TUESDAY 30 NOVEMBER 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today across DIY, indie & alternative cinema including one-off screen events, film seasons, film festivals & our selection of new releases.
THE FIREMAN’S BALL d. Milos Foreman, 1967 presented by Tufnell Park Film Club at The Lord Palmerston (30 NOV 20:00).
- “Milos Forman cast actual firemen to play the hapless volunteers who decide to throw a party for their department’s old chief. Who’s stealing the raffle prizes? Will the beauty pageant contestants show up? Nothing goes right as they invite all the small town to the ball. Presumed to be a commentary on the floundering Czech leadership, the film was ‘banned forever’ in Czechoslovakia following the Russian invasion and prompted Forman’s move to America.”
- BAD LUCK BANGING OR LOONY PORN d. Radu Jude, 2021 + Recorded Q&A at The Castle Cinema (30 NOV 18:30).
- DAYS OF BEING WILD d. Wong Kar Wai, 1990 at The Prince Charles (30 NOV 13:15).
- DOG SOLDIERS d. Neil Marshall, 2002 at The Prince Charles (30 NOV 18:00).
- THE FIREMAN’S BALL d. Milos Foreman, 1967 presented by Tufnell Park Film Club at The Lord Palmerston (30 NOV 20:00).
- THE FRENCH DISPATCH d. Wes Anderson, 2021 at The David Lean (30 NOV 19:30).
- GROWN-UPS d. Mike Leigh, 1980 at BFI Southbank (30 NOV 14:15).
- IN THE CUT 35mm d. Jane Campion, 2003 at BFI Southbank (30 NOV 18:10).
- INSIDE MAN d. Spike Lee, 2006 at BFI Southbank (30 NOV 20:20).
- JUSTINE d. Jamie Patterson, 2020 + Q&A with the director & actors Tallaluh Haddon & Sophie Reid at Genesis Cinema (30 NOV 21:00).
- KNIVES OUT d. Rian Johnson, 2019 at The Prince Charles (30 NOV 20:30).
- LAST NIGHT IN SOHO d. Edgar Wright, 2021 at The David Lean (30 NOV 14:30).
- THE LONG DAY CLOSES d. Terence Davies, 1992 at Sands Cinema Club at Sands Film Studio (30 NOV 20:00 / FREE! Donation requested / Also available as a live stream).
- ONIBABA 35mm d. Kaneto Shindô, 1964 at BFI Southbank (30 NOV 17:50).
- POLICE PYTHON 357 35mm d. Alain Corneau, 1976 at Ciné Lumière (30 NOV 17:00).
- RIDERS OF JUSTICE d. Anders Thomas Jensen, 2020 at Whirled Cinema (30 NOV 20:00).
- RUMPELSTILZCHEN d. Michael Nunn, William Trevitt & Richard Jones, 2021 + Q&A with the directors & actors Jane Horrocks, Tanya Reynolds & Daniel Francis-Swaby at Curzon Bloomsbury (30 NOV 18:40).
- SHE WAS LIKE A WILD CHRYSANTHEMUM 35mm aka Nogiku no gotoki kimi nariki d. Keisuke Kinoshita, 1955 at BFI Southbank (30 NOV 20:40).
- SOOT BREATH / CORPUS INFINITUM d. Arjuna Neuman & Denise Ferreira da Silva, 2021 + Performance of Treble Heaven at Cafe Oto (30 NOV 19:00 / Also available as a FREE live stream).
- TOKYO STORY 4k aka Tôkyô monogatari d. Yasujirô Ozu, 1953 at BFI Southbank (30 NOV 14:00).
- TweetFest Shorts Night at ArtHouse Crouch End (30 NOV 20:30).
- Frames Of Representation (25 NOV to 04 DEC).
- French Film Festival (03 NOV to 15 DEC).
- London Baltic Film Festival (27 to 28 NOV).
- London International Animation Festival (26 NOV to 05 DEC).
- London Migration Film Festival (25 NOV to 01 DEC).
- London Palestine Film Festival (19 NOV to 03 DEC).
- Made In Prague Festival (07 NOV to 10 DEC).
- Russian Film Week (28 NOV to 05 DEC).
- Soho Horror Film Festival (26 to 28 NOV).
- Ukranian Film Festival (22 NOV to 06 DEC).
THE FIRST WAVE d. Matthew Heineman, 2021.
- Various venues, inc: Peckhamplex
HOUSE OF GUCCI d. Ridley Scott, 2021.
- Various venues, inc: ActOne Cinema / ArtHouse Crouch End / Barbican / The Castle Cinema / Catford Mews / Chiswick Cinema / Cinema in the Arches / Curzon Cinemas / Electric Cinemas / Everyman Cinemas / Genesis Cinema / JW3 / Kino Bermondsey / Olympic Cinema / Peckhamplex / Phoenix Cinema / Picturehouse Cinemas / Regent Street Cinema / Rich Mix / Rio Cinema / Riverside Studios
Also (26 NOV to 02 DEC various dates/times):
- 14 PEAKS: NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE d. Torquil Jones, 2021 at: Bertha DocHouse.
- BAD LUCK BANGING OR LOONY PORN d. Radu Jude, 2021 at: Barbican / The Castle Cinema / Curzon Cinemas / ICA / Rio Cinema.
- FALLEN ANGELS d. Wong Kar Wai, 1995 at: The Prince Charles.
- JFK REVISITED: THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS d. Oliver Stone, 2021 at: Bertha DocHouse.
- LAPWING d. Philip Stevens, 2020 at: Rio Cinema.
- PIRATES d. Reggie Yates, 2021 at: Catford Mews / Curzon Cinemas / Electric Cinemas / Everyman Cinemas / Genesis Cinema / Peckhamplex / Rich Mix.
- THE SUMMIT OF THE GODS d. Patrick Imbert, 2021 at: Curzon Cinemas.
- THE UNFORGIVABLE d. Nora Fingscheidt, 2021 at: Curzon Cinemas.
- Bohemia Media presents REBEL DYKES at The Apple Tree (03 JUL 2022)
- Queer Horror Nights presents THE PSYCHO SEQUELS at The Cinema Museum (24 JUL 2022)
- Create Hong Kong & Focus Hong Kong present Making Waves – Navigators of Hong Kong Cinema (08 to 10 JUL 2022)
- Crap Film Club presents TAMMY AND THE T-REX at The Old Queens Head (14 JUL 2022).
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.