MONDAY 13 JUNE 2022 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today across DIY, indie & alternative cinema including one-off screen events, film seasons, film festivals & our selection of new releases.
EARWIG d. Lucile Hadžihalilović, 2021 + Q&A with the director at BFI Southbank (13 JUN 20:40).
“In her films INNOCENCE and EVOLUTION, Lucile Hadžihalilović proved herself one of cinema’s foremost explorers of the hallucinatory. Her first film in English confirms her visionary status. Based on the novel by Brian Catling, EARWIG tells the story of Albert, a man employed as guardian to Mia, a young girl kept in a desolate old house. His job includes tending to her dental prosthetic which is made of ice. Eventually, he learns that Mia must soon leave but an encounter in a bar – first sinister, then violent – may change everything.” (BFI)
- ALL MY FRIENDS HATE ME d. Andrew Gaynord, 2021 + Q&A with Tom Palmer & Tom Stourton at The Garden Cinema (13 JUN 20:15).
- THE CAMERA IS OURS d. various at Kino Bermondsey (13 JUN 20:00).
- CYRANO d. Joe Wright, 2021 at Whirled Cinema (13 JUN 20:00).
- EARWIG d. Lucile Hadžihalilović, 2021 + Q&A with the director at BFI Southbank (13 JUN 20:40).
- STALKER d. Andrei Tarkovsky, 1979 presented by Deeper Into Movies at Farr’s Dalston (13 JUN 19:30).
- Gaspar Noé presents: SUNSET BOULEVARD d. Billy Wilder, 1950 at Picturehouse Cinemas (13 JUN various).
- Mark Kermode Live in 3D at the BFI at BFI Southbank (13 JUN 18:30).
- New Writings: The Watergate Burglars by Shane O’Sullivan at BFI Southbank (13 JUN 18:30).
Check venues for full listings…
ANDREI TARKOVSKY at The Prince Charles
- SOLARIS d. Andrei Tarkovsky, 1972 (13 JUN 20:20).
BIG SCREEN CLASSICS: AFTER BRESSON… at BFI Southbank
- THE GOALKEEPER’S FEAR OF THE PENALTY aka Die Angst des Tormanns beim Elfmeter d. Wim Wenders, 1972 (13 JUN 18:10).
CELEBRATING ANNA MAGNANI at The Garden Cinema
- THE FUGITIVE KIND d. Sidney Lumet, 1960 (13 JUN 20:00).
THE FILMS OF TERRENCE MALICK at The Prince Charles
- DAYS OF HEAVEN d. Terrence Malick, 1978 (13 JUN 15:40).
LONG-ASS MOVIES at The Prince Charles
- SOLARIS d. Andrei Tarkovsky, 1972 (13 JUN 20:20 – 165mins).
LOUD AND QUEER at Genesis Cinema
- ORLANDO 35mm d. Sally Potter, 1992 (13 JUN 18:30).
OF SIN & SALVATION: THE CINEMA OF ROBERT BRESSON at BFI Southbank
- LES DAMES DU BOIS DE BOULOGNE d. Robert Bresson, 1945 (13 JUN 20:40).
WORLD CINEMA E-PASSPORT at Everyman Belsize Park
- ALL ABOUT MY MOTHER d. Pedro Almodóvar, 1999 (13 JUN 20:30).
- Barnes Film Festival (16 to 22 JUN).
- Odyssey: A Chinese Cinema Season (10 MAY to 10 JUNE).
- Riverside Pride Film Festival (10 to 15 JUN).
- Sundance Film Festival: London (09 to 12 JUN).
- The Wave: Italian Women Filmmakers (15 to 19 JUN – Featured attraction of the month!).
ROOFTOP FILM CLUB at Bussey Building, Peckham
- THE LOST CITY (13 JUN 21:15).
- Also 10 to 16 JUN (various dates/times): IN BALANCHINE’S CLASSROOM d. Connie Hochman, 2021 at: Bertha DocHouse // JACK’S RIDE aka No táxi do Jack d. Susana Nobre, 2021 at: ICA // LEAVE NO TRACES aka Zeby nie bylo sladów d. Jan P. Matuszynski, 2021 at: Ciné Lumière / Curzon Cinemas / ICA / Watermans // SWAN SONG d. Todd Stephens, 2021 at: Barbican / BFI / Curzon Cinemas / Picturehouse Cinemas / Rio Cinema / Riverside Studios.
- Bohemia Media presents REBEL DYKES at The Apple Tree (03 JUL 2022)
- Queer Horror Nights presents THE PSYCHO SEQUELS at The Cinema Museum (24 JUL 2022)
- Create Hong Kong & Focus Hong Kong present Making Waves – Navigators of Hong Kong Cinema (08 to 10 JUL 2022)
- Crap Film Club presents TAMMY AND THE T-REX at The Old Queens Head (14 JUL 2022).
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.