Our RADIANT CIRCUS guide to what’s on in London this week across DIY, indie & alternative cinema, including one-off screen events, film seasons, film festivals & new releases.
Welcome to another screen week and my first Screen Guide of 2023 (although I hope you’ve already discovered my epic roundup of the month’s rep seasons)!
It’s great to see so many film clubs projecting their love back onto our screens at the start of the year. The wonderful Ciné-Real 16mm Film Club gets started with two screenings of A MATTER OF LIFE & DEATH from 16mm at The Castle Cinema (08 & 12 JAN). Umit and Liam have also announced a series of events for 2023, so get clicking as their shows pretty much always sell out (now booking through to 26 MAR). Bounce Cinema are also back on Sunday with their popular programme (but their ‘luxury screening’ of KING RICHARD looks pretty much sold out at the time of posting…).
On Monday, Herb Shellenberger presents nearly five hours of Jonas Mekas’ AS I WAS MOVING AHEAD OCCASIONALLY I SAW BRIEF GLIMPSES OF BEAUTY at The Prince Charles. For a study in contrasts, Deeper Into Movies screens Zach Cregger’s BARBARIAN at Farr’s Dalston, whilst Transmissions presents JUNO at Dalston Superstore on the same day (all 09 JAN).
Tuesday sees several of London’s most reliable film clubs leap into action. Head to: Richmond Film Society for EVERYTHING WENT FINE, Tufnell Park Film Club for MYSTERY TRAIN, Wimbledon Film Club for OFFICIAL COMPETITION, and Sands Films Cine Club for GERMINAL (all 10 JAN). You can then wrap your week with a choice of either a free screening of BARBARELLA from Ms Fontaine’s Film Club at Fontaine’s in Dalston, or Jellied Reels’ first screening of the year, ROMY & MICHELE’S HIGH SCHOOL REUNION at The Castle Cinema (both 12 JAN).
In seasons, major new openings include a complete AKIRA KUROSAWA retrospective (featuring lots from 35mm) and the SIGHT & SOUND GREATEST FILMS OF ALL TIME 2022 at BFI Southbank (and a little later in the month at BFI IMAX). Elsewhere, there’s another strong showing from students on the NFTS curating MA, including Chris Cassingham’s BEYOND INTERPRETATION at ICA, and Heeyeon Park’s ‘I PURPLE U’ at The Prince Charles.
JOHN SMITH: INTROSPECTIVE (1972–2022) – previously at ICA and Close-Up – was such a success in 2022 that two sold out programmes from ICA will be re-screened at Close-Up this month. And if that’s not enough for you, CELEBRATING JACK NICHOLSON opens at The Garden Cinema (there’s a season intro, party and screening of ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO’S NEST on 06 JAN if you’re a member…). I’ve chosen MARK JENKIN’S THE CINEMATIC DNA OF ENYS MEN at BFI Southbank as my Featured Attraction of the Month.
This week’s new releases include Carla Simón’s ALCARRÀS, François Ozon’s PETER VON KANT, Carlota Martínez-Pereda’s PIGGY, and Chinonye Chukwu’s TILL. The re-release of Akira Kurosawa’s RASHOMON screens at several venues across town and Sam Mendes’ love letter to cinema, EMPIRE OF LIGHT, gets a wide release from Monday (including some 35mm). The Prince Charles starts a long engagement with GLASS ONION from 35mm. Head to the GRIND SHOW section for all the details.
Getting back to film clubs, I’ve chosen Kennington Bioscope’s screening of Fritz Lang’s sublime SIEGFRIED from 16mm at The Cinema Museum as my featured attraction of the week (11 JAN). It’s one of the greatest works of fantasy cinema and should make for a spell-binding event.
See you in the darkness, and stay safe.
Richard // RADIANT CIRCUS
SIEGFRIED 16mm d. Fritz Lang, 1924 + Short: SUNKISSED 35mm d. Julia Vogl + Live piano accompaniment by Costas Fotopoulos, presented by Kennington Bioscope at The Cinema Museum (11 JAN 19:30).
