RADIANT CIRCUS is your handcrafted guide to London’s DIY, indie & alternative movie nights, film events & gallery screenings. Our DAILY UPDATE helps you find great films in London today*.
SHOPLIFTERS at Regent Street Cinema (21 JAN 20:30):
- The 2018 Cannes Film Festival Palme d’Or-winning film from visionary director Hirokazu Kore-eda (NOBODY KNOWS, AFTER THE STORM) is a critically-acclaimed portrait of a family in Japan.
New at RADIANT CIRCUS:
- INTERVIEW: We chatted to Nuala O’Sullivan, director of the Women Over 50 Film Festival (WOFFF), in advance of the BEST OF THE FEST pop-up at Mother’s Ruin (03 FEB 16:00). Read more HERE.
- NEW SEASON guide: DRIFTING SHADOWS: MASTERPIECES OF FINNISH CINEMA at Close-Up (18 to 30 JAN).
- NEW SEASON guide: DEREK JARMAN SELECTROSPECTIVE at The Prince Charles Cinema (23 JAN to 16 APR).
FILMS IN LONDON TODAY
Films in London today (A – Z):
- DISOBEDIENCE at JW3 (21 JAN 20:30).
MUSEUM SHOWS 1 // SEASONS
ALL NIGHT / DAY / MINI MOVIE MARATHONS at The Prince Charles (ongoing):
- THE NAKED GUN TRILOGY 35mm (21 JAN 18:20).
BEST OF 2018 at Ciné Lumière (03 to 26 JAN):
- CLIMAX (21 JAN 20:40).
BIG SCREEN CLASSICS: THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT at BFI Southbank (03 to 31 JAN):
- DRACULA (1931) (21 JAN 20:45).
CHINESE NEW YEAR at BFI Southbank (21 to 31 JAN):
- TURTLE ROCK (21 JAN 18:30).
DRIFTING SHADOWS: MASTERPIECES OF FINNISH CINEMA at Close-Up (18 to 30 JAN):
- THE ETERNAL ROAD (21 JAN 20:15).
LAUREL AND HARDY at BFI Southbank (JAN):
- King’s Key Scholars in Film Studies: ‘I Want Music Everywhere’ – Music and Slapstick in Laurel and Hardy’s Early Sound Films (21 JAN 18:10).
- OUR RELATIONS 35mm + BERTH MARKS 35mm (21 JAN 20:30).
MUSEUM SHOWS 2 // FESTIVALS
We don’t think there are any film festivals in London today…
MARY QUEEN OF SCOTS at ArtHouse (21 JAN 12:30, 15:15, 18:00 & 20:45):
- Explores the turbulent life of the charismatic Mary Stuart (Saoirse Ronan). Queen of France at 16 and widowed at 18, Mary defies pressure to remarry. Instead, she returns to her native Scotland to reclaim her rightful throne. But Scotland and England fall under the rule of the compelling Elizabeth I (Margot Robbie).
THE RAFT at Rio Cinema (21 JAN 18:15):
- In 1973, five men and six women drifted across the Atlantic on a raft as part of a scientific experiment studying the sociology of violence, aggression and sexual attraction in human behavior.
More films in London this week (A – Z):
- A STAR IS BORN at The Prince Charles (until 24 JAN). BEAUTIFUL BOY at Rio Cinema (18 to 24 JAN). BLACK’ 47 at Whirled Cinema (21 to 27 JAN). COLETTE at The Lexi (until 24 JAN). THE FAVOURITEat ICA (until 24 JAN). FREE SOLO at ICA (until 24 JAN). FYRE at The Prince Charles (18 to 24 JAN). HALE COUNTY THIS MORNING, THIS EVENING at ICA (18 to 24 JAN). THE HOUSE BY THE SEA at Ciné Lumière (until 24 JAN). ITZHAK presented by UKJF at JW3 (20 to 24 JAN). THE OLD MAN & THE GUN at The Prince Charles (18 to 24 JAN). ONE CUT OF THE DEAD at The Prince Charles (until 08 FEB). THE PASSENGER at BFI (until 24 FEB). SHOPLIFTERS at ICA (until 24 JAN). SORRY TO BOTHER YOU at The Prince Charles (until 24 JAN). STAN & OLLIE at The Castle Cinema (until 24 JAN). THREE IDENTICAL STRANGERS at DocHouse (until 24 JAN).
Join the hunt for adventurous moving pictures.
SIGN UP to our free eNEWS for regular updates about London’s indie cinema scene.
SUPPORT our work at RADIANT CIRCUS and help promote indie cinema in London. As a Patron, you will get our unique SCREEN GUIDES delivered directly to your inbox, exclusive discounts for screen events and much more!
*THE SMALL PRINT: As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Apologies if we have missed your event. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version. Event dates/times are subject to change by the venue/organiser. We try to only list events you can book for at the time of posting: however, some events may still be sold out. Please click quickly! We don’t filter by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should be 18+.