Peckham & Nunhead Free Film Festival returns with an exciting mix of free screening events (08 to 18 SEP 2022)
Lucky 13th! The 2022 Peckham & Nunhead Free Film Festival is back from 8 to 18 September offering a packed line up of free screenings in a variety of indoor and outdoor venues across SE15.
Submitted by Peckham & Nunhead Free Film Festival
- Peckham & Nunhead Free Film Festival
- 08 to 18 SEP 2022 // Various venues // London SE15
- Tickets: £FREE // No booking required!
This year’s festival opens with a brilliant double-bill at The Ivy House of George Miller’s Mad Max 2 aka The Road Warrior and Adrian Bennett’s documentary Archaeologist of the Wasteland about the filmmaker’s life-changing quest to discover whether cars from the movie were really buried underground after filming (08 SEP). The festival closes ten days later with a pair of family screenings: A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Farmageddon and Jumanji (18 SEP).
Festival joint co-ordinator Ann Lazim had this to say about the programme:
“At a time when a lot of people are struggling financially, film festivals like ours are more important than ever. They provide free entertainment that appeals to a wide variety of people. Not only do our screenings bring community groups together, they’re also great fun. That’s why our local volunteers love getting involved.”
Fellow co-ordinator Neal Browne celebrated the dedicated volunteers who make everything possible:
“We’re thrilled to be back and welcoming new volunteers for our 13th year. We’re also very proud to have kept the Peckham & Nunhead Festival running continuously through the toughest pandemic years, even if that meant going mainly online in 2020. But nothing beats bringing everyone together in real life to share the film watching experience.”
- Pedal-powered outdoor screening of Bend It Like Beckham on Peckham Rye (09 SEP)
- Premiere of Peckham film Change of Thought at PeckhamPlex cinema (10 SEP)
- Bill Douglas film trilogy at the Nunhead Salvation Army Hall (11 SEP)
- Screening of the multi-award-winning The Clean Bin Project at Veolia, Southwark Integrated Waste Management Facility (14 SEP)
- Horror movie The Descent at Safehouse 1 (15 SEP)
- Special screening to launch Blasianing, about two Peckham residents, at the Prince of Peckham (15 SEP)
- Queer Film Night at The Old Nuns Head featuring The Watermelon Woman and short film This is Katharine (16 SEP)
- Pedal-powered outdoor screening of Francis Ford Coppola’s Bram Stoker’s Dracula in Nunhead Cemetery (17 SEP)
Screenings will also take place at The Ivy House, The Waverley Arms, Peckham Palms, Rye Books, Mountview Academy, Glengall Wharf Garden and Peckham Pelican.
- Find the festival on Facebook, and follow on Twitter @freefilmfest and Instagram @_pnfff for up-to-the-minute news as the festival approaches.
- Peckham and Nunhead Free Film Festival is organised and run entirely by volunteers. All events are free, but contributions are appreciated to help cover essential costs such as film licences, equipment maintenance and providing facilities in outdoor venues.
- Part of Free Film Festivals, a network of volunteer-powered neighbourhood free film festivals.
Peckham & Nunhead Free Film Festival returns with an exciting mix of free screening events (08 to 18 SEP 2022).
ALSO BOOKING NOW!
Pushkin House presents WITNESSING HISTORY: FILMS BY SERGEI LOZNITSA at venues across London (02 to 10 JUN 2023)
Exploding Cinema presents a night of short films at The Cinema Museum (10 JUN 2023).
Saraband presents Queer Reflections on Horror + JENNIFER’S BODY at Rio Cinema (08 JUN 2023).
Tibet Film Festival presents BALLOON in honour of Pema Tseden at Genesis Cinema (19 JUN 2023)
TRANS-X-PLOITATION continues with SHE MAN: A STORY OF FIXATION at The Prince Charles Cinema (20 JUN 2023).
Sonic Cinema presents ANSWERING THE SUN + Q&A with Rainer Kohlberger at ICA (24 JUN 2023)
Token Homo’s BAR TRASH presents MONSTER MAYHEM! at Genesis Cinema & Rule Zero (31 MAY to 23 AUG 2023).
Ciné-Real 16mm Film Club presents a spectacular series of 16mm screenings at The Castle Cinema (booking to 28 MAY 2023)
DISCOVER MORE FILM // SUPPORT INDIE CINEMA
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.