MONDAY 22 NOVEMBER 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today across DIY, indie & alternative cinema including one-off screen events, film seasons, film festivals & our selection of new releases.
NAKED: 4K RESTORATION d. Mike Leigh, 1993 at Genesis Cinema (22 NOV 20:45).
- “A portrait of male angst and social dislocation, which took best director and actor prizes at Cannes, Leigh’s film features a truly unforgettable performance by David Thewlis. He plays Johnny, a frenetic and destructive outsider who tears through the lives of others like an emotional tornado. On the run from Manchester, he seeks sanctuary with his ex-girlfriend Louise (Lesley Sharp) in London, where he immediately targets her vulnerable housemate Sophie (Katrin Cartlidge). From there, he embarks on a nocturnal odyssey across the city, dragging other disaffected souls into his orbit as he spirals towards his own personal apocalypse. Leigh’s film is astonishing – a controversial and unforgettable exploration of society morally adrift in the aftermath of Thatcher’s decade in power.”
- AMORES PERROS d. Alejandro G. Iñárritu, 2000 + 2-Course Dinner presented by Spanish Marks at The India Club (22 NOV 18:30).
- CARLITO’S WAY d. Brian De Palma, 1993 at The Prince Charles (22 NOV 20:30).
- THE FATHER d. Florian Zeller, 2020 at Whirled Cinema (22 NOV 20:00).
- LOST HIGHWAY d. David Lynch, 1997 presented by Deeper Into Movies at Sebright Arms (22 NOV 19:30 – FREE).
- NAKED: 4K RESTORATION d. Mike Leigh, 1993 at Genesis Cinema (22 NOV 20:45).
- PUNCH-DRUNK LOVE 35mm d. Paul Thomas Anderson, 2002 at The Prince Charles (22 NOV 18:10).
- Smashing Down the ‘LGBT+ Free Zones’ Film, Panel & Party at The Glory (22 NOV 19:30).
- ZOLA d. Janicza Bravo, 2020 presented by Deeper Into Movies at Farr’s Dalston (22 NOV 19:30).
- BFI Southbank is closed for private hire today.
- EFG London Jazz Festival (12 to 21 NOV).
- Frames Of Representation (25 NOV to 04 DEC).
- French Film Festival (03 NOV to 15 DEC).
- From Venice To London (18 to 22 NOV).
- Irish Film Festival London (17 to 21 NOV).
- London Korean Film Festival (04 to 19 NOV).
- London Migration Film Festival (25 NOV to 01 DEC).
- London Palestine Film Festival (19 NOV to 03 DEC).
- Made In Prague Festival (07 NOV to 10 DEC).
- Native Spirit Festival (12 OCT to 20 NOV).
- Ocean Film Festival (16 to 24 NOV).
- Ukrainian Film Festival (22 NOV to 06 DEC).
- Also (19 to 25 NOV various dates/times): BRUISED d. Halle Berry, 2020 at: Curzon Cinemas // CHUNGKING EXPRESS d. Wong Kar Wai, 1994 at: The Prince Charles // THE JUMP d. Giedrė Žickytė, 2020 at: Bertha DocHouse // KING RICHARD d. Reinaldo Marcus Green, 2021 at: Chiswick Cinema / The Cinema In The Arches / Curzon Cinemas / Everyman Cinemas / Genesis Cinema / Kino Bermondsey / The Lexi / Peckhamplex / Picturehouse Cinemas / Regent Street Cinema / Rich Mix // ROCKY IV: ROCKY VS DRAGO [Ultimate Director’s Cut] d. Sylvester Stallone, 1985 at: The Prince Charles.
- Sine Screen presents Vulnerable Histories at Close-Up & The Garden Cinema (19 to 26 AUG 2023)
- Lost Reels presents 16mm & 35mm screenings at The Cinema Museum & ICA (19 & 31 AUG 2023)
- The Duke Mitchell Film Club presents DukeFest 2023: A Brave New World (13 to 16 AUG 2023)
- Cinema Mentiré launches with OLHAR PERIFERICO season (AUG 2023)
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.