TUESDAY 12 OCTOBER 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today including one-off events, limited runs, film clubs, repertory seasons, film festivals, outdoor events, & our selection of new releases.
YOUNG SOUL REBELS 35mm d. Isaac Julien, 1991 at Genesis Cinema (12 OCT 21:00) / Part of LONDON THROUGHOUT THE DECADES.
- “Youth culture meets identity politics in this part-thriller, part-gay love story set in London in 1977, days before the Queen’s Silver Jubilee celebrations. The hedonistic world of pirate DJs Chris and Caz is shattered when a close friend is killed while cruising in the local park. The black community suspect the National Front, but the police pull Chris in as a suspect. This beautifully crafted period piece, a bold and stylish debut feature from Isaac Julien, paints a convincing picture of late-’70s London. The city is a carefully mapped out social landscape, open to all but offering safety to none, as we are taken to a Dalston barber, east London council estates festooned with Union Jacks, West End offices, soul clubs and city parks.” (IMDb)
- BREATHLESS d. Jean-Luc Godard, 1960 presented by Tufnell Park Film Club at The Lord Palmerston (12 OCT 20:00).
- THE CRAFT d. Andrew Fleming, 1996 at The Prince Charles (12 OCT 15:45).
- DEEP RED d. Dario Argento, 1975 at The Prince Charles (12 OCT 15:30).
- DONNIE DARKO d. Richard Kelly, 2001 at The Prince Charles (12 OCT 12:45).
- HALLOWEEN d. David Gordon Green, 2018 at at The Exhibit (12 OCT 20:00).
- DRACULA’S DAUGHTER d. Lambert Hillyer, 1936 at The Prince Charles (12 OCT 20:30).
- THE THING d. John Carpenter, 19812 at The Prince Charles (12 OCT 13:15).
- WHITE RIOT d. Rubikah Shah, 2019 at Whirled Cinema (12 OCT 20:00).
- THE WOLF OF SNOW HOLLOW d. Jim Cummings, 2020 at The Prince Charles (12 OCT 18:20).
- YOUNG SOUL REBELS 35mm d. Isaac Julien, 1991 at Genesis Cinema (12 OCT 21:00).
- Banff Mountain Film Festival – London (11 to 19 OCT).
- BFI London Film Festival (06 to 17 OCT).
- Native Spirit Festival (12 OCT to 20 NOV).
- Wimbledon International Short Film Festival (09 OCT).
FEVER DREAM d. Claudia Llosa, 2021.
- Venues inc: Curzon Cinemas.
NO PLACE LIKE HOME d. Perry Henzell, 1975.
- Venues inc: Catford Mews.
PIER KIDS d. Elegance Bratton, 2019.
- Venues inc: ICA
- Also (08 to 14 OCT various dates/times): CONVERGENCE: COURAGE IN A CRISIS d. Orlando von Einsiedel, 2021 at: Bertha DocHouse // FATHER OF THE CYBORGS d. David Burke, 2021 at: Bertha DocHouse // FREAKSCENE : THE STORY OF DINOSAUR JR. d. Philipp Reichenheim, 2021 at: Picturehouse Cinemas / The Prince Charles Cinema // HONEY CIGAR d. Kamir Aïnouz, 2020 at: ICA // I AM NOT YOUR NEGRO d. Raoul Peck, 2016 at: Catford Mews // MY LITTLE SISTER aka Schwesterlein d. Stéphanie Chuat & Véronique Reymond at: ArtHouse Crouch End / Curzon Cinemas // THE VIEWING BOOTH d. Ra’anan Alexandrowicz, 2019 at: ICA.
- Musical Sunday presents HAIRSPRAY (2007) at The Cinema Museum (07 NOV 2021).
- Sonic Cinema presents A Masterclass with Dirk Schaefer at IKLECTIK (24 OCT 2021).
- The ultimate SCREAM GUIDE to the best horror films in London this Halloween!
- Twisted Folk, a season of folk horror films at Catford Mews (02 OCT to 10 NOV 2021).
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.