MONDAY 15 NOVEMBER 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today across DIY, indie & alternative cinema including one-off screen events, film seasons, film festivals & our selection of new releases.
PETITE MAMAN d. Céline Sciamma, 2021 + Q&A with the director presented by Birds’ Eye View #ReclaimTheFrame at Ciné Lumière (15 NOV 18:20).
- “Hosted by Birds’ Eye View director Melanie Iredale, this special preview is your chance to hear from Céline Sciamma (TOMBOY, GIRLHOOD, PORTRAIT OF A LADY ON FIRE) on her radiant new film that mysteriously and delicately explores childhood, grief and intergenerational connection.”
- The mission of Reclaim the Frame is to re-tell the story of cinema by drawing ever greater audiences to films by women & non-binary creatives, re-claiming cinema as a truer reflection of the world we live in.
- A PAGE OF MADNESS aka Kurutta ichipeiji d. Teinosuke Kinugasa, 1926 at BFI Southbank (15 NOV 20:50).
- DRIVE MY CAR aka Doraibu mai kâ d. Ryûsuke Hamaguchi, 2021 preview at BFI Southbank (15 NOV 19:40).
- HAPPY-GO-LUCKY 35mm d. Mike Leigh, 2008 at BFI Southbank (15 NOV 20:40).
- HEAT 4k d. Michael Mann, 1995 at BFI Southbank (15 NOV 13:40).
- HOUSE OF BAMBOO d. Samuel Fuller, 1955 at BFI Southbank (15 NOV 18:10).
- INHERENT VICE 35mm d. Paul Thomas Anderson, 2014 at The Prince Charles (15 NOV 14:50).
- LET THE RIGHT ONE IN aka Låt den rätte komma in d. Tomas Alfredson, 2008 presented by Deeper Into Movies at Farr’s Dalston (15 NOV 19:30).
- THE LITTLE THINGS d. John Lee Hancock, 2021 at Whirled Cinema (15 NOV 20:00).
- MOTHERING SUNDAY d. Eva Husson, 2021 + Q&A with producers Stephen Woolley & Liz Karlsen at Picturehouse Clapham (15 NOV 20:00).
- MY LOVE HAS BEEN BURNING 35mm (aka Flame of My Love) aka Waga koi wa moenu d. Kenji Mizoguchi, 1949 at BFI Southbank (15 NOV 17:40).
- PAN’S LABRYINTH aka El laberinto del fauno d. Guillermo del Toro, 2006 + 2-course dinner presented by Spanish Marks at India Club Lounge-Bar (15 NOV 18:30).
- PERFECT BLUE aka Pâfekuto burû d. Satoshi Kon, 1997 presented by Deeper Into Movies at Sebright Arms (15 NOV 19:30 – FREE).
- PETITE MAMAN d. Céline Sciamma, 2021 + Q&A with the director presented by Birds’ Eye View #ReclaimTheFrame at Ciné Lumière (15 NOV 18:20).
- PIRATES d. Reggie Yates, 2021 UK Premiere + Intro by the director, cast & crew at The Ritzy (15 NOV 18:45).
- THE RAID: DOUBLE FEATURE d. Gareth Evans, 2011 + 2014 + Q&A with the director at The Prince Charles (15 NOV 18:05).
- Doc’n Roll Film Festival (28 OCT to 14 NOV).
- EFG London Jazz Festival (12 to 21 NOV).
- French Film Festival (03 NOV to 15 DEC).
- Fringe! Queer Film & Arts Fest (09 to 14 NOV).
- Irish Film Festival London (17 to 21 NOV).
- Italian London Short Film Festival (14 NOV).
- London Korean Film Festival (04 to 19 NOV).
- Made In Prague Festival (07 NOV to 10 DEC).
- Native Spirit Festival (12 OCT to 20 NOV).
- Ocean Film Festival (16 to 24 NOV).
- UK Green Film Festival (03 to 14 NOV).
- UK Jewish Film Festival (04 to 18 NOV).
- Also (12 to 18 NOV various dates/times): AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON d. John Landis, 1981 at: The Prince Charles // THE COLOUR ROOM d. Claire McCarthy, 2021 at: Everyman Muswell Hill // CRY MACHO d. Clint Eastwood, 2021 at: Everyman Cinemas / Peckhamplex / Picturehouse Cinemas // DAYS OF BEING WILD d. Wong Kar Wai, 1990 at: The Prince Charles // MALMKROG d. Cristi Puiu, 2020 at: ICA // MOTHERING SUNDAY d. Eva Husson, 2021 at: Chiswick Cinema / Curzon Cinemas / Everyman Cinemas / Peckhamplex / Phoenix Cinema / Picturehouse Cinemas / Rio Cinema / Riverside Studios // NAKED 4k d. Mike Leigh, 1993 at: BFI Southbank // NATURAL LIGHT d. Dénes Nagy, 2021 at: ArtHouse Crouch End / Curzon Cinemas // PROCESSION d. Robert Greene, 2021 at: Bertha DocHouse // TICK, TICK…BOOM! d. Lin-Manuel Miranda, 2021 at: The Prince Charles.
- Oliver Dickens presents two films by Kira Muratova to raise funds for Ukraine at Rio Cinema & Ciné Lumière (07 & 14 JUN 2022).
- Lost Vampires presents BILLY THE KID AND THE GREEN BAIZE VAMPIRE 35mm + Q&A with Phil Daniels at The Prince Charles (27 JUN 2022).
- Science Fiction Theatre returns with three sci-fi classics this summer at The Castle Cinema (10 JUN to 12 AUG 2022).
- Queer Horror Nights presents THE FLY at The Castle Cinema (24 JUN 2022).
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.