TUESDAY 22 JUNE 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today including one-off events, limited runs, film clubs, repertory seasons, film festivals, outdoor events, & our selection of new releases.
- A SUMMER’S TALE 35MM aka Éric Rohmer, 1996 at The Prince Charles (22 JUN 18:25).
- BEGINNING d. Dea Kulumbegashvili, 2020 + Pre-recorded intro by director Luca Guadagnino at BFI Southbank (22 JUN 20:30).
- BEN-GURION: EPILOGUE d. Yariv Mozer, 2016 at JW3 (22 JUN 19:00) / Part of SERET International Israeli Film Festival.
- CRAZY RICH ASIANS d. Jon M. Chu, 2018 at Backyard Cinema (22 JUN 20:30).
- DIABOLO MENTHE d. Diane Kurys & Eléonore Klarwein, 1977 at Ciné Lumière (22 JUN 18:30).
- HERE WE ARE d. Nir Bergman, 2020 (22 JUN 18:15 & 20:30) / Part of SERET International Israeli Film Festival.
- JURASSIC PARK 35MM d. Steven Spielberg, 1993 at The Prince Charles (22 JUN 14:45).
- KING BIBI d. Dan Shadur, 2018 at JW3 (22 JUN 16:00) / Part of SERET International Israeli Film Festival.
- KUMIKO THE TREASURE HUNTER d. David Zellner, 2014 presented by No Bollocks Film Club at The Castle Cinema (22 JUN 19:00) / Our featured attraction of the week!
- M*A*S*H d. Robert Altman, 1970 at BFI Southbank (22 JUN 14:30).
- MEMORIES OF MURDER d. Bong Joon Ho, 2003 at The Prince Charles (22 JUN 21:00).
- OC & STIGGS 35MM d. Robert Altman, 1985 at BFI Southbank (22 JUN 18:00).
- PEEPING TOM d. Michael Powell, 1960 at The Prince Charles (22 JUN 20:30).
- THE REASON I JUMP d. Jerry Rothwell, 2020 + Q&A with the director at Bertha DocHouse (22 JUN 18:20).
- SEARCHING FOR HAPPINESS d. Suman Ghosh, 2021 + Recorded Q&A at BFI Southbank (22 JUN 20:50) / Part of London Indian Film Festival.
- STEAMBOAT BILL, JR. 4K d. Charles F Reisner & Buster Keaton, 1928 + Live piano accompaniment by Costas Fotopoulos at BFI Southbank (22 JUN 18:30).
- SUBMARINE 35MM d. Richard Ayoade, 2010 at The Prince Charles (22 JUN 15:35).
- SUPERNOVA d. Harry Macqueen, 2020 + Q&A with the director at Curzon Soho (22 JUN 18:15).
- WOMB (Women of My Billion) d. Ajitesh Sharma, 2020 at Ciné Lumière (22 JUN 18:15) / Part of London Indian Film Festival.
- KEYBOARD FANTASIES: THE BEVERLY GLENN-COPELAND STORY d. Posy Dixon, 2019 + Recorded Q&A presented online by House Of Vans (21 JUN 19:00 – FREE online for 48hrs) / Part of Doc’n Roll Festival.
- EMPIRE RECORDS d. Allan Moyle, 1995 at Rooftop Film Club, Stratford East (22 JUN 21:15).
- PARASITE .d Bong Joon-ho, 2019 + Q&A with writer Will Wiles presented by RIBA at Rooftop Film Club, Peckham (22 JUN 21:00).
- SCREAM d. Wes Craven, 1996 at Bar Elba (22 JUN 21:00).
- Architecture Film Festival London (02 to 27 JUN).
- Bagri Foundation London Indian Film Festival (17 JUN to 04 JUL).
- Barnes Film Festival (17 to 23 JUN).
- Doc’n Roll Festival – Summer Screenings (JUN & JUL).
- London Migration Film Festival (17 to 23 JUN).
- Queer East – Pride Season (JUN & JUL).
- SERET International Israeli Film Festival (21 to 28 JUN).
- Also (other films/venues may be available!): THE RETURN: LIFE AFTER ISIS d. Alba Sotorra Clua, 2021 at Bertha DocHouse (from 20 to 23 JUN) // THE VIEWING BOOTH d. Ra’anan Alexandrowicz, 2019 at Bertha DocHouse (daily from 18 to 24 JUN various times).
- Sine Screen presents Vulnerable Histories at Close-Up & The Garden Cinema (19 to 26 AUG 2023)
- Lost Reels presents 16mm & 35mm screenings at The Cinema Museum & ICA (19 & 31 AUG 2023)
- The Duke Mitchell Film Club presents DukeFest 2023: A Brave New World (13 to 16 AUG 2023)
- Cinema Mentiré launches with OLHAR PERIFERICO season (AUG 2023)
GET THESE LISTINGS EMAILED EVERY MORNING WITH A MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP AT PATREON: JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.