SCREEN GUIDE DAILY: Films in London today 19.11.18
RADIANT CIRCUS is your handcrafted guide to London’s DIY, indie & alternative movie nights, film events & gallery screenings. Our DAILY UPDATE helps you find great films in London today*.
Find films in London today by: SINGLE-O EXHIBITS (one-off attractions) // MUSEUM SHOWS (several exhibits under one roof – seasons & festivals) // GRIND SHOWS (a selection of regular runs).
Featured attraction: Lexi Film School presents CLEO FROM 5 TO 7 + INTRO by Francine Stock at Lexi Cinema (19 NOV 18:30): “A masterpiece of the French New Wave, Agnes Varda’s tale of a woman confronting her own mortality has all the stylistic boldness and modernist flourish of BREATHLESS and THE 400 BLOWS, but with a whole lot more soul and sweetness.” – The Lexi.
New at RADIANT CIRCUS: We are delighted to announce a new partnership with Close-Up Film Centre that gives all RADIANT CIRCUS paid subscribers exclusive discounts for selected seasons and screenings in their programme. Check out our affordable monthly subscriptions and other great rewards at Patreon.
FILMS IN LONDON TODAY
CLEO FROM 5 TO 7 + INTRO by Francine Stock at Lexi Cinema (19 NOV 18:30):
- Lexi Film School presents: A masterpiece of the French New Wave, Agnes Varda’s tale of a woman confronting her own mortality has all the stylistic boldness and modernist flourish of BREATHLESS and THE 400 BLOWS, but with a whole lot more soul and sweetness.
Short Film Night: Horror & Sci-Fi at Peckhamplex (19 NOV 18:30):
- A series of short films followed by Q&A with directors: THE PREY by James Webber, F***, MARRY, KILL by Scott Donovan, JUST VISITING by Charlie Koth, CONTACT by Katy Wang and RORY ROMANTIC by Rhys Jones.
THREE IDENTICAL STRANGERS + Q&A with director Tim Wardle at BFI Southbank (19 NOV 20:30):
- The astonishing story of three men who make the chance discovery, at the age of 19, that they are identical triplets separated at birth.
More films in London today (A – Z):
- Double Bill: BILL & TED’S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE + BILL & TED’S BOGUS JOURNEY at The Prince Charles (19 NOV 18:45).
- FAHRENHEIT 11/9 at DocHouse (19 NOV 20:30).
- HIGH HOPES at Everyman Kings Cross (19 NOV 16:45).
- JURASSIC PARK 35mm at The Prince Charles (19 NOV 15:15).
- WORLDS OF URSULA K. LE GUIN at DocHouse (19 NOV 14:45).
MUSEUM SHOWS 1 // SEASONS
ANIMATION 2018 at BFI Southbank (2018):
- Animation 2018 + Q&A UK premiere of new shorts (19 NOV 14:45).
- TV preview: THE SECRETS OF BRITISH ANIMATION + Q&A with director Seb Barfield & animator Joanna Quinn (19 NOV 18:15).
CLOSE-UP ON INGMAR BERGMAN at Close-Up (02 NOV to 30 DEC):
- PERSONA (19 NOV 20:15).
COMEDY GENIUS at BFI Southbank (OCT 2018 to JAN 2019):
- 9 TO 5 enjoys a grind show run (19 NOV 14:30, 18:20 & 20:45).
Sight & Sound presents FANTASTIQUE: THE DREAM WORLDS OF FRENCH CINEMA at BFI Southbank (OCT to NOV):
- INNOCENCE 35mm (19 NOV 20:30).
MUSEUM SHOWS 2 // FESTIVALS
Film festivals in London today include:
- French Film Festival (07 NOV to 09 DEC).
- GFEST (12 to 24 NOV).
- London Palestine Film Festival (16 to 28 NOV).
- UK Jewish Film Festival (08 to 22 NOV).
- Underwire Film Festival (16 to 25 NOV).
- Utopia: 9th Portuguese Film Festival (30 OCT to 29 NOV).
- We The Peoples Film Festival (11 to 24 NOV).
9 TO 5 at BFI (19 NOV 14:30, 18:20 & 20:45).
- This gloriously feminist revenge comedy sees three put-upon office workers turn the tables on their sleazy boss. Judy (Jane Fonda), Violet (Lily Tomlin) and Doralee (Dolly Parton) bond over being mistreated by their boss: he yells at Judy on her first day, consistently takes credit for Violet’s ideas and sexually harasses Doralee. Fed up with him, and the sexist practices of their office, they dream of his removal.
SUSPIRIA (2018) at Rio Cinema (19 NOV 14:15, 17:20 & 20:15):
- A very original re-visit to Dario Argento’s 1977 cult horror classic by the director of CALL ME BY YOUR NAME features powerful performances from Tilda Swinton (x2), Dakota Johnson, Chloë Grace Moretz and Mia Goth plus a haunting score from Radiohead lead singer Thom Yorke.
More films in London this week (A – Z):
- 3 DAYS IN QUIBERON at Ciné Lumière (16 to 30 NOV). ADRIFT IN SOHO at The Prince Charles (until 20 NOV). CHARM CITY at DocHouse (16 to 21 NOV). CLIMAX at ICA (until 22 NOV). MANDY at The Prince Charles (until 02 DEC). NAE PASARAN at ICA (until 22 NOV). THE PRICE OF EVERYTHING at DocHouse (16 to 22 NOV). SOME LIKE IT HOT at BFI (02 to 18 NOV). THIS IS HOME at DocHouse (16 to 22 NOV). WAJIB at Whirled Cinema (19 to 25 NOV). WIDOWS at ArtHouse Crouch End (until 22 NOV). WILDLIFE at BFI (16 to 21 NOV). THE WORKSHOP at ICA (16 to 22 NOV).
MORE: weekly digests // monthly roundups // event calendar // festivals A to Z.
Join the hunt for adventurous moving pictures.
SIGN UP to our free eNEWS for regular updates about London’s indie cinema scene.
SUPPORT our work at RADIANT CIRCUS and help promote indie cinema in London. As a Patron, you will get our unique SCREEN GUIDES delivered directly to your inbox, exclusive discounts for screen events and much more!
FOLLOW US on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram for daily updates.
*THE SMALL PRINT: As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Apologies if we have missed your event. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version. Event dates/times are subject to change by the venue/organiser. We try to only list events you can book for at the time of posting: however, some events may still be sold out. Please click quickly! We don’t filter by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should be 18+.