MONDAY 03 APRIL 2023 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today across DIY, indie & alternative cinema including one-off screen events, film seasons, film festivals & our selection of new releases.
Monday Classic Matinée: SOME LIKE IT HOT d. Billy Wilder, 1959 + Live organ recital at Regent Street Cinema (03 APR 13:00).
“With no money and nowhere to hide, two down on their luck jazz musicians (Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon) masquerade as members of an all-girl band, leading to a number of romantic complications when one falls for the band’s lead singer played by Marilyn Monroe in one of her most iconic performances.”
This film screening will begin with a recital on Regent Street Cinema’s original Compton organ – it one of the very few remaining cinema organs in the UK.
- COBAIN: MONTAGE OF HECK d. Brett Morgen, 2015 curated by Heather Estradiol, presented by Transmissions at Dalston Superstore (03 APR 19:00).
- Art in the Making: CORRECTION PLEASE; OR, HOW WE GOT INTO PICTURES d. Noël Burch, 1979 + Intro by film historian, Ian Christie (03 APR 18:20).
- DIVINE TRASH d. Steve Yeager, 1998 presented by Deeper Into Movies at Farr’s Dalston (03 APR 19:30).
- THE GALLERY (2021): INTERACTIVE FILM d. Paul Raschid, 2022 at Genesis Cinema (03 APR 19:00).
- Open Shorts Night presented by Raindance at Wonderville SW1Y (03 APR 19:00).
- Monday Classic Matinée: SOME LIKE IT HOT d. Billy Wilder, 1959 + Live organ recital at Regent Street Cinema (03 APR 13:00).
- The Short List Vol. 4: Reel Life short film showcase at The Cinema in the Arches (03 APR 20:00).
- VENGEANCE d. B. J. Novak, 2022 at Whirled Cinema (03 APR 20:00 / 04 APR 20:00 / 05 APR 20:00 / 09 APR 17:00).
- Mark Kermode Live in 3D at BFI Southbank (03 APR 18:30).
Check venues for full listings…
35MM PRESENTATIONS at The Prince Charles
- PULP FICTION 35mm d. Quentin Tarantino, 1994 (03 APR 20:30).
- JURASSIC PARK 35mm d. Steven Spielberg, 1993 (03 APR 20:45).
IMAX PRESENTATIONS at BFI IMAX
- DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: HONOUR AMONGST THIEVES d. John Francis Daley & Jonathan Goldstein, 2023 (31 MAR to 13 APR).
A24 at Picturehouse Cinemas
- MIDSOMMAR d. Ari Aster, 2019 (03 APR various).
BIG SCREEN CLASSICS: FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION… at BFI Southbank
- LAST YEAR IN MARIENBAD aka L’Année dernière à Marienbad d. Alain Resnais, 1961 (03 APR 20:30).
BRING ME THE FILMS OF SAM PECKINPAH at The Prince Charles
- THE GETAWAY d. Sam Peckinpah, 1972 (03 APR 18:00).
CINEMATIC JUKEBOX / CLASSIC FILM SEASON at The Prince Charles (not listed elsewhere!)
- THE BIG LEBOWSKI: 25TH ANNIVERSARY d. Joel Coen & Ethan Coen, 1998 (31 MAR to 06 APR – Some 4K).
THE FILMS OF MICHAEL MANN at The Prince Charles
- MIAMI VICE d. Michael Mann, 2006 (03 APR 15:15).
FRANCOPHONE WEST AFRICAN CINEMA at The Garden Cinema
- THE WIND d. Souleymane Cissé, 1982 (03 APR 16:00).
OUTSIDERS AND EXILES: THE FILMS OF JERZY SKOLIMOWSKI at BFI Southbank
- IDENTIFICATION MARKS: NONE aka Rysopis d. Jerzy Skolimowski, 1964 (03 APR 21:00).
- Clermont-Ferrand in London (04 to 08 APR).
- Essay Film Festival (25 to 31 MAR).
- We Are Parable: Experience Over Everything (31 MAR to 02 APR).
- Hong Kong Film Festival (18 to 31 MAR).
- Kinoteka: Polish Film Festival (09 MAR to 27 APR).
- The Malarkey Film Festival: Creepuscula (05 APR).
Also 31 MAR to 06 APR (various dates/times):
- Preview: AIR d. Ben Affleck, 2023 at (from 05 APR): Catford Mews / The Cinema In The Arches / Electric Cinemas / Everyman Cinemas / Olympic Studios / Peckhamplex / Regent Street Cinema / Rich Mix /
- EFTIHIA d. Angelos Frantzis, 2022 at: ArtHouse Crouch End.
- THE PAWNSHOP d. Lukasz Kowalski, 2023 at: Bertha DocHouse.
- RIOTSVILLE, USA d. Sierra Pettengill, 2022 at: Bertha DocHouse / ICA / Picturehouse Cinemas + Q&A.
- TETRIS d. Jon S. Baird, 2023 at: Everyman Cinemas.
- THREE COLOURS: BLUE – 4K Restoration d. Krzysztof Kieslowski, 1993 at (limited engagements): ArtHouse Crouch End / Ciné Lumière / Close-Up Film Centre / Phoenix Cinema / Picturehouse Cinemas.
- Sine Screen presents Vulnerable Histories at Close-Up & The Garden Cinema (19 to 26 AUG 2023)
- Lost Reels presents 16mm & 35mm screenings at The Cinema Museum & ICA (19 & 31 AUG 2023)
- The Duke Mitchell Film Club presents DukeFest 2023: A Brave New World (13 to 16 AUG 2023)
- Cinema Mentiré launches with OLHAR PERIFERICO season (AUG 2023)
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.