RADIANT CIRCUS is your handcrafted guide to London’s DIY, indie & alternative movie nights, film events & gallery screenings. Our DAILY UPDATE helps you find great films in London today*.
MORE EARTH WILL FALL d. Sam Liebman, 2017 + Q&A with the director at The Green (02 MAR 18:30):
- Films For Food returns with a screening of the critically acclaimed documentary. Instead of paying for a ticket for this event just bring a full bag of non-perishable food for entry and the food will go to Pecan Food Bank in Peckham.
NEW AT RADIANT CIRCUS
- DO YOU EXHIBIT? Find out how we can help promote your indie screen event in Greater London.
- NOW BOOKING: Plan ahead with our epic roundup of rep seasons & film festivals projecting across London this month.
- NEWS: Barge Fiodra moors at Limehouse Basin for two watery days of film [01 to 02 MAR].
- NEWS: Phoenix Cinema Trust has launched a #PhoenixRising fundraiser – help save this much-loved venue.
FILMS IN LONDON TODAY
Films in London today (A – Z):
- ALL CLOUDS ARE CLOCKS d. Leslie Megahey, 1976/1991 at Barbican Centre (02 MAR 11:00).
- AMERICAN PSYCHO 35mm d. Mary Harron, 2000 at Everyman Screen On The Green (02 MAR 23:00).
- BORDER d. Ali Abbasi, 2018 at ICA (02 MAR 20:50).
- CAN YOU EVER FORGIVE ME? d. Marielle Heller, 2018 at The Lexi (02 MAR 15:00).
- THE FAVOURITE d. Yorgos Lanthimos, 2018 at The Lexi (02 MAR 20:30).
- HALE COUNTY THIS MORNING, THIS EVENING d. RaMell Ross, 2018 at ICA (02 MAR 12:25).
- HOT FUZZ d. Edgar Wright, 2007 presented by Collective Cinema at St Margaret’s Church, SE13 (02 MAR 20:00).
- IF BEALE STREET COULD TALK d. Barry Jenkins, 2018 at The Lexi (02 MAR 18:00).
- LONDON UNPLUGGED d. various, 2019 at ICA (02 MAR 16:10).
- ON MY SKIN d. Alessio Cremonini, 2018 presented by Fruitvale Film Club at Birkbeck Cinema (02 MAR 14:00 – Free!).
- SAUVAGE d. Camille Vidal-Naquet, 2019 at Regent Street Cinema (02 MAR 14:30, 16:30, 18:30 & 20:30).
- SAUVAGE d. Camille Vidal-Naquet, 2018 at Barbican (02 MAR 20:45).
- SHOPLIFTERS d. Hirokazu Kore-eda, 2018 at ArtHouse Crouch End (02 MAR 15:50).
MUSEUM SHOWS 1 // SEASONS
AKIRA KUROSAWA: SELECTROSPECTIVE at The Prince Charles (until 13 APR):
- THRONE OF BLOOD 35mm d. Akira Kurosawa, 1957 (02 MAR 15:10).
AND THE NOMINEES ARE… OSCARS 2019 at The Prince Charles (until 04 MAY):
- FREE SOLO d. Jimmy Chin & Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi, 2018 (02 MAR 18:15).
- SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE d. Rodney Rothman, Bob Persichetti & Peter Ramsey, 2018 (02 MAR 20:45).
BARGE FIODRA at Limehouse Basin (01 to 02 MAR):
BIG SCREEN CLASSICS: AND THE ACADEMY AWARD DIDN’T GO TO… at BFI Southbank (FEB):
- TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD d. Robert Mulligan, 1962 (02 MAR 20:30).
CLOSE-UP ON ANDREI TARKOVSKY at Close-Up (02 to 31 MAR):
- ANDREI RUBLEV d. Andrei Tarkovsky, 1966 (02 MAR 19:30).
THE FILMS OF JEAN-MARIE STRAUB AND DANIÈLE HUILLET Goethe-Institut & partners’ epic season starts this week at BFI Southbank & ICA (MAR to JUN):
- CHRONICLE OF ANNA MAGDALENA BACH 35mm d. Jean-Marie Straub & Danièle Huillet, 1967 + INTRO by Barbara Ulrich (02 MAR 18:25 – BFI).
