TUESDAY 26 OCTOBER 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today across DIY, indie & alternative cinema including one-off screen events, film seasons, film festivals & our selection of new releases.
UNDER THE SHADOW d. Babak Anvari, 2016 presented by No Bollox Film Club at The Castle Cinema (26 OCT 19:00).
- “During the Iran-Iraq conflict, a Tehran woman caring for her daughter while her husband is at war is gradually convinced evil spirits are at work.” / “A brilliant parable of supernatural invasion” – The Guardian
- Presented by No Bollocks Film Club. No fuss, no bother, no bollocks. Just great films.
- ABIGAIL’S PARTY d. Mike Leigh, 1977 at BFI (26 OCT 20:50).
- BLUE VELVET 4k d. David Lynch, 1986 at BFI (26 OCT 14:30).
- END OF DAYS d. Peter Hyams, 1999 at The Prince Charles (26 OCT 18:10).
- LATCHO DROM d. Tony Gatlif, 1992 + Intro by Garth Cartwright at Ciné Lumière (26 OCT 18:00).
- LAWRENCE AFTER ARABIA d. Mark J T Griffin, 2021 + Q&A with the director at Genesis Cinema (26 OCT 18:00).
- LIFE IS SWEAT d. Mike Leigh, 1990 + Q&A with the director at BFI (26 OCT 17:50).
- THE LIFE OF MATSU THE UNTAMED (The Rickshaw Man) aka Muhomatsu no issho d. Hiroshi Inagaki, 1943 at BFI (26 OCT 20:40).
- LOUISIANA STORY d. Robert J. Flaherty, 1947 presented by Sands Films Cinema Club at Sands Film Studios (26 OCT 20:00 – FREE/Donation requested).
- NOMADLAND d. Chloé Zhao, 2020 at The David Lean Cinema (26 OCT 14:30).
- THE OMEN d. Richard Donner, 1976 at The Exhibit (26 OCT 20:00).
- THE RESCUE d. Elizabeth Chai Vasarhelyi & Jimmy Chin, 2021 + Recorded Q&A with the directors & special guests at: ArtHouse Crouch End (26 OCT 20:15); Bertha DocHouse (26 OCT 20:20); Peckhamplex (26 OCT 18:10); Picturehouse Cinemas (26 OCT various).
- RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 35mm d. Dan O’Bannon, 1985 at The Prince Charles (26 OCT 13:15).
- SOCRATES d. Alexandre Moratto, 2018 at Whirled Cinema (26 OCT 20:00).
- SUMMER OF SOUL d. Questlove, 2021 at The David Lean (26 OCT 19:30).
- THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE 35mm d. Tobe Hooper, 1974 at The Prince Charles (26 OCT 15:50).
- UNDER THE SHADOW d. Babak Anvari, 2016 presented by No Bollox Film Club at The Castle Cinema (26 OCT 19:00).
- UNDER THE SKIN d. Jonathan Glazer, 2013 at The Prince Charles (26 OCT 18:00).
- WAKE IN FRIGHT d. Ted Kotcheff, 1971 presented by Tufnell Park Film Club at The Lord Palmerston (26 OCT 20:00).
- WES CRAVEN’S NEW NIGHTMARE 35mm d. Wes Craven, 1994 at The Prince Charles (26 OCT 15:30).
- WHITE CUBE d. Renzo Martens, 2020 at Bertha DocHouse (26 OCT 16:20).
- Brazil Indigenous Film Festival (22 to 24 OCT).
- Doc’n Roll Film Festival (28 OCT to 14 NOV).
- London East Asia Film Festival (21 to 31 OCT).
- Native Spirit Festival (12 OCT to 20 NOV).
- Raindance Film Festival (27 OCT to 06 NOV).
- Sci-Fi-London 21 (19 to 24 OCT).
- Short Com Film Festival (28 OCT 20:30).
DUNE d. Denis Villeneuve, 2021.
- Various venues, inc: Barbican / BFI IMAX / The Castle / Catford Mews / Chiswick Cinema / Curzon Cinemas / Electric Cinemas / Everyman Cinemas / Genesis Cinema / Kino Digital / The Lexi / Peckhamplex / Phoenix Cinema / Picturehouse Cinemas / Rich Mix / Regent Street Cinema / Rio Cinema / Riverside Studios
SCREAM 35mm d. Wes Craven, 1996.
- Also (22 to 28 OCT various dates/times): PLAYLIST d. Nine Antico, 2021 at: Curzon Cinemas // SMOG TOWN d. Meng Han, 2019 at: Bertha DocHouse // WHITE CUBE d. Renzo Martens, 2020 at: ICA.
- Lost Vampires presents the UK premiere of HABIT + Q&A with Larry Fessenden at ICA (20 OCT 2022)
- BIG BOYS DON’T CRY + Q&A raising funds for NAPAC at Everyman Borough Yards (03 OCT 2022)
- Fragments Festival returns to Genesis Cinema (29 SEP to 02 OCT 2022)
- The Vito Project presents IMITATIONS OF LIFE at The Cinema Museum (18 SEP 2022 to 22 JAN 2023)
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.