MONDAY 19 SEPTEMBER 2022 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today across DIY, indie & alternative cinema including one-off screen events, film seasons, film festivals & our selection of new releases.
AIRPLANE! d. Jim Abrahams, David Zucker & Jerry Zucker, 1980 at The Prince Charles (19 SEP 18:15 – £1 Members’ Film).
“This spoof comedy takes shots at the slew of disaster movies that were released in the 70s. When the passengers and crew of a jet are incapacitated due to food poisoning, a rogue pilot with a drinking problem must cooperate with his ex-girlfriend turned stewardess to bring the plane to a safe landing.” (The PCC)
CHECK VENUES FOR OPENING TIMES TODAY
- AIRPLANE! d. Jim Abrahams, David Zucker & Jerry Zucker, 1980 at The Prince Charles (19 SEP 18:15 – £1 Members’ Film).
- ALL MY FRIENDS HATE ME d. Andrew Gaynord, 2021 at Whirled Cinema (19 SEP 20:00 / 20 SEP 20:00 / 21 SEP 20:00 / 25 SEP 17:00).
- JESUS’ SON d. Alison Maclean, 1999 presented by Deeper Into Movies at Farr’s Dalston (19 SEP 19:30).
- Grenfell Fundraiser: PUSH d. Fredrik Gertten, 2019 + Recorded Intro/Q&A with Grenfell Tower survivor, Nicholas Burton, hosted by Lexi Docs Programmer Carin von Drehle at The Lexi Cinema (19 SEP 18:30).
Check venues for full listings…
ANNIVERSARY SEASON at Everyman Belsize Park
- 12 ANGRY MEN d. Sidney Lumet, 1957 (19 SEP 20:30).
KINO DREAMS: THE REVERIES OF WIM WENDERS at The Prince Charles
- KINGS OF THE ROAD aka Im Lauf der Zeit d. Wim Wenders, 1976 (19 SEP 20:10 – 4K).
- Alyssa Film Festival (16 to 24 SEP).
- Everyman Music Film Festival (01 to 30 SEP).
- Fringe! Queer Film & Arts Fest (20 to 25 SEP).
- London Spanish Film Festival (22 to 29 SEP).
- Peckham & Nunhead Free Film Festival (08 to 18 SEP).
- Portobello Film Festival (01 to 18 SEP).
- S.O.U.L. Fest x ABFF Global (16 to 18 SEP).
- Ukraine Defiant: Ukrainian Film Festival (22 to 25 SEP).
ATHENA dir. Romain Gavras, 2022:
- Exclusively at: Rio Cinema
HALLELUJAH: LEONARD COHEN, A JOURNEY, A SONG dir. Daniel Geller & Dayna Goldfine, 2021:
- Also 15 to 22 SEP (various dates/times): A JAZZMAN’S BLUES d. Tyler Perry, 2022 at: Curzon Cinemas // BLOODY ORANGES d. Jean-Christophe Meurisse, 2021 at: ICA // CLERKS III d. Kevin Smith, 2022 at: Catford Mews / Everyman Cinemas / Genesis Cinema / Picturehouse Cinemas / The Prince Charles // I AM A TOWN d. Mischa Richter, 2020 at: ICA // JACKIE BROWN d. Quentin Tarantino, 1997 at: BFI / Chiswick Cinema / Picturehouse Cinemas / Riverside Studios // JAWS 3D d. Steven Spielberg, 1975 at: Everyman Cinemas / Picturehouse Cinemas // STRAWBERRY MANSION d. Kentucker Audley & Albert Birney, 2021 at: Curzon Cinemas / ICA // TICKET TO PARADISE d. Ol Parker, 2022 at (from 20 SEP): Catford Mews / Chiswick Cinema / The Cinema in the Arches / Electric Cinemas / Everyman Cinemas / Kino Bermondsey / Olympic Studios / Peckhamplex / Picturehouse Cinemas.
- Sine Screen presents Vulnerable Histories at Close-Up & The Garden Cinema (19 to 26 AUG 2023)
- Lost Reels presents 16mm & 35mm screenings at The Cinema Museum & ICA (19 & 31 AUG 2023)
- The Duke Mitchell Film Club presents DukeFest 2023: A Brave New World (13 to 16 AUG 2023)
- Cinema Mentiré launches with OLHAR PERIFERICO season (AUG 2023)
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.