STARRING BARBARA STANWYCK at BFI Southbank (MAR):
- ANNIE OAKLEY 35mm d. George Stevens, 1935 (02 MAR 18:20).
- THE MAD MISS MANTON 35mm d. Leigh Jason, 1938 (02 MAR 20:40).
WALT DISNEY SELECTROSPECTIVE at The Prince Charles (until 23 MAR):
- Includes: THE BLACK CAULDRON d. Ted Berman & Richard Rich, 1985 (02 MAR 13:00).
MUSEUM SHOWS 2 // FESTIVALS
Film festivals in London today include:
- Cinema Made In Italy (26 FEB to 03 MAR).
- Deptford Cinema Film Festival 2019 – Comedy Shorts (02 MAR).
ABOUT A WAR d. Abi Weaver & Daniele Rugo at ArtHouse Crouch End (02 MAR 13:20):
- Moving through the testimonies of Assaad, a right wing Christian intelligence officer; Ahed, a Palestinian refugee fighter and Nassim, a Communist commander, ABOUT A WAR unpicks the personal motivations, trauma and regret of militiamen who picked up arms during the Lebanese Civil War.
BURNING MEN d. Jeremy Wooding, 2019 at Peckhamplex (02 MAR 20:30):
- Young, struggling musicians Ray and Don are evicted from their South London squat. They take to the road in their old Volvo Amazon, planning to sell their prized vinyl record collection and fly to Memphis USA. However, when they fail to get the money needed, they steal a rare Black Metal record which seems to unleash dark forces that threaten their mission.
SAUVAGE d. Camille Vidal-Naquet, 2018 at ICA (02 MAR 14:00, 18:45 & 20:45):
- Leo (Félix Maritaud) is a 22-year-old sex worker who yearns for affection. In poor health and with no fixed address, he finds fleeting solace in the arms of the men he meets through his work. The crushing solitude of Leo’s life is tempered when he falls for fellow hustler Ahd.
More films in London this week (A – Z):
- THE AFTERMATH d. James Kent, 2019 at Phoenix Cinema (01 to 07 MAR). ALIEN d. Ridley Scott, 1979 New Restoration at The Prince Charles (01 to 10 MAR). BURNING d. Lee Chang-dong, 2018 at The Castle Cinema (until 07 MAR). CAPERNAUM d. Nadine Labaki, 2018 at Ciné Lumière (until 07 MAR). THE FAVOURITE d. Yorgos Lanthimos, 2018 at Rio Cinema (until 07 MAR). FIGHTING WITH MY FAMILY d. Stephen Merchant, 2019 at Rich Mix (01 to 07 MAR). FOXTROT d. Samuel Maoz, 2017 at JW3 (01 to 07 MAR). GREEN BOOK d. Peter Farrelly, 2018 at Watermans (01 to 07 MAR). THE HOLE IN THE GROUND d. Lee Cronin, 2019 at ArtHouse Crouch End (01 to 07 MAR). OF LOVE & LAW d. Hikaru Toda, 2017 at DocHouse (01 to 06 MAR). ON THE BASIS OF SEX d. Mimi Leder, 2019 at Genesis Cinema (until 07 MAR). THE PONDS d. Patrick McLennan & Samuel Smith, 2018 + various dates Q&A with the directors at Arthouse Crouch End (02 to 07 MAR). SHOPLIFTERS d. Hirokazu Kore-eda, 2018 at ICA (until 07 MAR). TEDDY PENDERGRASS: IF YOU DON’T KNOW ME d. Olivia Lichtenstein, 2018 at DocHouse (02 to 07 MAR). WALL d. Cam Christiansen, 2017 at DocHouse (01 to 07 MAR).
Join the hunt for adventurous moving pictures.
SIGN UP to our free eNEWS for regular updates about London’s indie cinema scene.
SUPPORT our work at RADIANT CIRCUS and help promote indie cinema in London. As a Patron, you will get our unique SCREEN GUIDES delivered directly to your inbox, exclusive discounts for screen events and much more!
*THE SMALL PRINT: As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Apologies if we have missed your event. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version. Event dates/times are subject to change by the venue/organiser. We try to only list events you can book for at the time of posting: however, some events may still be sold out. Please click quickly! We don’t filter by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should be 18+.