TUESDAY 08 JUNE 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today including one-off events, limited runs, film clubs, repertory seasons, film festivals, outdoor events, & our selection of new releases.
- AMAZNG GRACE d. Alan Elliott & Sydney Pollack, 2018 at BFI Southbank (08 JUN 18:10).
- BANK JOB d. Dan Edelstyn & Hilary Powell, 2021 at Bertha DocHouse (08 JUN 16:00).
- BANK JOB d. Dan Edelstyn & Hilary Powell, 2021 + Q&A with the directors at Genesis Cinema (08 JUN 18:20).
- BILLIE EILISH: THE WORLD’S A LITTLE BLURRY d. R.J. Cutler, 2021 at Olympic Studios (08 JUN 20:05).
- BOTTLE ROCKET d. Wes Anderson, 1996 at The Prince Charles (08 JUN 17:50).
- THAT COLD DAY IN THE PARK 35MM d. Robert Altman, 1969 at BFI Southbank (08 JUN 18:00).
- DEMON SLAYER: MUGEN TRAIN d. Haruo Sotozaki, 2020 at Catford Mews (08 JUN 18:15).
- FIRST COW d. Kelly Reichardt, 2019 at Genesis Cinema (08 JUN 17:50).
- FREE TIME d. Manfred Kirchheimer, 1960/2020 + Intro by Will Jennings at Barbican Cinema (08 JUN 18:15).
- GODZILLA VS. KONG d. Adam Wingard, 2021 at Backyard Cinema (08 JUN 20:00).
- GUNDA d. Viktor Kossakovsky, 2020 + Intro/Q&A with the director, writer Ainara Vera & producer Anita Rehoff Larsen presented by Birds’ Eye View at Ciné Lumière (08 JUN 20:25).
- THE HUMAN VOICE d. Pedro Almodóvar, 2020 + Recorded Q&A at Ciné Lumière (08 JUN 20:35).
- THE HUMAN VOICE d. Pedro Almodóvar, 2020 + Recorded Q&A at BFI Southbank (08 JUN 20:40).
- THE HUMAN VOICE d. Pedro Almodóvar, 2020 + Recorded Q&A at Genesis Cinema (08 JUN 21:10).
- THE KILLERS 4K d. Robert Siodmak, 1946 at BFI Southbank (08 JUN 14:30).
- LA POINTE COURTE d. Agnès Varda, 1955 at The Prince Charles (08 JUN 18:20).
- LAPUTA: CASTLE IN THE SKY d. Hayao Miyazaki, 1986 at Picturehouse Central (08 JUN 18:30 – SUB).
- MANDABI d. Ousmane Sembène, 1968 + performance by musician Moussa Dembele & spoken word artist Aaron James presented by We Are Parable at Rio Cinema (08 JUN 18:30) / Part of Who We Are / Our Featured Attraction of the Week!
- THE MOLE AGENT d. Maite Alberdi, 2020 at Bertha DocHouse (08 JUN 20:30).
- THE NIGHT OF THE HUNTER d. Charles Laughton, 1955 at BFI Southbank (08 JUN 20:50).
- PRETTY WOMAN d. Garry Marshall, 1990 at Backyard Cinema (08 JUN 20:30).
- ROMEO + JULIET 35MM d. Baz Luhrmann, 1966 at The Prince Charles (08 JUN 15:00).
- THIEVES LIKE US d. Robert Altman, 1974 at BFI Southbank (08 JUN 20:30).
- UNDERGODS d. Chino Moya, 2021 + Q&A with the director at Everyman Broadgate (08 JUN 19:30).
- BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY d. Bryan Singer, 2018 at Bar Elba (08 JUN 21:00).
- GODZILLA VS KONG d. Adam Wingard, 2021 at The Drive In at Troubadour Meridian Water (08 JUN 18:45).
- GREASE d. Randal Kleiser, 1978 at Rooftop Film Club, Peckham (08 JUN 21:15).
- THE GREATEST SHOWMAN d. Michael Gracey, 2017 at Rooftop Film Club, Stratford East (08 JUN 21:15).
- JUDAS AND THE BLACK MESSIAH d. Shaka King, 2021 The Drive In at Troubadour Meridian Water (08 JUN 21:40).
- Erm… what are we missing?
A QUIET PLACE PART II d. John Krasinski, 2020
Various venues, inc: Archlight Cinema, ArtHouse Crouch End, The Castle Cinema, Catford Mews, Curzon Mews, Electric Cinemas, Everyman Cinemas, Genesis Cinema, Kino Bermondsey, Lexi Cinema, Olympic Studios, Peckhamplex, Picturehouse Cinemas, Rich Mix, Riverside Studios
- Also (other venues may be available!): AHEAD OF THE CURVE d. Jen Rainin & Rivkah Beth Medow, 2020 at Catford Mews // DREAM HORSE d. Euros Lyn, 2020 at Archlight Cinema, Everyman Cinemas, Lexi Cinema, Olympic Studios, Picturehouse Cinemas // LAND d. Robin Wright, 2021 at Everyman Cinemas, Picturehouse Cinemas // NOBODY d. Ilya Naishuller, 2020 at Genesis Cinema.
- Zodiac Film Club x Final Girls Berlin present Sci-Fi Shorts at The Castle Cinema (24 AUG 2022)
- Bermondsey Project Space presents Loops + Q&A (13 AUG 2022)
- Crap Film Club presents THE SWORD AND THE CLAW at The Old Queen’s Head (22 AUG 2022)
- Queer Horror Nights presents POSSESSOR at The Castle Cinema (19 AUG 2022).
GET THESE LISTINGS EMAILED EVERY MORNING WITH A MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP AT PATREON: JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.