SUNDAY 10 OCTOBER 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today including one-off events, limited runs, film clubs, repertory seasons, film festivals, outdoor events, & our selection of new releases.
THE CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI d. Robert Wiene, 1920 + Live electronic soundtrack by Sam Enthoven & Arkadiusz Potyka at ArtHouse Crouch End (10 OCT 17:00).
- “One of the most iconic masterpieces in cinema history, Robert Wiene’s Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari shook filmgoers worldwide and changed the direction of the art form. Now presented in a definitive restoration, the film’s chilling, radically expressionist vision is set to grip viewers again.
- Sam Enthoven and Arkadiusz Potyka bring electronic sound to silent cinema. Ark plays bass and other noise machines; Sam plays found sounds and a unique Russian instrument from the dawn of electronic music – the theremin. From minimal elements (and no laptops) they conjure up a richly atmospheric soundworld, helping audiences find new life and meaning in some of the world’s finest old films.”
- THE CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI d. Robert Wiene, 1920 + Live electronic soundtrack by Sam Enthoven & Arkadiusz Potyka at ArtHouse Crouch End (10 OCT 17:00).
- DUNE d. David Lynch, 1984 at Riverside Studios (10 OCT 14:00).
- FROM DUSK TILL DAWN 35mm d. Robert Rodriguez, 1996 at The Prince Charles (10 OCT 20:30).
- GIRLHOOD d. Céline Sciamma, 2015 at Whirled Cinema (10 OCT 17:00).
- LES DIABOLIQUES d. Henri-Georges Clouzot, 1955 at Ciné Lumière (10 OCT 14:15).
- MOGUL MOWGLI d. Bassam Tariq, 2020 presented by Deeper Into Movies at Paradise By Way Of Kensal Green (10 OCT 19:30).
- PRESSURE d. Horace Ové, 1976 at Genesis Cinema (10 OCT 20:30).
- REPULSION d. Roman Polanski, 1965 at Close-Up (10 OCT 20:15).
- RETURN TO OZ d. Walter Murch, 1985 at The Prince Charles (10 OCT 12:15).
- Banff Mountain Film Festival – London (11 to 19 OCT).
- BFI London Film Festival (06 to 17 OCT).
- Native Spirit Festival (12 OCT to 20 NOV).
- Wimbledon International Short Film Festival (09 OCT).
FEVER DREAM d. Claudia Llosa, 2021.
- Venues inc: Curzon Cinemas.
NO PLACE LIKE HOME d. Perry Henzell, 1975.
- Venues inc: Catford Mews.
PIER KIDS d. Elegance Bratton, 2019.
- Venues inc: ICA
- Also (08 to 14 OCT various dates/times): CONVERGENCE: COURAGE IN A CRISIS d. Orlando von Einsiedel, 2021 at: Bertha DocHouse // FATHER OF THE CYBORGS d. David Burke, 2021 at: Bertha DocHouse // FREAKSCENE : THE STORY OF DINOSAUR JR. d. Philipp Reichenheim, 2021 at: Picturehouse Cinemas / The Prince Charles Cinema // HONEY CIGAR d. Kamir Aïnouz, 2020 at: ICA // I AM NOT YOUR NEGRO d. Raoul Peck, 2016 at: Catford Mews // MY LITTLE SISTER aka Schwesterlein d. Stéphanie Chuat & Véronique Reymond at: ArtHouse Crouch End / Curzon Cinemas // THE VIEWING BOOTH d. Ra’anan Alexandrowicz, 2019 at: ICA.
- Lost Vampires presents the UK premiere of HABIT + Q&A with Larry Fessenden at ICA (20 OCT 2022)
- Fragments Festival returns to Genesis Cinema (29 SEP to 02 OCT 2022)
- The Vito Project presents IMITATIONS OF LIFE at The Cinema Museum (18 SEP 2022 to 22 JAN 2023)
- Crap Film Club presents ONE MAN FORCE at The Old Queens Head (03 OCT 2022)
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.