RADIANT CIRCUS is your handcrafted guide to London’s DIY, indie & alternative movie nights, film events & gallery screenings. Our DAILY UPDATE helps you find great films in London today*.
QUANTO BASTA + INTRO by Ilona Roth at Regent Street Cinema (28 JAN 19:30):
- CinemaItaliaUK presents: Arturo is a talented chef who was sent to prison for assault and sentenced to community service. While serving his sentence as a cookery teacher to young people with special needs, he meets Guido, who has Asperger’s Syndrome. They will team up for a culinary competition.
New at RADIANT CIRCUS:
- NOW BOOKING: With our friends Supakino and Zodiac Film Club, we are delighted to invite you to the first MIDNIGHT EXCESS: THE STUD/THE BITCH (16 FEB 23:00, Rio Cinema).
- NEW SEASON guides: HORROR SEASON at Austrian Cultural Forum (24 JAN to 21 MAR); JAPAN FOUNDATION TOURING FILM PROGRAMME at ICA (02 to 10 FEB) & Curzon Soho (21 FEB).
FILMS IN LONDON TODAY
Films in London today (A – Z):
- Do Film Posters Inspire Watching Films? illustrated talk at BFI (28 JAN 18:30).
- LIZZIE at JW3 (28 JAN 20:30).
- MAD MAX: FURY ROAD at The Prince Charles (28 JAN 18:10).
- MAD MAX : FURY ROAD • BLACK & CHROME EDITION at The Prince Charles (28 JAN 20:50).
- ONE NATION, ONE KING aka Un peuple et son roi at Ciné Lumière (28 JAN 18:30).
- ON HER SHOULDERS at Barbican (28 JAN 18:20).
- RBG at The Lexi (28 JAN 18:30).
MUSEUM SHOWS 1 // SEASONS
BIG SCREEN CLASSICS: THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT at BFI Southbank (03 to 31 JAN):
- NIGHT OF THE DEMON aka Curse Of The Demon (28 JAN 18:20).
DRIFTING SHADOWS: MASTERPIECES OF FINNISH CINEMA at Close-Up (18 to 30 JAN):
- WOMEN OF NISKAVUORI (28 JAN 20:15).
THE GOLDEN AGE OF ALEXANDER KORDA: BRITAIN’S MOVIE MOGUL at BFI Southbank (JAN):
- THE THIEF OF BAGDAD (28 JAN 20:30).
INGMAR BERGMAN FOCUS at BFI Southbank (JAN):
- THE SEVENTH SEAL aka Det Sjunde Inseglet (28 JAN 14:30).
MICHELANGELO ANTONIONI: CONFRONTING THE MODERN WORLD WITH STYLE at BFI Southbank (JAN to FEB):
- LA NOTTE aka the Night ( 28 JAN 20:40).
MUSEUM SHOWS 2 // FESTIVALS
We don’t think there are any film festivals in London today…
BERGMAN: A YEAR IN A LIFE at BFI Southbank (28 JAN 18:15 & 20:45):
- Jane Magnusson’s documentary centres on 1957, a turbulent but miraculously productive year when Bergman, besides unveiling The Seventh Seal and Wild Strawberries and working extensively in theatre and TV, led a messily complicated domestic life that included a spell in hospital.
CAMORRA at DocHouse (28 JAN 18:40):
- A frank and startling insight into the inner mechanics of organised crime in Naples and its rise to political influence. High velocity from start to finish, the film tells the story of how the poor classes of Naples found their own power systems, and how it was authorised by the ruling classes – as long as it benefitted them.
More films in London this week (A – Z):
- A STAR IS BORN at The Prince Charles (until 30 JAN). BEAUTIFUL BOY at Rio Cinema (until 31 JAN). COLD WAR at Whirled Cinema (28 JAN to 03 FEB). COLETTE at Watermans (until 31 JAN). DESTROYER at Rio Cinema (25 to 31 JAN). THE DEVIL OUTSIDE at ICA (25 to 31 JAN). THE FAVOURITE at ICA (until 31 JAN). HALE COUNTY THIS MORNING, THIS EVENING at ICA (until 31 JAN). MANDY at The Prince Charles (25 JAN to 10 FEB). MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS at ArtHouse (until 31 JAN). ONE CUT OF THE DEAD at The Prince Charles (until 08 FEB). THE PASSENGER at BFI (until 24 FEB). THE PRICE OF EVERYTHING at JW3 (27 to 31 JAN). THE RAFT at DocHouse (until 30 JAN). SHOPLIFTERSat ICA (until 31 JAN). SORRY TO BOTHER YOU at The Prince Charles (until 31 JAN). STAN & OLLIE at Phoenix Cinema (until 31 JAN). THREE IDENTICAL STRANGERS at The Prince Charles (until 31 JAN). VICE at ArtHouse Crouch End (25 to 31 JAN).
Join the hunt for adventurous moving pictures.
SIGN UP to our free eNEWS for regular updates about London’s indie cinema scene.
SUPPORT our work at RADIANT CIRCUS and help promote indie cinema in London. As a Patron, you will get our unique SCREEN GUIDES delivered directly to your inbox, exclusive discounts for screen events and much more!
*THE SMALL PRINT: As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Apologies if we have missed your event. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version. Event dates/times are subject to change by the venue/organiser. We try to only list events you can book for at the time of posting: however, some events may still be sold out. Please click quickly! We don’t filter by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should be 18+.