“Siegfried (1924). 16mm print, German with English titles. The film has been praised for Carl Hoffman and Gunter Rittau’s ground-breaking cinematography, Otto Hunte’s spectacular set designs, Paul Gerd Guderian’s extraordinary costumes and Lang’s exceptional sense of framing and composition. Die Nibelungen: Siegfried is part one of The Nibelungs’ Saga, part two being Kriemhild’s Revenge. The screenplays for both films were co-written by Lang’s then-wife Thea von Harbou, based upon the epic poem Nibelungenlied written around 1200 AD. Die Nibelungen received its UK premiere at the Royal Albert Hall in London, where it played for 40 performances between 29 April and 20 June 1924. As a curtain raiser, we are very pleased to welcome back the American social sculptor and silkscreen artist Julia Vogl, now living in South London with her latest multi-coloured silent film.” (Kennington Bioscope).
FRIDAY 06 JAN
- ALPHAVILLE d. Jean-Luc Godard, 1965 at Rio Cinema (06 JAN 18:30 / 07 JAN 18:15 / 08 JAN 13:30).
- A Sense of Place Film Screening with Helen Kirwan & Chris Plato at Bermondsey Project Space (06 JAN 19:00 – FREE).
SATURDAY 07 JAN
- THE ADAMS FAMILY d. Barry Sonnenfeld, 1991 at The Garden Cinema (07 JAN 11:00 – Pay What You Can).
- ALPHAVILLE d. Jean-Luc Godard, 1965 at Rio Cinema (07 JAN 18:15 / 08 JAN 13:30).
- ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT d. Edward Berger, 2022 + Q&A with the director, make-up & SFX designer Heike Merker; composer Volker Bertelmann; sound designer Frank Kruse, cinematographer James Friend & VFX supervisor Frank Petzold at Curzon Soho (07 JAN 17:30).
- THE DAY OF THE TREE Premiere + Q&A with Cast & Crew, climate workshops & an acoustic set from Dom Smyth at The Cinema Museum (07 JAN 15:00).
- THE DRIVER 4K d. Walter Hill, 1978 at ICA (07 JAN 12:10 / 08 JAN 12:10 / 11 JAN 14:00).
- LABYRINTH Movie Night & Bowie Disco! at The Clapham Grand (07 JAN 18:30).
- THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING [Extended Version] d. Peter Jackson, 2001 at The Prince Charles (07 JAN 11:30).
- African Odysseys: Hussein Shariffe: A Life Between Exile and Homecoming at BFI Southbank (07 JAN 12:00).
SUNDAY 08 JAN
- ALPHAVILLE d. Jean-Luc Godard, 1965 at Rio Cinema (08 JAN 13:30).
- A MATTER OF LIFE & DEATH 16mm d. Michael Powell & Emeric Pressburger, 1946 presented by Ciné-Real 16mm Film Club at The Castle Cinema (08 JAN 15:30 / 12 JAN 19:30).
- THE DRIVER 4K d. Walter Hill, 1978 at ICA (08 JAN 12:10 / 11 JAN 14:00).
- REBEL DYKES + SPACE DYKES & OTHER ADVENTURES ds. Harri Shanahan & Siân A. Williams, 2021 + Julian Konuk, 2022 at Avalon Cafe (08 JAN 17:00).
- KING RICHARD d. Reinaldo Marcus Green, 2021 presented by Bounce Cinema at The Hoxton (08 JAN 19:00).
- THE SEEDS OF VANDANA SHIVA d. Camilla Denton Becket & James Becket, 2022 + Q&A with Vandana Shiva at Picturehouse Finsbury Park (08 JAN 15:00).
MONDAY 09 JAN
- AS I WAS MOVING AHEAD OCCASIONALLY I SAW BRIEF GLIMPSES OF BEAUTY d. Jonas Mekas, 2000 + Intermission presented by Herb Shellenberger at The Prince Charles (09 JAN 17:45).
- BARBARIAN d. Zach Cregger, 2022 presented by Deeper Into Movies at Farr’s Dalston (09 JAN 19:30).
- JUNO d. Jason Reitman, 2007 + In conversation with Jem Nash, presented by Transmissions at Dalston Superstore (09 JAN 19:00).
- Monday Classic Matinée: SOUTH PACIFIC d. Joshua Logan, 1958 (09 JAN 13:00).
TUESDAY 10 JAN
- EVERYTHING WENT FINE d. François Ozon, 2021 presented by Richmond Film Society at The Exchange (10 JAN 20:00).
