MONDAY 21 JUNE 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today including one-off events, limited runs, film clubs, repertory seasons, film festivals, outdoor events, & our selection of new releases.
- THE BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE d. Dario Argento, 1970 at The Prince Charles (21 JUN 16:00).
- CALL ME BY YOUR NAME d. Luca Guadagnino, 2017 at Backyard Cinema (21 JUN 20:00).
- CITIZEN KANE 35MM d. Orson Welles, 1941 at BFI Southbank (21 JUN 20:45).
- CLEO FROM 5 TO 7 aka Cléo de 5 à 7 d. Agnès Varda, 1962 at The Prince Charles (21 JUN 12:00).
- CLEO FROM 5 TO 7 aka Cléo de 5 à 7 d. Agnès Varda, 1961 at BFI Southbank (21 JUN 15:00).
- THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY 35MM aka Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo d. Sergio Leone, 1966 at The Prince Charles (21 JUN 14:20).
- JUDAS & THE BLACK MESSIAH d. Shaka King, 2021 at Backyard Cinema (21 JUN 20:30).
- JURASSIC PARK 35MM d. Steven Spielberg, 1993 at The Prince Charles (21 JUN 20:45).
- London Short Film Festival 2021: Funny Shit at Curzon Soho (21 JUN 18:30).
- No Ticket Required: HAPPY AS LAZZARO Online discussion of the film with Jon Davies presented by Watermans (21 JUN 20:00 – FREE online event / Watch film in advance).
- STREAMERS 35MM d. Robert Altman, 1983 at BFI Southbank (21 JUN 20:40).
- SUBMARINE 35MM d. Richard Ayoade, 2010 at The Prince Charles (21 JUN 18:30).
- THIEF 35MM d. Michael Mann, 1981 at The Prince Charles (21 JUN 18:00).
- THIEVES LIKE US d. Robert Altman, 1974 at BFI Southbank (21 JUN 17:50).
- THE WARRIORS d. Walter Hill, 1979 + Intro by director Asif Kapadia at BFI Southbank (21 JUN 18:00).
- KEYBOARD FANTASIES: THE BEVERLY GLENN-COPELAND STORY d. Posy Dixon, 2019 + Recorded Q&A presented online by House Of Vans (21 JUN 19:00 – FREE online for 48hrs) / Part of Doc’n Roll Festival / Today’s featured attraction!
- JUDAS & THE BLACK MESSIAH d. Shaka King, 2021 at Rooftop Film Club, Peckham (21 JUN 21:30).
- PULP FICTION d. Quentin Tarantino, 1994 at Bar Elba (21 JUN 21:00).
- Architecture Film Festival London (02 to 27 JUN).
- Bagri Foundation London Indian Film Festival (17 JUN to 04 JUL).
- Barnes Film Festival (17 to 23 JUN).
- Doc’n Roll Festival – Summer Screenings (JUN & JUL).
- London Migration Film Festival (17 to 23 JUN).
- Queer East – Pride Season (JUN & JUL).
- SERET International Israeli Film Festival (21 to 28 JUN).
- Also (other films/venues may be available!): THE RETURN: LIFE AFTER ISIS d. Alba Sotorra Clua, 2021 at Bertha DocHouse (from 20 to 23 JUN) // THE VIEWING BOOTH d. Ra’anan Alexandrowicz, 2019 at Bertha DocHouse (daily from 18 to 24 JUN various times).
- Sine Screen presents Vulnerable Histories at Close-Up & The Garden Cinema (19 to 26 AUG 2023)
- Lost Reels presents 16mm & 35mm screenings at The Cinema Museum & ICA (19 & 31 AUG 2023)
- The Duke Mitchell Film Club presents DukeFest 2023: A Brave New World (13 to 16 AUG 2023)
- Cinema Mentiré launches with OLHAR PERIFERICO season (AUG 2023)
GET THESE LISTINGS EMAILED EVERY MORNING WITH A MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP AT PATREON: JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.