TUESDAY 05 OCTOBER 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today including one-off events, limited runs, film clubs, repertory seasons, film festivals, outdoor events, & our selection of new releases.
GREENER GRASS d. Jocelyn DeBoer & Dawn Luebbe, 2019 presented by Double Wonderful at Venue MOT Unit 18 (05 OCT 19:30).
- “Social anxiety and suburban surrealism set the stage for Jocelyn DeBoer and Dawn Luebbe’s debut feature GREENER GRASS. A deadpan take on suburban hell in the vein of John Waters or Bunel, GREENER GRASS is an essential midnight movie where anything can happen but nobody seems to notice.”
- ‘Like NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET without Freddy Kruger’ – Some guy on Letterboxd
- 3 Films by Niki Kohandel presented by Conch Art Collective at SOAS (05 OCT 18:00 – FREE).
- THE BLACK CAULDRON d. Ted Berman & Richard Rich, 1985 at The Prince Charles (05 OCT 16:00).
- BLUE COLLAR d. Paul Schrader, 1978 at BFI (05 OCT 17:35).
- CASQUE D’OR aka Golden Helmet d. Jacques Becker, 1952 at Ciné Lumière (05 OCT 18:20).
- THE COMPANY OF WOLVES 35mm d. Neil Jordan, 1984 at at The Prince Charles (05 OCT 18:45).
- DAYS OF BEING WILD 4kaka Ah Fei jing juen d. Wong Kar Wai, 1990 at BFI (05 OCT 18:20).
- DONNIE DARKO d. Richard Kelly, 2001 at The Prince Charles (01 to 05 OCT various).
- DUNE d. Denis Villeneuve, 2021 + Recorded Q&A with the director at BFI Southbank (05 OCT 18:30).
- FALLEN ANGELS 4k aka Do lok tin si d. Wong Kar Wai, 1995 at BFI (05 OCT 20:45).
- GREENER GRASS d. Jocelyn DeBoer & Dawn Luebbe, 2019 presented by Double Wonderful at Venue MOT Unit 18 (05 OCT 19:30).
- IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE 4K aka Fa yeung nin wah d. Wong Kar Wai, 2000 at BFI (05 OCT 14:40).
- LET’S TALK aka Ehkeely d. Marianne Khoury, 2019 at BFI (05 OCT 20:50).
- THE LOST BOYS 35mm d. Joel Schumacher, 1987 at The Prince Charles (05 OCT 20:45).
- NADJA 35mm d. Michael Almereyda, 1994 at ICA (05 OCT 18:45).
- Narrative Encounters: Shorts Programme at BFI (05 OCT 18:10).
- ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE d. Jim Jarmusch, 2013 at at The Prince Charles (05 OCT 18:00).
- PLAYING AWAY d. Horace Ové, 1987 for Black History Month at The Halley (05 OCT 18:30 – FREE).
- REAR WINDOW d. Alfred Hitchcock, 1954 at BFI (05 OCT 14:30).
- THE SACRIFICE d. Andrei Tarkovsky, 1986 at ICA (05 OCT 16:00).
- Sam the Wheels, Witness and Filmmaker film programme + Q&A with Sandi Hudson-Francis, Mark Sealy & Lucy Davies at Barbican (05 OCT 18:10) / Part of The Decolonising Lens.
- THE STORY OF A THREE DAY PASS 4k aka La Permission d. Melvin Van Peebles, 1968 at BFI Southbank (05 OCT 20:40).
- THE WICKER MAN d. Robin Hardy, 1973 at The Prince Charles (05 OCT 13:30).
- WOMAN OF THE YEAR d. George Stevens, 1942 presented by Tufnell Park Film Club at The Lord Palmerston (05 OCT 20:00).
- BFI London Film Festival (06 to 17 OCT).
- Crystal Palace International Film Festval (09 SEP to 02 OCT).
- EFN Short Film Festival (27 SEP to 01 OCT).
- Fringe! Queer Film & Arts Fest programme launch (05 OCT)
- Women Over 50 Film Festival (25 SEP to 02 OCT).
BELLY OF THE BEAST d. Erika Cohn, 2020.
- Various venues inc: Bertha DocHouse
EMA d. Pablo Larraín, 2019.
- Various venues inc: ICA
OLIVER SACKS: HIS OWN LIFE d. Ric Burns, 2019.
- Various venues inc: Ciné Lumière
- Also (01 to 07 OCT various dates/times): FAUCI d. John Hoffman & Janet Tobias, 2021 at: JW3 // FRIDA – VIVA LA VIDA d. Giovanni Troilo, 2019 at: Bertha DocHouse // MY NAME IS PAULI MURRAY d. Julie Coleman, 2021 at: Watermans // SONG WITHOUT A NAME aka Canción sin nombre d. Melina León, 2019 at: ICA.
- Bohemia Media presents REBEL DYKES at The Apple Tree (03 JUL 2022)
- Queer Horror Nights presents THE PSYCHO SEQUELS at The Cinema Museum (24 JUL 2022)
- Create Hong Kong & Focus Hong Kong present Making Waves – Navigators of Hong Kong Cinema (08 to 10 JUL 2022)
- Crap Film Club presents TAMMY AND THE T-REX at The Old Queens Head (14 JUL 2022).
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.