- GERMINAL d. Claude Berri, 1993 presented in-venue & online by Sands Films Cine Club at Sands Films Studios (10 JAN 19:30 – Donation requested!).
- MYSTERY TRAIN d. Jim Jarmusch, 1989 presented by Tufnell Park Film Club at The Lord Palmerston (10 JAN 20:00).
- OCCUPIED a BBC Eye Investigation at Frontline Club (10 JAN 19:00).
- OFFICIAL COMPETITION aka Competencia oficial d. Mariano Cohn & Gastón Duprat, 2021 presented by Wimbledon Film Club at Curzon Wimbledon (10 JAN 20:30).
- RETURN TO DUST d. Ruijun Li, 2022 at The David Lean (10 JAN 19:30).
- RRR d. S. S. Rajamouli, 2022 at The Prince Charles (10 JAN 19:45).
- Monsters In The Mouse House: Walt Disney Studios And The Horror Genre talk by Jay Bamber, presented by The Miskatonic Institute Of Horror Studies at The Horse Hospital (10 JAN 19:00).
WEDNESDAY 11 JAN
- THE DRIVER 4K d. Walter Hill, 1978 at ICA (11 JAN 14:00).
- SIEGFRIED 16mm d. Fritz Lang, 1924 + Short: SUNKISSED 35mm d. Julia Vogl + Live piano accompaniment by Costas Fotopoulos, presented by Kennington Bioscope at The Cinema Museum (11 JAN 19:30).
THURSDAY 12 JAN
- A MATTER OF LIFE & DEATH 16mm d. Michael Powell & Emeric Pressburger, 1946 presented by Ciné-Real 16mm Film Club at The Castle Cinema (12 JAN 19:30).
- BARBARELLA d. Roger Vadim, 1968 presented by Ms Fontaine’s Film Club at Fontaine’s (12 JAN 20:00 – FREE!).
- THE MENU d. Mark Mylod, 2022 at The David Lean (12 JAN 14:30 HOH & 19:30).
- MON ONCLE d. Jacques Tati, 1958 at The Garden Cinema (12 JAN 20:15).
- ROMY & MICHELE’S HIGH SCHOOL REUNION d. David Markin, 1997 presented by Jellied Reels at The Castle Cinema (12 JAN 18:45).
- TRIANGLE OF SADNESS d. Ruben Östlund, 2022 + Q&A with the director at Curzon Bloomsbury (12 JAN 18:45).
35MM PRESENTATIONS at The Prince Charles
- Includes (check venue for full listings): GLASS ONION: A KNIVES OUT MYSTERY 35mm d. Rian Johnson, 2022 (until 22 JAN); MULHOLLAND DR. 35mm d. David Lynch, 2001 (07 JAN 20:15); SPY KIDS 35mm d. Robert Rodriguez, 2001 (08 JAN 13:00); DEMOLITION MAN 35mm d. Marco Brambilla, 1993 (08 JAN 17:45); HARD TARGET 35mm d. John Woo, 1993 (09 JAN 18:00 – £1 Members Film); DECISION TO LEAVE 35mm aka Heojil Kyolshim d. Park Chan-wook, 2022 (10 JAN 12:00 / 11 JAN 20:45); KOYAANISQATSI: LIFE OUT OF BALANCE 35mm d. Godfrey Reggio, 1982 (10 JAN 17:40); GREMLINS 35mm d. Joe Dante, 1984 (12 JAN 13:00); GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH d. Joe Dante, 1990 (12 JAN 15:30).
70MM PRESENTATIONS at The Prince Charles
- Includes (check venue for full listings): INTERSTELLAR 70mm d. Christopher Nolan, 2014 (09 JAN 20:20).
IMAX PRESENTATIONS at BFI IMAX
- Includes (check venue for full listings): AVATAR 2: THE WAY OF WATER 3D d. James Cameron, 2022 (until 19 JAN).
AKIRA KUROSAWA at BFI Southbank & BFI IMAX
- Includes (check venue for full listings):
- Society: THE MOST BEAUTIFUL 35mm aka Ichiban Utsukushiku d. Akira Kurosawa, 1944 (09 JAN 18:15); SCANDAL 35mm aka Shûbun d. Akira Kurosawa, 1950 (10 JAN 17:45); NO REGRETS FOR OUR YOUTH 35mm aka Waga Seishun ni Kuinashi d. Akira Kurosawa, 1946 (10 JAN 20:40).
