SUNDAY 30 MAY 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today including one-off events, limited runs, film clubs, repertory seasons, film festivals, outdoor events, & our selection of new releases.
- 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY 70MM ‘unrestored version’ at The Prince Charles (30 MAY 14:30).
- A QUIET PLACE PART I & II d. John Krasinski, 2018 & 2020 at: Catford Mews (30 MAY 17:45) / Electric Cinema White City (30 MAY 18:00) / Everyman Cinemas (30 MAY various venues) / Genesis Cinema (30 MAY 19:00) / Kino Digital Bermondsey (30 MAY 17:45) / Picturehouse Cinemas (30 MAY various venues) / Riverside Studios (30 MAY 18:30).
- BEAU TRAVAIL d. Claire Denis, 1999 + Pre-recorded intro by director Kirsten Johnson at BFI Southbank (30 MAY 18:20).
- BILLIE d. James Erskine, 2019 at Bertha DocHouse (30 MAY 17:30).
- BILLIE EILISH: THE WORLD’S A LITTLE BLURRY d. R.J. Cutler, 2021 at Everyman Cinemas (30 MAY various venues).
- BREWSTER MCCLOUD 35MM d. Robert Altman, 1970 at BFI Southbank (30 MAY 19:00) – Today’s featured attraction!
- BROADCAST NEWS d. James L Brooks, 1987 + Intro by director Sarah Smith at BFI Southbank (30 MAY 15:40).
- CITIZEN KANE 35MM d. Orson Welles, 1941 at BFI Southbank(30 MAY 12:40).
- CLÉO DE 5 À 7 aka Cleo from 5 to 7 d. Agnès Varda, 1961 at Ciné Lumière (30 MAY 14:00).
- DR STRANGELOVE 16MM d. Stanley Kubrick, 1964 presented by Ciné-Real Film Club at The Castle Cinema (30 MAY 13:30).
- FINDING NEMO d. Andrew Stanton & Lee Unkrich, 2003 at Backyard Cinema (30 MAY 12:00).
- FIRE OF TEAK, FLAME OF CHINAR d. Kumar Chowdhury, 2020 at Rich Mix (30 MAY 19:00) / Part of UK Asian Film Festival.
- THE HUMAN VOICE d. Pedro Almodóvar, 2020 + Recorded Q&A at The Lexi Cinema (30 MAY 14:45).
- JUDAS & THE BLACK MESSIAH d. Shaka King, 2021 at Backyard Cinema (30 MAY 20:00).
- KANYA d. Apoorva Satish, 2019 & PERIOD d. Rema Chandran, 2020 + Q&A with Rema Chandran at Rich Mix (30 MAY 16:45) / Part of UK Asian Film Festival.
- LA LA LAND d. Damien Chazelle, 2016 at Backyard Cinema (30 MAY 20:30).
- THE LITTLE MERMAID d. Ron Clements & John Musker, 1989 at Backyard Cinema (30 MAY 12:30).
- LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS d. Frank Oz, 1986 at Backyard Cinema (30 MAY 16:30).
- MY MEXICAN BRETZEL d. Nuria Giménez, 2019 at Ciné Lumière (30 MAY 18:10) / Part of Spanish Film Festival Spring Weekend.
- NAUSICAA OF THE VALLEY OF THE WIND d. Hayao Miyazaki, 1984 at The Prince Charles (30 MAY 11:50 – SUB) – Today’s featured attraction!
- THE PRINCESS BRIDE d. Rob Reiner, 1987 at Backyard Cinema (30 MAY 16:00).
- SOUND OF METAL d. Darius Marder, 2019 presented by Deeper Into Movies at Oslo, London (30 MAY 15:00).
- SPARKLE d. Salim Akil, 2012 at BFI Southbank (30 MAY 18:40).
- SURGE d. Aneil Karia, 2020 presented by Deeper Into Movies at Oslo, London (30 MAY 19:30).
- THAT WAS LIFE d. David Martín de los Santos, 2020 at Ciné Lumière (30 MAY 19:55) / Part of Spanish Film Festival Spring Weekend.
- UNDERGODS d. Chino Moya, 2021 + Q&A with the director at Electric Cinema White City (30 MAY 13:00).
- VERTIGO d. Alfred Hitchcock, 1958 at The Prince Charles (30 MAY 18:10).
- LA COMMUNE (PARIS, 1871) d. Peter Watkins, 2000 presented by Alt/Kino online (28 to 30 MAY – FREE using code MAY1871).
- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST d. Gary Trousdale & Kirk Wise, 1991 at Drive In Film Club at Alexandra Palace (30 MAY 14:00).
- CRUEL INTENTIONS d. Roger Kumble, 1999 at Drive In Film Club at Alexandra Palace (30 MAY 20:30).
- FORREST GUMP d. Robert Zemeckis, 1994 at Drive In Film Club at Alexandra Palace (30 MAY 17:00).
- GODZILLA VS KONG d. Adam Wingard, 2021 at The Drive In at Troubadour Meridian Water (30 MAY 15:00).
- JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH d. Shaka King, 2021 at The Drive In at Troubadour Meridian Water (30 MAY 18:00).
- JURASSIC PARK d. Steven Spielberg, 1993 at Drive In Film Club at Brent Cross (30 MAY 20:00).
- THE LION KING d. Roger Allers & Rob Minkoff, 1994 at Drive In Film Club at Brent Cross (30 MAY 14:00).
- MAMA MIA! d. Phyllida Lloyd, 2008 at Rooftop Cinema at Bar Elba SE1 (30 MAY 21:00).
- MOULIN ROUGE! d. Baz Luhrmann, 2001 at Rooftop Film Club, Stratford East (30 MAY 21:00).
- THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION d. Frank Darabont, 1994 at Drive In Film Club at Brent Cross (30 MAY 16:30).
- SPIRITED AWAY d. Hayao Miyazaki, 2001 at Rooftop Film Club, Peckham (30 MAY 21:00).
- Chronic Youth Film Festival (01 APR to 03 JUN)
- Kinoteka: The 19th Polish Film Festival (06 MAY to 04 JUN 2021)
- Spanish Spring Weekend from the London Spanish Film Festival (28 to 30 MAY)
- UK Asian Film Festival (26 MAY to 06 JUN). READ MORE
BATTLE ROYALE aka Batoru rowaiaru d. Kinji Fukasaku, 2000 at The Prince Charles (daily to 03 JUN).
Featured Attraction Of The Week! FIRST COW d. Kelly Reichardt, 2019 (daily to 03 JUN, almost everywhere!)
- Also (other venues may be available!): THE 8TH d. Aideen Kane, Lucy Kennedy & Maeve O’Boyle, 2020 at The Castle Cinema (until 03 JUN // BANK JOB d. Daniel Edelstyn, Hilary Powell, 2021 at ArtHouse (until 03 JUN) // DEMON SLAYER: MUGEN TRAIN d. Haruo Sotozaki, 2020 at Genesis Cinema (until 03 JUN) // FRANKIE d. Ira Sachs, 2019 at Phoenix Cinema (until 03 JUN) // SISTERS WITH TRANSISTORS d. Lisa Rovner, 2020 at Catford Mews (until 03 JUN).
GET THESE LISTINGS EMAILED EVERY MORNING WITH A MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP AT PATREON: JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. Event dates/times are subject to change by the venue/organiser. We try to only list events you can book for at the time of posting: however, some events may still be sold out. Please click quickly! // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // We try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.