MONDAY 11 OCTOBER 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today including one-off evencts, limited runs, film clubs, repertory seasons, film festivals, outdoor events, & our selection of new releases.
JODOROWSKY’S DUNE d. Frank Pavich, 2013 at Picturehouse Hackney (11 OCT 20:45).
- “In 1975, Chilean director Alejandro Jodorowsky, whose films EL TOPO and THE HOLY MOUNTAIN launched and ultimately defined the midnight movie phenomenon, began work on his most ambitious project yet. Starring his own 12 year old son Brontis alongside Orson Welles, Mick Jagger, David Carradine and Salvador Dali, featuring music by Pink Floyd and art by some of the most provocative talents of the era, including HR Giger and Jean ‘Moebius’ Giraud, Jodorowsky’s adaptation of Frank Herbert’s classic sci-fi novel Dune was poised to change cinema forever…”
- ALL THE STREETS ARE SILENT: THE CONVERGENCE OF HIP HOP & SKATEBOARDING (1987-1997) d. Jeremy Elkin, 2021 presented by Deeper Into Movies at Farr’s Dalston (11 OCT 19:30).
- BABYLON d. Franco Rosso, 1980 at Genesis Cinema (11 OCT 21:00).
- DEATH BECOMES HER 35mm d. Robert Zemeckis, 1992 at The Prince Charles (11 OCT 16:00).
- THE DRILLER KILLER d. Abel Ferrara, 1979 presented by Deeper Into Movies at Sebright Arms (11 OCT 19:30 – FREE).
- THE FLY d. David Cronenberg, 1986 at The Prince Charles (11 OCT 18:15).
- JODOROWSKY’S DUNE d. Frank Pavich, 2013 at Picturehouse Hackney (11 OCT 20:45).
- KILL LIST d. Ben Wheatley, 2011 at Catford Mews (11 OCT 20:30).
- MULHOLLAND DR. 35mm d. David Lynch at The Prince Charles (11 OCT 14:50).
- THE OMEN d. Richard Donner, 1976 at The Prince Charles (11 OCT 13:15).
- SCREAM 35mm d. Wes Craven, 1996 at The Prince Charles (11 OCT 20:30).
- WHITE RIOT d. Rubikah Shah, 2019 at Whirled Cinema (11 OCT 20:00).
- Banff Mountain Film Festival – London (11 to 19 OCT).
- BFI London Film Festival (06 to 17 OCT).
- Native Spirit Festival (12 OCT to 20 NOV).
- Wimbledon International Short Film Festival (09 OCT).
FEVER DREAM d. Claudia Llosa, 2021.
- Venues inc: Curzon Cinemas.
NO PLACE LIKE HOME d. Perry Henzell, 1975.
- Venues inc: Catford Mews.
PIER KIDS d. Elegance Bratton, 2019.
- Venues inc: ICA
- Also (08 to 14 OCT various dates/times): CONVERGENCE: COURAGE IN A CRISIS d. Orlando von Einsiedel, 2021 at: Bertha DocHouse // FATHER OF THE CYBORGS d. David Burke, 2021 at: Bertha DocHouse // FREAKSCENE : THE STORY OF DINOSAUR JR. d. Philipp Reichenheim, 2021 at: Picturehouse Cinemas / The Prince Charles Cinema // HONEY CIGAR d. Kamir Aïnouz, 2020 at: ICA // I AM NOT YOUR NEGRO d. Raoul Peck, 2016 at: Catford Mews // MY LITTLE SISTER aka Schwesterlein d. Stéphanie Chuat & Véronique Reymond at: ArtHouse Crouch End / Curzon Cinemas // THE VIEWING BOOTH d. Ra’anan Alexandrowicz, 2019 at: ICA.
- Jake Cunningham presents I WANNA HOLD YOUR HAND 35mm at The Prince Charles (29 NOV 2021).
- Double Wonderful presents Video Expert 1 at Venue MOT Unit 18 (07 DEC 2021).
- Kush Films presents ‘late-nite’ Kung Fu Cinema at Genesis Cinema (26 NOV 2021)
- Moving Image Salon with Lindsay Seers, free online event (27 NOV 2021).
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.