- Social Status: THE MEN WHO TREAD ON THE TIGER’S TALE 35mm aka ora no O Fumu Otokotachi d. Akira Kurosawa, 1945 (11 JAN 17:55); KAGEMUSHA d. Akira Kurosawa, 1980 (11 JAN 19:35).
- Re-release: RASHOMON d. Akira Kurosawa, 1950 (06 to 31 JAN).
ANNIVERSARY SCREENINGS at The Prince Charles (Not listed elsewhere!)
- Includes (check venue for full listings): DUCK SOUP d. Leo McCarey, 1933 (06 JAN 12:00 / 07 JAN 15:45 / 08 JAN 18:25 / 10 JAN 15:45 / 12 JAN 17:35); VERTIGO d. Alfred Hitchcock, 1958 (08 JAN 20:25 – 4K).
AU CONTRAIRE: JEAN-LUC GODARD at Close-Up
- Includes (check venue for full listings): ALPHAVILLE d. Jean-Luc Godard, 1965 (08 JAN 18:25).
BEST OF 2022 at Bertha DocHouse
- Includes (check venue for listings): THE VELVET QUEEN: SNOW LEOPARD d. Marie Amiguet & Vincent Munier, 2021 (06 JAN 14:00 / 08 JAN 18:00 / 10 JAN 20:30 / 11 JAN 14:00); TAMING THE GARDEN d. Salomé Jashi, 2021 (06 JAN 16:20 / 08 JAN 14:00 / 09 JAN 18:10 / 12 JAN 14:00); ASCENSION d. Jessica Kingdon, 2020 (06 JAN 20:20 / 07 JAN 13:20 / 10 JAN 16:10 / 11 JAN 18:10); MOONAGE DAYDREAM d. Brett Morgen, 2022 (07 JAN 17:30 / 08 JAN 20:00 / 09 JAN 13:30 / 12 JAN 20:00).
BEYOND INTERPRETATION at ICA
- Includes (check venue for listings): SLOW MACHINE d. Paul Felten & Joe DeNardo, 2020 UK Premiere + Intro by season curator Chris Cassingham & Q&A with the directors (12 JAN 18:30).
- Curated by Chris Cassingham in partnership with the NFTS.
CELEBRATING JACK NICHOLSON at The Garden Cinema
- Includes (check venue for full listings): THE WITCHES OF EASTWICK d. George Miller, 1987 (07 JAN 15:00 / 10 JAN 17:45); FIVE EASY PIECES d. Bob Rafelson, 1970 (07 JAN 18:00 / 11 JAN 20:00); ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO’S NEST d. Milos Forman, 1975 (08 JAN 19:00 / 11 JAN 15:00); THE PASSENGER d. Michelangelo Antonioni, 1975 (09 JAN 15:00).
CELLULOID SUNDAY at ICA
- Includes (check venue for listings): THE BLUE KITE 35mm d. Tian Zhuangzhuang, 1993 (08 JAN 18:15).
CINEMATIC JUKEBOX / CLASSIC FILM SEASON at The Prince Charles (not listed elsewhere!)
- Includes (check venue for full listings): EL TOPO d. Alejandro Jodorowsky, 1970 (09 JAN 12:50); THE HOLY MOUNTAIN d. Alejandro Jodorowsky, 1973 (10 JAN 13:00); McCABE & MRS MILLER d. Robert Altman, 1971 (11 JAN 20:30 – 4K).
DRUMROLL FOR FORTUITOUS HEROES at Ciné Lumière
- Includes (check venue for listings): BECASSINE THE WACKIEST NANNY EVER d. Philippe Vidal, 2001 (07 JAN 14:00); THE CHORUS aka Les Choristes d. Christophe Barratier, 2021 (08 JAN 12:35).
ESSENTIAL CINEMA at Close-Up Film Centre
- Includes (check venue for full listings): STALKER d. Andrei Tarkovsky, 1979 (07 JAN 17:15); BLUE VELVET d. David Lynch, 1986 (07 JAN 20:15).
THE FILMS OF DAVID LYNCH at The Prince Charles
- Includes (check venue for full listings): MULHOLLAND DR. 35mm d. David Lynch, 2001 (07 JAN 20:15).
