THURSDAY 03 JUNE 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today including one-off events, limited runs, film clubs, repertory seasons, film festivals, outdoor events, & our selection of new releases.
- A FISTFUL OF DOLLARS 35MM aka Per un pugno di dollari d. Sergio Leone, 1964 at The Prince Charles (03 JUN 18:15).
- A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE d. Elia Kazan, 1951 at The Prince Charles (03 JUN 15:30).
- BANK JOB d. Dan Edelstyn & Hilary Powell, 2021 at Bertha DocHouse (03 JUN 20:00).
- COLLECTIVE d. Alexander Nanau, 2020 at Bertha DocHouse (03 JUN 15:00).
- COME BACK TO THE 5 & DIME, JIMMY DEAN, JIMMY DEAN 35MM d. Robert Altman, 1982 at BFI Southbank (03 JUN 17:50).
- DÉSOBÉISSANT.E.S ! d. Adèle Flaux & Alizée Chiappini, 2020 at Ciné Lumière (03 JUN 18:30).
- THE FALSE EYE d. Rahul Riji Nair, 2020 at Genesis Cinema (03 JUN 18:00) / Part of UK Asian Film Festival.
- THE GREATEST SHOWMAN d. Michael Gracey, 2017 at Backyard Cinema (03 JUN 16:00).
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY d. James Gunn, 2014 at Backyard Cinema (03 JUN 15:30).
- HEDWIG & THE ANGRY INCH d. John Cameron Mitchell, 2001 at Backyard Cinema (03 JUN 20:00).
- THE HUMAN VOICE d. Pedro Almodóvar, 2020 + Recorded Q&A at ArtHouse Crouch End (03 JUN 14:30).
- KHAPE d. Suchita Bhhatia, 2020 + Recorded Q&A at Watermans (03 JUN 19:00) / Part of UK Asian Film Festival.
- LISBON BEAT d. Rita Maia & Vasco Viana, 2019 + Intro by co-director Rita Maia at Barbican (03 JUN 20:45) / Part of Chronic Youth 2021 – Today’s featured attraction!
- MY DONKEY, MY LOVER & I aka Antoinette dans les Cévennes d. Caroline Vignal, 2020 at Ciné Lumière (03 JUN 20:35).
- MOONLIGHT d. Barry Jenkins, 2016 at Backyard Cinema (03 JUN 20:30).
- THE SHOUT d. Jerzy Skolimowski, 1978 + Pre-recorded Intro by director Mark Jenkin at BFI Southbank (03 JUN 18:00).
- STEAMBOAT BILL, JR. 4K d. Charles F Reisner & Buster Keaton, 1928 + Live piano accompaniment by Stephen Horne at BFI Southbank (03 JUN 14:30).
- STRAY d. Elizabeth Lo, 2020 at Bertha DocHouse (03 JUN 18:00).
- THIEVES LIKE US d. Robert Altman, 1974 at BFI Southbank (03 JUN 20:40).
- THE WONDERS aka Le meraviglie d. Alice Rohrwacher, 2014 + Pre-recorded intro by director Mark Cousins at BFI Southbank (03 JUN 20:30).
- AMERICAN PSYCHO d. Mary Harron, 2000 at Bar Elba (03 JUN 21:00).
- BAD BOYS FOR LIFE d. Adil & Bilall, 2020 at The Drive In at Troubadour Meridian Water (03 JUN 21:50).
- THE BIG LEBOWSKI d. Joel Coen, Ethan Coen, 1998 at Rooftop Film Club, Stratford East (03 JUN 21:15).
- TOY STORY 4 d. Josh Cooley, 2019 at The Drive In at Troubadour Meridian Water (03 JUN 13:15).
- TRUE ROMANCE d. Tony Scott, 1993 at Rooftop Film Club, Peckham (03 JUN 21:15).
- Chronic Youth Film Festival (01 APR to 03 JUN)
- Kinoteka: The 19th Polish Film Festival (06 MAY to 04 JUN 2021)
- UK Asian Film Festival (26 MAY to 06 JUN). READ MORE
BATTLE ROYALE aka Batoru rowaiaru d. Kinji Fukasaku, 2000 at The Prince Charles (daily to 03 JUN).
Featured Attraction Of The Week! FIRST COW d. Kelly Reichardt, 2019 (daily to 03 JUN, almost everywhere!)
- Also (other venues may be available!): THE 8TH d. Aideen Kane, Lucy Kennedy & Maeve O’Boyle, 2020 at The Castle Cinema (until 03 JUN // BANK JOB d. Daniel Edelstyn, Hilary Powell, 2021 at ArtHouse (until 03 JUN) // DEMON SLAYER: MUGEN TRAIN d. Haruo Sotozaki, 2020 at Genesis Cinema (until 03 JUN) // FRANKIE d. Ira Sachs, 2019 at Phoenix Cinema (until 03 JUN) // SISTERS WITH TRANSISTORS d. Lisa Rovner, 2020 at Catford Mews (until 03 JUN).
- Sine Screen presents Vulnerable Histories at Close-Up & The Garden Cinema (19 to 26 AUG 2023)
- Lost Reels presents 16mm & 35mm screenings at The Cinema Museum & ICA (19 & 31 AUG 2023)
- The Duke Mitchell Film Club presents DukeFest 2023: A Brave New World (13 to 16 AUG 2023)
- Cinema Mentiré launches with OLHAR PERIFERICO season (AUG 2023)
GET THESE LISTINGS EMAILED EVERY MORNING WITH A MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP AT PATREON: JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.