WEDNESDAY 06 OCTOBER 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today including one-off events, limited runs, film clubs, repertory seasons, film festivals, outdoor events, & our selection of new releases.
BFI LFF Opening Night Gala: THE HARDER THEY FALL d. Jeymes Samuel, 2021 (06 OCT):
- Various venues inc: Barbican (06 OCT 20:00); Catford Mews (06 OCT 19:45); The Cinema In The Arches (06 OCT 20:00); Curzon Cinemas (06 OCT various); Everyman Cinemas (06 OCT various); Genesis Cinema (06 OCT 19:45); The Lexi Cinema (06 OCT 19:45); Rich Mix (06 OCT 19:45); The Royal Festival Hall (06 OCT 19:00).
- “Jonathan Majors, Regina King and Idris Elba lead a stunning cast in this fast, fun and ultra-stylish new Western from debut feature director Jeymes Samuel (aka The Bullitts). With incredible panache and detail, the film brings together legendary Black cowboys from across the ages to create an unabashedly rip-roaring story, with an excellent modern soundtrack, featuring Fela Kuti and Barrington Levy.”
- AFTER HOURS 35mm d. Martin Scorsese, 1985 at The Prince Charles (06 OCT 15:25).
- A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET d. Wes Craven, 1984 at The Prince Charles (06 OCT 13:00).
- BFI LFF Opening Night Gala: THE HARDER THEY FALL d. Jeymes Samuel, 2021 at: Barbican (06 OCT 20:00); Catford Mews (06 OCT 19:45); The Cinema In The Arches (06 OCT 20:00); Curzon Cinemas (06 OCT various); Everyman Cinemas (06 OCT various); Genesis Cinema (06 OCT 19:45); The Lexi Cinema (06 OCT 19:45); Rich Mix (06 OCT 19:45); The Royal Festival Hall (06 OCT 19:00).
- CASQUE D’OR aka Golden Helmet d. Jacques Becker, 1952 at Ciné Lumière (06 OCT 20:30).
- HOUSE aka Hausu d. Nobuhiko Obayashi, 1977 at The Prince Charles (06 OCT 13:30).
- THE INNOCENTS d. Jack Clayton, 1961 at The Prince Charles (06 OCT 15:40).
- MARTIN EDEN d. Pietro Marcello, 2020 at Screen25Cinema at Harris Academy South Norwood (06 OCT 19:45).
- MIDSOMMAR d. Ari Aster, 2019 at Catford Mews (06 OCT 20:30).
- SALEM’S LOT 35mm d. Tobe Hooper, 1979 at The Prince Charles (06 OCT 18:10).
- BFI London Film Festival (06 to 17 OCT).
- Crystal Palace International Film Festval (09 SEP to 02 OCT).
- EFN Short Film Festival (27 SEP to 01 OCT).
- Fringe! Queer Film & Arts Fest programme launch (05 OCT)
- Women Over 50 Film Festival (25 SEP to 02 OCT).
BELLY OF THE BEAST d. Erika Cohn, 2020.
- Various venues inc: Bertha DocHouse
EMA d. Pablo Larraín, 2019.
- Various venues inc: ICA
OLIVER SACKS: HIS OWN LIFE d. Ric Burns, 2019.
- Various venues inc: Ciné Lumière
- Also (01 to 07 OCT various dates/times): FAUCI d. John Hoffman & Janet Tobias, 2021 at: JW3 // FRIDA – VIVA LA VIDA d. Giovanni Troilo, 2019 at: Bertha DocHouse // MY NAME IS PAULI MURRAY d. Julie Coleman, 2021 at: Watermans // SONG WITHOUT A NAME aka Canción sin nombre d. Melina León, 2019 at: ICA.
- Sine Screen presents Vulnerable Histories at Close-Up & The Garden Cinema (19 to 26 AUG 2023)
- Lost Reels presents 16mm & 35mm screenings at The Cinema Museum & ICA (19 & 31 AUG 2023)
- The Duke Mitchell Film Club presents DukeFest 2023: A Brave New World (13 to 16 AUG 2023)
- Cinema Mentiré launches with OLHAR PERIFERICO season (AUG 2023)
RADIANT CIRCUS is powered by monthly subscribers. Get great rewards & help #ReviveTheDark. JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.