FROM THE REQUEST BOARD at The Prince Charles
- Includes (check venue for full listings): DAS BOOT: DIRECTOR’S CUT d. Wolfgang Petersen, 1981 (06 JAN 13:50 / 12 JAN 19:30); SPY KIDS 35mm d. Robert Rodriguez, 2001 (08 JAN 13:00);
‘I PURPLE U’ at The Prince Charles
- Includes (check venue for full listings): YUNI d. Kamila Andini, 2021 (10 JAN 18:00).
- Curated by Heeyeon Park in partnership with NFTS.
JEAN-LUC GODARD: PERSPECTIVES at Ciné Lumière
- Includes (check venue for full listings): BREATHLESS aka A bout de souffle d. Jean-Luc Godard, 1959 (06 JAN 16:30 / 07 JAN 19:50 Intro/Q&A with writer Joanna Walsh / 08 JAN 11:45); LE MÉPRIS aka Contempt d. Jean-Luc Godard, 1963 (07 JAN 13:30); VIVRE SA VIEd. Jean-Luc Godard, 1962 (09 JAN 18:20 / 12 JAN 16:20); PIERROT LE FOU d. Jean-Luc Godard, 1965 (10 JAN 18:15).
JOHN SMITH: INTROSPECTIVE (1972–2022) 50 FILMS FROM 50 YEARS at Close-Up Film Centre
- Includes (check venue for full listings): Programme 4 (1985-92) + Q&A with John Smith (12 JAN 20:15).
MARK JENKIN’S THE CINEMATIC DNA OF ENYS MEN at BFI Southbank
- Includes (check venue for full listings): SYMPTOMS + STIGMA ds. José Ramón Larraz, 1974 + Lawrence Gordon Clark, 1977 (06 JAN 18:10); LOST HIGHWAY + JAUNT ds. David Lynch, 1997 + Andrew Kötting, 1995 (06 JAN 20:15); HAUNTERS OF THE DEEP + THE LIVING AND THE DEAD EP2 ds. Andrew Bogle, 1984 + Alice Troughton, 2016 (08 JAN 13:20); WALKABOUT d. Nicolas Roeg, 1971 (09 JAN 20:30); LONG WEEKEND + BETWEEN THE TIDES 35mm ds. Colin Eggleston, 1978 + Ralph Keene, 1959 (10 JAN 18:20); PENDA’S FEN + A WARNING TO THE CURIOUS ds. Alan Clarke, 1974 + Lawrence Gordon Clark, 1972 (11 JAN 17:50).
MOVIE MARATHONS at The Prince Charles
- Includes (check venue for listings): ALIEN [Theatrical Version] + ALIENS [Director’s Cut] ds. Ridley Scott, 1979 + James Cameron, 1986 (06 JAN 18:00); A KNIVES OUT DOUBLE FEATURE includes GLASS ONION from 35mm (12 JAN 18:00).
SCI-FI SELECTIONS at The Prince Charles
- Includes (check venue for full listings): ALIEN [Theatrical Cut] d. Ridley Scott, 1979 (11 JAN 12:00); ALIENS [Director’s Cut] d. James Cameron, 1986 (11 JAN 14:45).
SIGHT & SOUND GREATEST FILMS OF ALL TIME 2022 at BFI Southbank & BFI IMAX
- Includes (check venue for full listings): 95= GET OUT d. Jordan Peele, 2017 (06 JAN 17:50); 88= THE SHINING d. Stanley Kubrick, 1980 (06 JAN 20:10 – 35mm / 10 JAN 20:10); 75= SPIRITED AWAY aka Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi d. Hayao Miyazaki, 2001 (07 JAN 12:10); 95=TROPICAL MALADY 35mm aka Sud pralad d. Apichatpong Weerasethakul, 2004 (07 JAN 13:50 / 09 JAN 20:40); 84= HISTOIRE(S) DU CINÉMA d. Jean-Luc Godard, 1989-1999 Parts 1-8 + intervals (07 JAN 16:30); 95= ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST aka C’era una volta il Westd. Sergio Leone, 1968 (07 JAN 17:15); 84= BLUE VELVET d. David Lynch, 1986 (07 JAN 20:30); 78=SÁTÁNTANGÓ d. Béla Tarr, 1994 439min + intervals (08 JAN 11:15); 78= CELINE AND JULIE GO BOATING 35mm aka Céline et Julie vont en bateau: Phantom Ladies Over Paris d. Jacques Rivette, 1974 (08 JAN 14:45); 72= JOURNEY TO ITALY aka Viaggio in Italia d. Roberto Rossellini, 1954 (08 JAN 18:20); 90=PARASITE aka Gisaengchung d. Bong Joon Ho, 2019 (09 JAN 17:50); 67= THE GLEANERS AND I aka Les glaneurs et la glaneuse + LA JETÉE ds. Agnès Varda, 2000 + Chris Marker, 1962 (11 JAN 20:30); 78= A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH d. Michael Powell & Emeric Pressburger, 1946 (12 JAN 20:40); 88= CHUNGKING EXPRESS aka Chung Him sam lam d. Wong Kar-Wai, 1994 (12 JAN 20:45).
