THURSDAY 04 NOVEMBER 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today across DIY, indie & alternative cinema including one-off screen events, film seasons, film festivals & our selection of new releases.
THE QATSI TRILOGY 35mm d. Godfrey Reggio, 1982, 1988, 2002 at The Prince Charles (04 NOV 18:00).
- The Qatsi trilogy is the informal name given to a series of three films produced by Godfrey Reggio and scored by Philip Glass. KOYAANISQATSI: LIFE OUT OF BALANCE (1982): Drawing its title from the Hopi word meaning “life out of balance,” this renowned documentary reveals how humanity has grown apart from nature. POWAQQATSI: LIFE IN TRANSFORMATION (1988): Explores the intersection of primitive cultures and the industrial world in this documentary, chronicling the everyday lives of people living and working in impoverished countries, where modern life is fraught with difficulty. NAQOYQATSI: LIFE AS WAR (2002): The long-awaited sequel once again takes us on an emotional journey that highlights the profundities embedded in our everyday lives.
- 20-22 OMEGA d. Thierry Loa, 2021 at BFI Southbank (04 NOV 18:10) / Part of Green Light: An immersive focus on Climate Change.
- THE BABADOOK d. Jennifer Kent, 2014 presented by Twickenham Cinema Club at The Venue at Heatham House (04 NOV 19:00).
- BEETLEJUICE d. Tim Burton, 1988 at The Prince Charles (04 NOV 13:00 – £1 Members’ Film).
- Taste Film presents: BEETLEJUICE d. Tim Burton, 1988 immersive food experience at Everyman Maida Vale (04 NOV 20:00).
- THE BIGGEST LITTLE FARM d. John Chester, 2018 at Whirled Cinema (04 NOV 20:00).
- BLADE 35mm d. Stephen Norrington, 1998 at The Prince Charles (04 NOV 18:15).
- HOUSE OF BAMBOO d. Samuel Fuller, 1955 at BFI (04 NOV 20:50).
- LIFE IS SWEAT d. Mike Leigh, 1990 at BFI (04 NOV 18:15).
- NOMADLAND d. Chloé Zhao, 2020 at The David Lean (04 NOV 14:30 & 19:30).
- NORTH BY NORTHWEST d. Alfred Hitchcock, 1959 presented by Hitchcock Film Club at Fontaine’s Bar (04 NOV 20:00 – FREE!).
- PASSING d. Rebecca Hall, 2021 + Recorded Intro by the director at BFI Southbank (04 NOV 17:50) / Part of Woman with a Movie Camera.
- THE QATSI TRILOGY 35mm d. Godfrey Reggio, 1982, 1988, 2002 at The Prince Charles (04 NOV 18:00).
- RAW d. Julia Ducournau, 2016 at Catford Mews (04 NOV 18:45).
- SCREAM d. Wes Craven, 1996 at The Prince Charles (29 OCT to 04 NOV various – some 35mm).
- THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS d. Jonathan Demme, 1991 at The Prince Charles (04 NOV 13:20).
- YOJIMBO d. Akira Kurosawa, 1961 at Picturehouse Cinemas (04 NOV various).
- Brazil Indigenous Film Festival (22 OCT to 04 NOV).
- Doc’n Roll Film Festival (28 OCT to 14 NOV).
- French Film Festival (03 NOV to 15 DEC).
- FrightFest Halloween (29 to 30 OCT).
- Halloween Horror Festival (29 OCT).
- London East Asia Film Festival (21 to 31 OCT).
- London Korean Film Festival (04 to 19 NOV).
- Native Spirit Festival (12 OCT to 20 NOV).
- Panorama of Bulgarian Film (28 to 31 OCT).
- Raindance Film Festival (27 OCT to 06 NOV).
- UK Jewish Film Festival (04 to 18 NOV).
- Also (29 OCT to 04 NOV various dates/times): A COP MOVIE d. Alonso Ruizpalacios, 2021 at: Bertha DocHouse // ANTLERS d. Scott Cooper, 2021 at: Everyman Cinemas // AZOR d. Andreas Fontana, 2021 at: ArtHouse Crouch End / Ciné Lumière / Curzon Cinemas / ICA// QUANT d. Sadie Frost, 2021 at: ArtHouse Crouch End / Curzon Cinemas / Everyman Cinemas / ICA / JW3 / Olympic Studios / Picturehouse Cinemas / THE RESCUE d. Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi & Jimmy Chin, 2021 at: ArtHouse Crouch End / Peckhamplex / Picturehouse Cinemas.
- The Vito Project Queer Film Club presents DRESSED TO THRILL season at The Cinema Museum (08 FEB to 04 JUN 2023)
- The Short List 3: Film As Therapy – short films about mental health at The Cinema In The Power Station (13 FEB 2023).
- Lost Reels presents Philip Kaufman’s HENRY AND JUNE from 35mm at The Prince Charles Cinema (21 FEB 2023)
- Electric Frog Film Club presents Hiroshi Teshigahara’s PITFALL at ArtHouse Crouch End (15 FEB 2023)
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.