THURSDAY 14 OCTOBER 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today including one-off events, limited runs, film clubs, repertory seasons, film festivals, outdoor events, & our selection of new releases.
Jellied Reels: Big City Trouble surprise double bill at The Castle Cinema (14 OCT 21:00).
- “This month’s serving of Jellied Reels is a surprise double-bill themed around the joyful chaos of city living. Grit and grandeur, style and substance. The metropolis has it all. Lunatics included.”
- A short + feature film presentation. Run time 2 hours-ish. No more details.
- Take a chance and hop in for a cinematic spin!
- 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY 70mm d. Stanley Kubrick, 1968 ‘unrestored version’ at The Prince Charles (14 OCT 14:45).
- THE BETA TEST d. Jim Cummings & PJ McCabe + Q&A with the directors at Genesis Cinema (14 OCT 18:15).
- House Party: BOYZ N THE HOOD d. John Singleton, 1991 at Everyman Cinemas (14 OCT various – Beer & popcorn included in the ticket price).
- DEEP RED d. Dario Argento, 1975 at The Prince Charles (14 OCT 18:00).
- DONNIE DARKO d. Richard Kelly, 2001 at The Prince Charles (14 OCT 12:30).
- DUNE d. David Lynch, 1984 at The Prince Charles (14 OCT 20:50).
- I AM BELMAYA d. Sue Carpenter & Belmaya Nepali, 2021 + Q&A with Sue Carpenter at Bertha DocHouse (14 OCT 18:15).
- Jellied Reels: Big City Trouble surprise double bill at The Castle Cinema (14 OCT 21:00).
- LES DIABOLIQUES d. Henri-Georges Clouzot, 1955 at Ciné Lumière (14 OCT 20:30).
- LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS [Director’s Cut] d. Frank Oz, 1986 at The Prince Charles (14 OCT 12:00).
- NO TIME TO DIE d. Cary Joji Fukunaga, 2020 + Q&A with screenwriters Robert Wade & Neal Purvis at Regent Street Cinema (14 OCT 19:30).
- Poetry + Film/Hack – ROCKS d. Sarah Gavron, 2019 + Live performance presented by Inua Ellams at Barbican (14 OCT 19:45 – Relaxed screening).
- Banff Mountain Film Festival – London (11 to 19 OCT).
- BFI London Film Festival (06 to 17 OCT).
- Native Spirit Festival (12 OCT to 20 NOV).
- Wimbledon International Short Film Festival (09 OCT).
FEVER DREAM d. Claudia Llosa, 2021.
- Venues inc: Curzon Cinemas.
NO PLACE LIKE HOME d. Perry Henzell, 1975.
- Venues inc: Catford Mews.
PIER KIDS d. Elegance Bratton, 2019.
- Venues inc: ICA
- Also (08 to 14 OCT various dates/times): CONVERGENCE: COURAGE IN A CRISIS d. Orlando von Einsiedel, 2021 at: Bertha DocHouse // FATHER OF THE CYBORGS d. David Burke, 2021 at: Bertha DocHouse // FREAKSCENE : THE STORY OF DINOSAUR JR. d. Philipp Reichenheim, 2021 at: Picturehouse Cinemas / The Prince Charles Cinema // HONEY CIGAR d. Kamir Aïnouz, 2020 at: ICA // I AM NOT YOUR NEGRO d. Raoul Peck, 2016 at: Catford Mews // MY LITTLE SISTER aka Schwesterlein d. Stéphanie Chuat & Véronique Reymond at: ArtHouse Crouch End / Curzon Cinemas // THE VIEWING BOOTH d. Ra’anan Alexandrowicz, 2019 at: ICA.
- Sine Screen presents Vulnerable Histories at Close-Up & The Garden Cinema (19 to 26 AUG 2023)
- Lost Reels presents 16mm & 35mm screenings at The Cinema Museum & ICA (19 & 31 AUG 2023)
- The Duke Mitchell Film Club presents DukeFest 2023: A Brave New World (13 to 16 AUG 2023)
- Cinema Mentiré launches with OLHAR PERIFERICO season (AUG 2023)
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.