MONDAY: What’s on in London today [24/05/21]
MONDAY 24 MAY 2021 (A–Z) // Films screening in London today including one-off events, limited runs, film clubs, repertory seasons, film festivals, outdoor events, & our selection of new releases.
Twitter @radiantcircus | Instagram @radiantcircus
- 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY 70MM ‘unrestored version’ d. Stanley Kubrick, 1968 at The Prince Charles (24 MAY 12:00).
- AKIRA d. Katsuhiro Ôtomo, 1988 at The Prince Charles (24 MAY 15:40 & 20:30).
- CALIFORNIA SPLIT d. Robert Altman, 1974 at BFI Southbank (24 MAY 20:50).
- THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: 15th Anniversary Screening d. David Frankel, 2006 at Everyman Muswell Hill (24 MAY 12:00).
- THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: 15th Anniversary Screening d. David Frankel, 2006 at Everyman Chelsea (24 MAY 14:00).
- ELLA FITZGERALD: JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS d. Leslie Woodhead, 2019 at BFI Southbank (24 MAY 18:10).
- GET OUT d. Jordan Peele, 2017 at Picturehouse Central (24 MAY 21:20).
- GOD’S OWN COUNTRY d. Francis Lee, 2017 + Intro by the director & actor Josh O’Connor at Picturehouse Central (24 MAY 18:30).
- GREASE d. Randal Kleiser, 1978 at Backyard Cinema (24 MAY 20:30).
- MA RAINEY’S BLACK BOTTOM d. George C. Wolfe, 2020 at The Lexi Cinema (24 MAY 18:20).
- MIRROR aka Zerkalo d. Andrei Tarkovsky, 1975 + Pre-recorded intro by director Małgorzata Szumowska at BFI Southbank (24 MAY 17:50).
- MONOS d. Alejandro Landes, 2019 at Picturehouse Central (24 MAY 21:00).
- MY DONKEY, MY LOVER & I aka Antoinette dans les Cévennes d. Caroline Vignal, 2020 at Ciné Lumière (24 MAY 18:20).
- MY JOURNEY THROUGH FRENCH CINEMA d. Bertrand Tavernier, 2016 at Picturehouse Central (24 MAY 13:30).
- THE NIGHT OF THE HUNTER d. Charles Laughton, 1955 at BFI Southbank (24 MAY 14:30).
- SLALOM d. Charlène Favier, 2020 at Watermans (24 MAY 16:00).
- SYNDROMES & A CENTURY 35MM (d. Apichatpong Weerasethakul, 2006) + Pre-recorded intro by director Chaitanya Tamhane at BFI Southbank (24 MAY 20:30 – our featured attraction of the week!).
- No Ticket Required: BLACK BEAR online discussion with Jon Davies presented by Watermans (24 MAY 20:00 – FREE online event/Watch film in advance).
- Robert Altman, Outsider and Innovator: An Illustrated Online Talk by Geoff Andrew at BFI Southbank (24 MAY 19:00).
- THE GREAT GATSBY d. Baz Luhrmann, 2013 at Drive In Film Club at Alexandra Palace (24 MAY 17:45).
- JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH d. Shaka King, 2021 at The Drive In at Troubadour Meridian Water (24 MAY 21:30).
- MORTAL KOMBAT d. Simon McQuoid, 2021 at The Drive In at Troubadour Meridian Water (24 MAY 18:30).
- TOP GUN d. Tony Scott, 1986 at Drive In Film Club at Brent Cross (24 MAY 20:45).
- TOP GUN d. Tony Scott, 1986 at Drive In Film Club at Alexandra Palace (24 MAY 21:15).
- Beyond Words: French Literature Festival (17 to 23 MAY)
- Chronic Youth Film Festival (01 APR to 03 JUN)
- Kinoteka: The 19th Polish Film Festival (06 MAY to 04 JUN 2021)
APPLES d. Christos Nikou, 2020 at ArtHouse, Curzon & Riverside Studios (other venues available!).
RARE BEASTS d. Billie Piper, 2019 at ArtHouse, The Castle, Curzon, Everyman, Genesis, Riverside Studios (other venues available!).
SPRING BLOSSOM d. Suzanne Lindon, 2020 at Ciné Lumière (21 to 25 + 27 MAY) & Curzon (daily until 27 MAY).
WINGS OF DESIRE d. Wim Wenders, 1987 at Picturehouse Central (daily until 27 MAY).
- Malarkey Film Festival presents CREEPUSCULA at Phoenix Cinema (05 APR 2023)
- The Essay Film Festival at ICA & Birkbeck Cinema (25 to 31 MAR 2023)
- Crap Film Club presents ‘Turkish Star Wars’ to raise funds for the Turkey-Syria Earthquake Appeal at The Old Queens Head (03 APR 2023 – extra screening 05 APR!)
- The Vito Project Queer Film Club presents DRESSED TO THRILL season at The Cinema Museum (08 FEB to 04 JUN 2023)
GET THESE LISTINGS EMAILED EVERY MORNING WITH A MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP AT PATREON: JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.