Drunken Scorpion goes south of the river with a new double bill of Kung Fu Cinema classics, video gaming, & 80s/90s hip hop at Whirled Cinema (13 MAY 20:00 to 02:00!).
Submitted by Drunken Scorpion
- THE HAND OF DEATH + DREADNAUGHT
- 13 MAY 2022 // 20:00 to 02:00 // Whirled Cinema // London SE24 0HN
- Tickets: £16.76 (inc fees) // BOOKING NOW!
Launching a new night of Kung Fu Cinema south of the river, Drunken Scorpion presents the return of Late Nite Kung-fu with a double bill of classics, video gaming, & 80s/90s hip hop at the Whirled Cinema.
THE HAND OF DEATH d. John Woo, 1976
- A young Shaolin monk must train to defeat a dangerous Manchu warlord (James Tien) who is intent on wiping out the Shaolin once and for all. Featuring early performances from Jackie Chan and Sammo Hung (both also handled the film’s stunts, along with third “brother” Yuen Biao), THE HAND OF DEATH is an exquisitely stylish example of old school kung fu filmmaking.
DREADNAUGHT d. Yuen Woo-ping, 1971
- A violent criminal known only as ‘White Tiger’ (Yuen Shun-yee; Iron Monkey) is hiding amongst a theatre troupe, murdering anyone who discovers his identity (as well as anyone who happens to annoy him). Mousy, a timid laundry man (Yuen Biao; Project A), crosses paths with White Tiger several times but always manages to escape. When the killer instead targets his friend (Bryan “Beardy” Leung; Warriors Two), Mousy must overcome his cowardly nature and acquire the skills necessary to defeat the White Tiger.
Drunken Scorpion presents THE HAND OF DEATH + DREADNAUGHT at Whirled Cinema (13 MAY 20:00+), booking now!
ALSO BOOKING NOW!
DISCOVER MORE FILM // SUPPORT INDIE CINEMA
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.