secret operations have been the basis for books and films that, in turn, have fed the imagination of fans of conspiracy theories the world over.
Nova Nights: EPISODE #15 – Cinematic HIGH Weirdness with Matthias Von Braun & Eliot Edge at The Horse Hospital (15 NOV 19:00):
- Billy Chainsaw presents an exclusive screening of 2 avant-garde horror films by Eliott Edge plus 3 dark surrealist films by Matthias Von Braun, followed by an interview between the director and Billy Chainsaw.
Sick Monday: STREET TRASH + Artists’ Short Films at Deptford Cinema (15 NOV 19:30):
- Six short video works, followed by a screening of James M. Muro’s melt movie classic. Artists include: Antoine Catala, Sophie Carapetian, Dean Kenning, Beagles & Ramsay, Lee Holden & Josephine Wood and John Russell.
More films in London today (A – Z):
- IN THE BLEAK MIDWINTER 35mm aka A Midwinter’s Tale at BFI (15 NOV 20:40).
- JOURNEY TO ITALY aka Viaggio in Italia at BFI (15 NOV 18:40).
- Open Screenings artists’ short films at The Whitechapel Gallery (15 NOV 17:00).
- THE SPIRAL STAIRCASE 35mm at The Prince Charles (15 NOV 18:10).
- STOP PLAY RECORD short films presented by Chisenhale Gallery at Genesis Cinema (15 NOV 18:20).
- SUSPIRIA (2018) at Rio Cinema (15 NOV 20:15).
- THE WIFE at The David Lean (15 NOV 14:30 – subtitled for those with hearing loss).
MUSEUM SHOWS 1 // SEASONS
70mm PRESENTATIONS at The Prince Charles (ongoing):
- 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY 70mm new ‘unrestored’ print (15 NOV 20:15).
COMEDY GENIUS at BFI Southbank (OCT 2018 to JAN 2019):
- SOME LIKE IT HOT (15 NOV 14:30, 18:15 & 20:45).
- GERT & DAISY’S WEEKEND 35mm + INTRO by Claire Mortimer (15 NOV 18:20).
JANE FONDA: COMING OF AGE at BFI Southbank (OCT to DEC):
- THEY SHOOT HORSES, DON’T THEY? 35mm (15 NOV 20:30).
JEAN COCTEAU RETROSPECTIVE at Ciné Lumière (until 18 NOV):
- ORPHÉE (15 NOV 16:00).
MAGNIFICENT OBSESSIONS: THE FILMS OF ROSS HUNTER at The Cinema Museum (08 NOV to 20 DEC):
- ALL I DESIRE (15 NOV 19:30).
NEVER FOUND: ALTERNATE HISTORIES OF THE 20TH CENTURY at Close-Up (07 to 15 NOV):
- SPECTRES OF THE SPECTRUM (15 NOV 20:15).
MUSEUM SHOWS 2 // FESTIVALS
Film festivals in London today include:
- Brixton Reel Film Festival (08 to 15 NOV).
- Doc’n Roll Film Festival (01 to 18 NOV).
- French Film Festival (07 NOV to 09 DEC).
- Fringe! Queer Film & Arts Festival (13 to 18 NOV).
- GFEST (12 to 24 NOV).
- UK Jewish Film Festival (08 to 22 NOV).
- Utopia: 9th Portuguese Film Festival (30 OCT to 29 NOV).
- We The Peoples Film Festival (11 to 24 NOV).
NOW SHOWING: Read our RADIANT CIRCUS guide to this year’s Fringe! Queer Film & Arts Fest (various venues, 13 to 18 NOV).
THE OTHER SIDE OF EVERYTHING at DocHouse (15 NOV 20:30):
- In Belgrade, an apartment is divided in two by a door, which has been permanently locked for over 70 years. The apartment, which was divided on the order of Yugoslavia’s then communist government, is where director Mila Turajlic’s mother was born, and where Mila grew up herself.
WIDOWS at ArtHouse Crouch End (15 NOV 12:30, 15:15, 18:00 & 20:45):
- The story of four women with nothing in common except a debt left behind by their dead husbands’ criminal activities. Set in contemporary Chicago, amid a time of turmoil, tensions build when Veronica (Oscar winner Viola Davis), Linda (Michelle Rodriguez), Alice (Elizabeth Debicki) and Belle (Cynthia Erivo) take their fate into their own hands.
More films in London this week (A – Z): ADRIFT IN SOHO at The Prince Charles (14 to 20 NOV). BISBEE ’17 at ICA (09 to 15 NOV). FACES PLACES at Whirled Cinema (12 to 18 NOV). JURASSIC PARK 35mm at The Prince Charles (09 to 15 NOV). MANDYat The Prince Charles (until 19 NOV). MIRAI + RECORDED INTRO by writer/director Mamoru Hosoda at Picturehouse Central (09 to 14 NOV). PETERLOO at The Lexi (09 to 15 NOV). PUTIN’S WITNESSES at DocHouse (08 to 13 NOV). TIME FOR ILHAN at DocHouse (09 to 15 NOV). SUSPIRIA (1977) at The Prince Charles (until 15 NOV). WILDLIFE at Genesis Cinema (09 to 15 NOV).
Join the hunt for adventurous moving pictures.
SIGN UP to our free eNEWS for regular updates about London’s indie cinema scene.
SUPPORT our work at RADIANT CIRCUS and help promote indie cinema in London. As a Patron, you will get our unique SCREEN GUIDES delivered directly to your inbox, exclusive discounts for screen events and much more!
*THE SMALL PRINT: As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Apologies if we have missed your event. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version. Event dates/times are subject to change by the venue/organiser. We try to only list events you can book for at the time of posting: however, some events may still be sold out. Please click quickly! We don’t filter by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should be 18+.