- Talks & Events: 95= BLACK GIRL aka La Noire de… d. Ousmane Sembène, 1966 + Intro (12 JAN 18:15).
STAFF PICKS at The Garden Cinema
- Includes (check venue for full listings): SWEET SMELL OF SUCCESS d. Alexander Mackendrick, 1957 (07 JAN 11:35); SECRETS & LIES d. Mike Leigh, 1996 (08 JAN 14:15); ALI: FEAR EATS THE SOUL d. Rainer Werner Fassbinder, 1974 (10 JAN 16:00).
STEVEN SPIELBERG FROM 35MM at Everyman Screen On The Green
- Includes (check venue for full listings): CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND 35mm d. Steven Spielberg, 1977 (07 JAN 22:30 / 11 JAN 10:30).
THROWBACK SEASON at Everyman Cinemas
- Includes (check venue for listings): FORREST GUMP d. Robert Zemeckis, 1994 (08 JAN various / 10 JAN various).
TRINTIGNANT: THE NON-CONFORMIST at Ciné Lumière
- Includes (check venue for listings): ET DIEU CRÉA LA FEMME aka And God Created Woman d. Roger Vadim, 1956 (08 JAN 14:00 / 11 JAN 18:30 + Intro by Professor Ginette Vincendeau).
THE WORLD OF WONG KAR WAI at The Prince Charles
- Includes (check venue for listings): IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE d. Wong Kar Wai, 2000 (06 JAN 21:00); AS TEARS GO BY d. Wong Kar Wai, 1988 (07 JAN 17:45 – 4K / 09 JAN 15:40 – 4K / 10 JAN 20:30 / 12 JAN 15:00 – 4K); CHUNGKING EXPRESS d. Wong Kar Wai, 1994 (11 JAN 18:15 – 4K).
WUXIA SELECTROSPECTIVE at The Prince Charles
- Includes (check venue for full listings): DRAGON INN d. King Hu, 1967 (08 JAN 15:10).
YASUJIRŌ OZU: NORIKO TRILOGY at Close-Up Film Centre
- Includes (check venue for full listings): EARLY SUMMER d. Yasujiro Ozu, 1951 (06 JAN 20:15); TOKYO STORY d. Yasujiro Ozu, 1953 (08 JAN 20:15).
- COMING SOON: London Short Film Festival (20 to 29 JAN).
EMPIRE OF LIGHT dir Sam Mendes, 2023
- Various venues, inc (from 09 JAN): ArtHouse Crouch End / The Castle Cinema / Catford Mews / Chiswick Cinema / The Cinema In The Power Station / Curzon Cinemas / Electric Cinemas / Everyman Cinemas / Genesis Cinema / Olympic Studios / Peckhamplex / Phoenix Cinema / Picturehouse Cinemas / Rich Mix / Rio Cinema / Riverside Studios
- From 35mm (various dates): BFI / Curzon Cinemas / Everyman Cinemas / Picturehouse Cinemas.
Also 06 to 12 JAN (various dates / times / venues):
- CROWS ARE WHITE d. Ahsen Nadeem, 2022 at: Bertha DocHouse.
- GLASS ONION: A KNIVES OUT MYSTERY 35mm d. Rian Johnson, 2022 at: The Prince Charles.
- HONG KONG FAMILY d. TSANG Hing Weng, 2022 at: Picturehouse Cinemas / The Prince Charles.
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.