TUESDAY 18 MAY 2021 (A–Z) // Films screening in London today including one-off events, limited runs, film clubs, repertory seasons, film festivals, outdoor events, & our selection of new releases.
- A WEDDING 4K d. Robert Altman, 1978 at BFI Southbank (18 MAY 20:40).
- BICYCLE THIEVES d. Vittorio De Sica, 1948 at The Prince Charles (18 MAY 18:00).
- HEAT 35MM d. Michael Mann, 1995 at The Prince Charles (18 MAY 20:15).
- THE GENERAL 4K d. Buster Keaton & Clyde Bruckman, 1926 + live piano accompaniment by Neil Brand + Intro by Stuart Brown, BFI Head of Programme and Acquistions at BFI Southbank (18 MAY 18:10).
- MY DONKEY, MY LOVER & I aka Antoinette dans les Cévennes d. Caroline Vignal, 2020 at Ciné Lumière (18 MAY 20:30)
- QUO VADIS, AIDA? d. Jasmila Žbanić, 2021 at Riverside Studios (18 MAY 17:30 – main featured image).
- THE TANGO LESSON 35MM d. Sally Potter, 1997 at BFI Southbank (18 MAY 20:45).
- TINA d. Daniel Lindsay & T. J. Martin, 2021 at Barbican (18 MAY 19:00).
- TOUCH OF EVIL d. Orson Welles, 1958 at BFI Southbank (18 MAY 14:30).
- WHITNEY: CAN I BE ME d. Nick Broomfield & Rudi Dolezal, 2017 at BFI Southbank (18 MAY 20:50).
- WONDER WOMAN 1984 d. Patty Jenkins, 2020 at Backyard Cinema (18 MAY 20:30).
- THE 8TH – Preview Q&A with director Aideen Kane, activist Ailbhe Smyth & acclaimed campaigner Andrea Horan hosted by Annie MacManus presented by Together Films & Birds’ Eye View #ReclaimTheFrame (18 MAY 21:00 – ONLINE EVENT).
- A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET, d. Wes Craven, 1984 at Drive In Film Club at Alexandra Palace (18 MAY 21:30).
- BLACKKKLANSMAN d. Spike Lee, 2018 at Drive In Film Club at Alexandra Palace (18 MAY 18:00).
- GIRLS TRIP d. Malcolm D. Lee, 2017 at Bar Elba SE1 (18 MAY 21:00).
- THE GREAT GATSBY d. Baz Luhrmann, 2013 at Rooftop Film Club, Stratford East (18 MAY 20:45).
- MORTAL KOMBAT d. Simon McQuoid, 2021 at The Drive In at Troubadour Meridian Water (18 MAY 18:30).
- ROCKETMAN: SING-ALONG d. Dexter Fletcher, 2019 at Drive In Film Club, Brent Cross (18 MAY 21:00).
- SISTERS WITH TRANSISTORS d. Lisa Rovner, 2020 presented by Deeper Into Movies at Dalston Roof Park (18 MAY 19:30).
- WONDER WOMAN 1984 d. Patty Jenkins, 2020 at The Drive In at Troubadour Meridian Water (18 MAY 21:30).
- Beyond Words: French Literature Festival (17 to 23 MAY)
- Chronic Youth Film Festival (01 APR to 03 JUN)
- Kinoteka: The 19th Polish Film Festival (06 MAY to 04 JUN 2021)
SOUND OF METAL d. Darius Marder, 2019 + Recorded Q&A at Archlight Cinema (daily).
- The Short List 3: Film As Therapy – short films about mental health at The Cinema In The Power Station (13 FEB 2023).
- Lost Reels presents Philip Kaufman’s HENRY AND JUNE from 35mm at The Prince Charles Cinema (21 FEB 2023)
- Electric Frog Film Club presents Hiroshi Teshigahara’s PITFALL at ArtHouse Crouch End (15 FEB 2023)
- Tony Paley presents his “greatest films of all time” at Close-Up Film Centre (from 03 FEB 2023).
GET THESE LISTINGS EMAILED EVERY MORNING WITH A MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP AT PATREON: JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.