MONDAY 29 NOVEMBER 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today across DIY, indie & alternative cinema including one-off screen events, film seasons, film festivals & our selection of new releases.
I WANNA HOLD YOUR HAND 35mm d. Robert Zemeckis, 1978 presented by Jake Cunningham at The Prince Charles (29 NOV 20:30).
- “The directorial debut from Robert Zemeckis (FORREST GUMP, BACK TO THE FUTURE, CAST AWAY) and the first film to hold Steven Spielberg’s name as a producer, I WANNA HOLD YOUR HAND is a fascinating piece of film and music history. Behind the camera, it’s the moment that two giants of Hollywood lay a stylistic blueprint for so much of their work together in gleeful, off-beat, creative fashion. Musically, it’s also a rare opportunity to hear a huge selection of Beatles’ songs on film, which would quickly become a costly soundtrack inclusion, in the loud and lovely setting of the iconic Prince Charles Cinema.”
MONDAY 29 NOV
- 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY 70mm d. Stanley Kubrick, 1968 ‘unrestored version’ at The Prince Charles (29 NOV 20:15).
- THE AMAZING MR BLUNDEN d. Mark Gatiss, 2021 + Q&A with the director, actors Tamsin Greig & Simon Callow hosted by Mark Kermode TV Preview at BFI Southbank (29 NOV 18:15).
- ANOTHER YEAR d. Mike Leigh, 2010 at BFI Southbank (29 NOV 20:30).
- AS TEARS GO BY d. Wong Kar Wai, 1988 at The Prince Charles (29 NOV 12:40).
- I WANNA HOLD YOUR HAND 35mm d. Robert Zemeckis, 1978 presented by Jake Cunningham at The Prince Charles (29 NOV 20:30).
- JODOROWSKY’S DUNE d. Frank Pavich, 2013 presented by Deeper Into Movies at Moth Club (29 NOV 19:30).
- KUSAMA: INFINITY d. Heather Lenz, 2018 presented by Deeper Into Movies at Farr’s Dalston (29 NOV 19:30).
- NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN 35mm d. Ethan Coen & Joel Coen, 2007 at The Prince Charles (29 NOV 15:00 – £1 Members Screening).
- PETERLOO d. Mike Leigh, 2018 at BFI Southbank (29 NOV 17:40).
- PIERROT LE FOU d. Jean-Luc Godard, 1965 at Ciné Lumière (29 NOV 18:15).
- PIRATES d. Reggie Yates, 2021 + Q&A with the director at Peckhamplex (29 NOV 19:15).
- THE PLEASURE GIRLS d. Gerry O’Hara, 1965 at BFI Southbank (29 NOV 18:20).
- RAW d. Julia Ducournau, 2016 presented by Deeper Into Movies at Sebright Arms (29 NOV 19:30 – FREE!).
- RIDERS OF JUSTICE d. Anders Thomas Jensen, 2020 at Whirled Cinema (29 NOV 20:00).
- UN FLIC d. Jean-Pierre Melville, 1972 at BFI Southbank (29 NOV 20:55).
- ZINDAGI NA MILEGI DOBARA d. Zoya Akhtar, 2011 + 2-Course Dinner at India Club Lounge Bar (29 NOV 18:30).
- No Ticket Required: THE PEANUT BUTTER FALCON d. Tyler Nilson & Michael Schwartz, 2019 free online discussion of the film with Michael Brooke at Watermans (29 NOV 20:00 – Watch film beforehand/register for free discussion).
- Frames Of Representation (25 NOV to 04 DEC).
- French Film Festival (03 NOV to 15 DEC).
- London Baltic Film Festival (27 to 28 NOV).
- London International Animation Festival (26 NOV to 05 DEC).
- London Migration Film Festival (25 NOV to 01 DEC).
- London Palestine Film Festival (19 NOV to 03 DEC).
- Made In Prague Festival (07 NOV to 10 DEC).
- Russian Film Week (28 NOV to 05 DEC).
- Soho Horror Film Festival (26 to 28 NOV).
- Ukranian Film Festival (22 NOV to 06 DEC).
THE FIRST WAVE d. Matthew Heineman, 2021.
- Various venues, inc: Peckhamplex
HOUSE OF GUCCI d. Ridley Scott, 2021.
- Various venues, inc: ActOne Cinema / ArtHouse Crouch End / Barbican / The Castle Cinema / Catford Mews / Chiswick Cinema / Cinema in the Arches / Curzon Cinemas / Electric Cinemas / Everyman Cinemas / Genesis Cinema / JW3 / Kino Bermondsey / Olympic Cinema / Peckhamplex / Phoenix Cinema / Picturehouse Cinemas / Regent Street Cinema / Rich Mix / Rio Cinema / Riverside Studios
Also (26 NOV to 02 DEC various dates/times):
- 14 PEAKS: NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE d. Torquil Jones, 2021 at: Bertha DocHouse.
- BAD LUCK BANGING OR LOONY PORN d. Radu Jude, 2021 at: Barbican / The Castle Cinema / Curzon Cinemas / ICA / Rio Cinema.
- FALLEN ANGELS d. Wong Kar Wai, 1995 at: The Prince Charles.
- JFK REVISITED: THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS d. Oliver Stone, 2021 at: Bertha DocHouse.
- LAPWING d. Philip Stevens, 2020 at: Rio Cinema.
- PIRATES d. Reggie Yates, 2021 at: Catford Mews / Curzon Cinemas / Electric Cinemas / Everyman Cinemas / Genesis Cinema / Peckhamplex / Rich Mix.
- THE SUMMIT OF THE GODS d. Patrick Imbert, 2021 at: Curzon Cinemas.
- THE UNFORGIVABLE d. Nora Fingscheidt, 2021 at: Curzon Cinemas.
- Brixton Community Cinema presents THE LITTLE GIRL WHO SOLD THE SUN at Brixton Village (02 DEC 2022).
- Cinema of Ideas presents ‘Repetition as Differentiation via LATIFAH AND HIMLI’S NOMADIC UNCLE’ curated by Jemma Desai (online 05 to 20 DEC 2022)
- The Vito Project presents IMITATIONS OF LIFE at The Cinema Museum (18 SEP 2022 to 22 JAN 2023)
- The Social Cinema presents FRAMEBURN at Hackney Brewery & High Hill Taproom (08 SEP to 08 DEC 2022).
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.