THURSDAY 07 OCTOBER 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today including one-off events, limited runs, film clubs, repertory seasons, film festivals, outdoor events, & our selection of new releases.
EYES WITHOUT A FACE 35mm aka Les Yeux sans visage d. Georges Franju, 1960 at The Prince Charles (07 OCT 16:05) / Part of HORROCTOBER.
- “Dr. Génessier (Pierre Brasseur) is riddled with guilt after an accident that he caused disfigures the face of his daughter, the once beautiful Christiane (Édith Scob), who outsiders believe is dead. Dr. Génessier, along with accomplice and laboratory assistant Louise (Alida Valli), kidnaps young women and brings them to the Génessier mansion. After rendering his victims unconscious, Dr. Génessier removes their faces and attempts to graft them on to Christiane’s.”
- CENSOR d. Prano Bailey-Bond, 2021 at The Prince Charles (07 OCT 21:00).
- ENTER THE DRAGON [Uncut] 35mm d. Robert Clouse, 1973 at The Prince Charles (07 OCT 15:35).
- EYES WITHOUT A FACE 35mm aka Les Yeux sans visage d. Georges Franju, 1960 at The Prince Charles (07 OCT 16:05).
- RAW d. Julia Ducournau, 2016 at The Prince Charles (07 OCT 18:30).
- SOMETHING FROM NOTHING: THE ART OF RAP d. Ice-T & Andy Baybutt, 2012 at Whirled Cinema (07 OCT 20:00).
- UNQUIET EARTH aka Tierra Inquieta d. Chiara Ambrosio & Caterina Pasqualino, 2018 at The Whitechapel Gallery (07 OCT 19:00).
- THE WITCH d. Robert Eggers, 2015 at The Prince Charles (07 OCT 13:30).
- BFI London Film Festival (06 to 17 OCT).
- Crystal Palace International Film Festval (09 SEP to 02 OCT).
- EFN Short Film Festival (27 SEP to 01 OCT).
- Fringe! Queer Film & Arts Fest programme launch (05 OCT)
- Women Over 50 Film Festival (25 SEP to 02 OCT).
BELLY OF THE BEAST d. Erika Cohn, 2020.
- Various venues inc: Bertha DocHouse
EMA d. Pablo Larraín, 2019.
- Various venues inc: ICA
OLIVER SACKS: HIS OWN LIFE d. Ric Burns, 2019.
- Various venues inc: Ciné Lumière
- Also (01 to 07 OCT various dates/times): FAUCI d. John Hoffman & Janet Tobias, 2021 at: JW3 // FRIDA – VIVA LA VIDA d. Giovanni Troilo, 2019 at: Bertha DocHouse // MY NAME IS PAULI MURRAY d. Julie Coleman, 2021 at: Watermans // SONG WITHOUT A NAME aka Canción sin nombre d. Melina León, 2019 at: ICA.
- Sine Screen presents Vulnerable Histories at Close-Up & The Garden Cinema (19 to 26 AUG 2023)
- Lost Reels presents 16mm & 35mm screenings at The Cinema Museum & ICA (19 & 31 AUG 2023)
- The Duke Mitchell Film Club presents DukeFest 2023: A Brave New World (13 to 16 AUG 2023)
- Cinema Mentiré launches with OLHAR PERIFERICO season (AUG 2023)
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.