WEDNESDAY 02 JUNE 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today including one-off events, limited runs, film clubs, repertory seasons, film festivals, outdoor events, & our selection of new releases.
- THE 8TH d. Aideen Kane, Lucy Kennedy & Maeve O’Boyle + Zoom Q&A with Maeve O’Boyle, campaigner Ailbhe Smyth, & self-described ‘glitter activist’ Andrea Horan at Genesis Cinema (02 JUN 18:20).
- 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU d. Gil Junger, 1999 at Backyard Cinema (02 JUN 20:00).
- A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE d. Elia Kazan, 1951 at The Prince Charles (02 JUN 20:30).
- BILLIE d. James Erskine, 2019 at Bertha DocHouse (02 JUN 17:30).
- BILLIE d. James Erskine, 2019 at BFI Southbank (02 JUN 18:00).
- BILLIE EILISH: THE WORLD’S A LITTLE BLURRY d. R.J. Cutler, 2021 at Archlight (02 JUN 19:30).
- COLLECTIVE d. Alexander Nanau, 2020 at Bertha DocHouse (02 JUN 20:00).
- GOODBYE, DRAGON INN aka Bú sàn d. Tsai Ming-liang, 2003 at BFI Southbank (02 JUN 20:50) – Today’s featured attraction!
- GRANADA NIGHTS d. Abid Khan, 2020 + Q&A with the filmmakers at Rich Mix (02 JUN 18:00) / Part of UK Asian Film Festival.
- THE HUMAN VOICE d. Pedro Almodóvar, 2020 + Recorded Q&A at Kino Digital Bermondsey (02 JUN 20:40).
- THE HUMAN VOICE d. Pedro Almodóvar, 2020 + Recorded Q&A at The Lexi Cinema (02 JUN 21:10).
- MCCABE & MRS MILLER 4K d. Robert Altman, 1971 at BFI Southbank (02 JUN 20:45).
- MEMORIES OF MURDER d. Bong Joon Ho, 2003 at The Prince Charles (02 JUN 12:15).
- MY DONKEY, MY LOVER & I aka Antoinette dans les Cévennes d. Caroline Vignal, 2020 at Ciné Lumière (02 JUN 20:35).
- PERSONA d. Ingmar Bergman, 1966 + Intro by Geoff Andrew, Programmer-at-Large at BFI Southbank (02 JUN 18:10).
- STOP MAKING SENSE d. Jonathan Demme, 1984 presented by Deeper Into Movies at POP Brixton (02 JUN 19:30).
- STRAY d. Elizabeth Lo, 2020 at Bertha DocHouse (02 JUN 15:00).
- TAMPOPO d. Jûzô Itami, 1985 at The Prince Charles (02 JUN 17:55).
- Solax, The House Built By Alice Guy Blaché presented by Kennington Bioscope FREE online (02 JUN 19:30 – FREE on YouTube).
- BILL & TED at Bar Elba (02 JUN 21:00).
- HONEST THIEF d. Mark Williams, 2020 at The Drive In at Troubadour Meridian Water (02 JUN 19:00).
- LOVE & BASKETBALL d. Gina Prince-Bythewood, 2000 at The Drive In at Troubadour Meridian Water (02 JUN 21:45).
- QUEEN & SLIM d. Melina Matsoukas, 2019 at Rooftop Film Club, Peckham (02 JUN 21:15).
- SAVE THE LAST DANCE d. Thomas Carter, 2001 at Rooftop Film Club, Stratford East (02 JUN 21:15).
- Chronic Youth Film Festival (01 APR to 03 JUN)
- Kinoteka: The 19th Polish Film Festival (06 MAY to 04 JUN 2021)
- UK Asian Film Festival (26 MAY to 06 JUN). READ MORE
BATTLE ROYALE aka Batoru rowaiaru d. Kinji Fukasaku, 2000 at The Prince Charles (daily to 03 JUN).
Featured Attraction Of The Week! FIRST COW d. Kelly Reichardt, 2019 (daily to 03 JUN, almost everywhere!)
- Also (other venues may be available!): THE 8TH d. Aideen Kane, Lucy Kennedy & Maeve O’Boyle, 2020 at The Castle Cinema (until 03 JUN // BANK JOB d. Daniel Edelstyn, Hilary Powell, 2021 at ArtHouse (until 03 JUN) // DEMON SLAYER: MUGEN TRAIN d. Haruo Sotozaki, 2020 at Genesis Cinema (until 03 JUN) // FRANKIE d. Ira Sachs, 2019 at Phoenix Cinema (until 03 JUN) // SISTERS WITH TRANSISTORS d. Lisa Rovner, 2020 at Catford Mews (until 03 JUN).
- Brixton Community Cinema presents THE LITTLE GIRL WHO SOLD THE SUN at Brixton Village (02 DEC 2022).
- Cinema of Ideas presents ‘Repetition as Differentiation via LATIFAH AND HIMLI’S NOMADIC UNCLE’ curated by Jemma Desai (online 05 to 20 DEC 2022)
- The Vito Project presents IMITATIONS OF LIFE at The Cinema Museum (18 SEP 2022 to 22 JAN 2023)
- The Social Cinema presents FRAMEBURN at Hackney Brewery & High Hill Taproom (08 SEP to 08 DEC 2022).
GET THESE LISTINGS EMAILED EVERY MORNING WITH A MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP AT PATREON: JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.