MONDAY 01 NOVEMBER 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today across DIY, indie & alternative cinema including one-off screen events, film seasons, film festivals & our selection of new releases.
LA SANTA MUERTE d. Eva Aridjis, 2007 + Q&A with the director at The Horse Hospital (01 NOV 19:00 – FREE!).
- “On the uncanny threshold between Halloween and the Day of the Dead, Mexican film-maker Eva Aridjis makes a rare UK visit to introduce and be in conversation about her 2007 documentary LA SANTA MUERTE, her investigation of the growing Mexican cult of ‘Saint Death’, a female grim reaper worshipped by those with traumatic lives.”
- 20-22 OMEGA d. Thierry Loa, 2021 at BFI Southbank (01 NOV 20:40) / Part of Green Light: An immersive focus on Climate Change.
- AN ACTOR’S REVENGE 4k d. Kon Ichikawa, 1963 at BFI (01 NOV 14:30).
- BLADE 35mm d. Stephen Norrington, 1998 at The Prince Charles (01 NOV 15:30).
- CRASH d. David Cronenberg, 1996 at The Prince Charles (01 NOV 20:45).
- THE EXORCIST 35mm d. William Friedkin, 1973 at The Prince Charles (01 NOV 20:30).
- HOME SWEET HOME d. Mike Leigh, 1982 + Q&A with the director at BFI (01 NOV 17:50).
- LA SANTA MUERTE d. Eva Aridjis, 2007 + Q&A with the director at The Horse Hospital (01 NOV 19:00).
- L’HOMME DE RIO aka That Man from Rio d. Philippe de Broca, 1964 at Ciné Lumière (01 NOV 18:35).
- Masterclass: Amos Gitai, Architect of Memory at Ciné Lumière (01 NOV 18:30).
- MOMENTS LIKE THIS NEVER LAST d. Cheryl Dunn, 2020 presented by Deeper Into Movies at Farr’s Dalston (01 NOV 19:30).
- NOMADLAND d. Chloé Zhao, 2020 at Whirled Cinema (01 NOV 20:00).
- OUR NEIGHBOUR, MISS YAE 35mm aka Tonari no Yae-chan d. Yasujirô Shimazu, 1934 + Intro by season co-programmer Alexander Jacoby at BFI (01 NOV 18:15).
- THE OUTSIDERS: THE COMPLETE NOVEL d. Francis Ford Coppola, 1983 at Picturehouse Cinemas (01 NOV various).
- POSSESSION d. Andrzej Zulawski, 1981 at The Prince Charles (01 NOV 15:10).
- PRIMITIVE LONDON d. Arnold L Miller, 1965 at BFI (01 NOV 20:50).
- QUEENS OF EVIL d. Tonino Cervi, 1970 + Discussion with Patricia MacCormack & Merlyn Roberts presented by World Wide Weird at Helgi’s (01 NOV 18:00 + 20:30).
- RAW d. Julia Ducournau, 2016 at Catford Mews (01 NOV 18:00).
- SCREAM d. Wes Craven, 1996 at The Prince Charles (29 OCT to 04 NOV various – some 35mm).
- Brazil Indigenous Film Festival (22 OCT to 04 NOV).
- Doc’n Roll Film Festival (28 OCT to 14 NOV).
- French Film Festival (03 NOV to 15 DEC).
- FrightFest Halloween (29 to 30 OCT).
- Halloween Horror Festival (29 OCT).
- London East Asia Film Festival (21 to 31 OCT).
- London Korean Film Festival (04 to 19 NOV).
- Native Spirit Festival (12 OCT to 20 NOV).
- Panorama of Bulgarian Film (28 to 31 OCT).
- Raindance Film Festival (27 OCT to 06 NOV).
- UK Jewish Film Festival (04 to 18 NOV).
- Also (29 OCT to 04 NOV various dates/times): A COP MOVIE d. Alonso Ruizpalacios, 2021 at: Bertha DocHouse // ANTLERS d. Scott Cooper, 2021 at: Everyman Cinemas // AZOR d. Andreas Fontana, 2021 at: ArtHouse Crouch End / Ciné Lumière / Curzon Cinemas / ICA// QUANT d. Sadie Frost, 2021 at: ArtHouse Crouch End / Curzon Cinemas / Everyman Cinemas / ICA / JW3 / Olympic Studios / Picturehouse Cinemas / THE RESCUE d. Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi & Jimmy Chin, 2021 at: ArtHouse Crouch End / Peckhamplex / Picturehouse Cinemas.
- Lost Vampires presents the UK premiere of HABIT + Q&A with Larry Fessenden at ICA (20 OCT 2022)
- BIG BOYS DON’T CRY + Q&A raising funds for NAPAC at Everyman Borough Yards (03 OCT 2022)
- Fragments Festival returns to Genesis Cinema (29 SEP to 02 OCT 2022)
- The Vito Project presents IMITATIONS OF LIFE at The Cinema Museum (18 SEP 2022 to 22 JAN 2023)
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.