THURSDAY 10 JUNE 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today including one-off events, limited runs, film clubs, repertory seasons, film festivals, outdoor events, & our selection of new releases.
- 3 WOMEN 4K d. Robert Altman, 1977 at BFI Southbank (10 JUN 14:30).
- AHEAD OF THE CURVE d. Jen Rainin, 2021 at Genesis Cinema (10 JUN 21:10).
- ARAB BLUES aka Un Divan à Tunis d. Manele Labidi, 2019 at Ciné Lumière (10 JUN 20:30).
- A STAR IS BORN d. George Cukor, 1954 at Backyard Cinema (10 JUN 20:30).
- BANK JOB d. Dan Edelstyn & Hilary Powell, 2021 at Bertha DocHouse (10 JUN 20:30).
- BILLIE d. James Erskine, 2019 at Bertha DocHouse (10 JUN 16:00).
- BRING IT ON d. Peyton Reed, 2000 at Backyard Cinema (10 JUN 20:00).
- CLEO FROM 5 TO 7 aka Cléo de 5 à 7 d. Agnès Varda, 1961 at BFI Southbank (10 JUN 21:00).
- DE GAULLE d. Gabriel Le Bomin, 2019 at Ciné Lumière (10 JUN 20:30).
- DREAM HORSE d. Euros Lyn, 2020 + Q&A at Lexi Cinema (10 JUN 18:00).
- THE HUMAN VOICE d. Pedro Almodóvar, 2020 + Recorded Q&A at Barbican (10 JUN 15:30).
- Preview: IN THE EARTH d. Ben Wheatley, 2021 + Q&A with the director at BFI Southbank (10 JUN 19:00).
- IVAN’S CHILDHOOD d. Andrei Tarkovsky, 1962 at The Prince Charles (10 JUN 16:00).
- LAPUTA: CASTLE IN THE SKY d. Hayao Miyazaki, 1986 at Picturehouse Greenwich (10 JUN 20:20 – SUB).
- LIMA SCREAMS d. Dana Bonilla, Ximena Valdivia, 2018 at Barbican Cinema (10 JUN 18:20) / Part of Return To The City / Today’s featured attraction!
- M*A*S*H d. Robert Altman, 1970 at BFI Southbank (10 JUN 18:00).
- THE MOLE AGENT d. Maite Alberdi, 2020 at Bertha DocHouse (10 JUN 14:00).
- ROMEO + JULIET 35MM d. Baz Luhrmann, 1966 at The Prince Charles (10 JUN 18:15).
- THE ROOM d. Tommy Wiseau, 2003 at The Prince Charles (10 JUN 21:00).
- SPARKLE d. Salim Akil, 2012 at BFI Southbank (10 JUN 20:35).
- TWENTY FEET FROM STARDOM d. Morgan Neville, 2013 at BFI Southbank (10 JUN 18:20).
- UNDERGODS d. Chino Moya, 2021 + Q&A with the director at Genesis Cinema (10 JUN 18:20).
- THE WIZARD OF OZ d. Victor Fleming & George Cukor, 1939 at Backyard Cinema (10 JUN 16:30).
- WONDER WOMAN 1984 d. Patty Jenkins, 2020 at Backyard Cinema (10 JUN 16:00).
- THE CONJURING 3: THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT d. Michael Chaves, 2021 at The Drive In at Troubadour Meridian Water (10 JUN 22:30).
- THE GREAT GATSBY d. Baz Luhrmann, 2013 at Rooftop Film Club, Peckham (10 JUN 21:15).
- MEAN GIRLS d. Mark Waters, 2004 at Rooftop Film Club, Stratford East (10 JUN 21:15).
- THOR at Bar Elba (10 JUN 21:00).
- WONDER WOMAN 1984 d. Patty Jenkins, 2020 at The Drive In at Troubadour Meridian Water (10 JUN 19:00).
- Erm… what are we missing?
A QUIET PLACE PART II d. John Krasinski, 2020
Various venues, inc: Archlight Cinema, ArtHouse Crouch End, The Castle Cinema, Catford Mews, Curzon Mews, Electric Cinemas, Everyman Cinemas, Genesis Cinema, Kino Bermondsey, Lexi Cinema, Olympic Studios, Peckhamplex, Picturehouse Cinemas, Rich Mix, Riverside Studios
- Also (other venues may be available!): AHEAD OF THE CURVE d. Jen Rainin & Rivkah Beth Medow, 2020 at Catford Mews // DREAM HORSE d. Euros Lyn, 2020 at Archlight Cinema, Everyman Cinemas, Lexi Cinema, Olympic Studios, Picturehouse Cinemas // LAND d. Robin Wright, 2021 at Everyman Cinemas, Picturehouse Cinemas // NOBODY d. Ilya Naishuller, 2020 at Genesis Cinema.
- Sine Screen presents Vulnerable Histories at Close-Up & The Garden Cinema (19 to 26 AUG 2023)
- Lost Reels presents 16mm & 35mm screenings at The Cinema Museum & ICA (19 & 31 AUG 2023)
- The Duke Mitchell Film Club presents DukeFest 2023: A Brave New World (13 to 16 AUG 2023)
- Cinema Mentiré launches with OLHAR PERIFERICO season (AUG 2023)
GET THESE LISTINGS EMAILED EVERY MORNING WITH A MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP AT PATREON: JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.