WEDNESDAY 09 JUNE 2021 (A–Z) // What’s on in London today including one-off events, limited runs, film clubs, repertory seasons, film festivals, outdoor events, & our selection of new releases.
- ALL ABOUT MY MOTHER d. Pedro Almodóvar, 1999 at Catford Mews (09 JUN 18:00).
- APPLES d. Christos Nikou, 2020 at Olympic Studios (09 JUN 14:10).
- BILLIE d. James Erskine, 2019 at Bertha DocHouse (09 JUN 18:00).
- COLLECTIVE d. Alexander Nanau, 2020 at Bertha DocHouse (09 JUN 20:30).
- THE DIG d. Simon Stone, 2021 + Q&A with screenwriter Moira Buffini at Olympic Studios (09 JUN 20:00).
- EUROPA EUROPA d. Agnieszka Holland, 1990 at Ciné Lumière (09 JUN 18:10) / Part of WOMEN PIONEERS OF FRENCH CINEMA, our Featured Attraction of the Month.
- Preview: THE FATHER d. Florian Zeller, 2020 + Intro at BFI Southbank (09 JUN 21:00).
- FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE 35MM d. Per qualche dollaro in più d. Sergio Leone, 1965 at The Prince Charles (09 JUN 17:40).
- LA POINTE COURTE d. Agnès Varda, 1955 at The Prince Charles (09 JUN 12:45).
- LAPUTA: CASTLE IN THE SKY d. Hayao Miyazaki, 1986 at Picturehouse Central (09 JUN various venues – SUB).
- MIRROR aka Zerkalo d. Andrei Tarkovsky, 1975 + Pre-recorded intro by director Małgorzata Szumowska at BFI Southbank (09 JUN 14:30).
- OC & STIGGS 35MM d. Robert Altman, 1985 at BFI Southbank (09 JUN 20:40).
- THE PAINTER & THE THIEF d. Benjamin Ree, 2020 at Bertha DocHouse (09 JUN 13:30).
- SHIVA BABY d. Emma Seligman, 2020 + Recorded Q&A: Barbican Centre (09 JUN 18:00); Ciné Lumière (09 JUN 20:30); Curzon Cinemas (09 JUN 18:30); Electric Cinemas (09 JUN 20:45); Everyman Broadgate (09 JUN 19:30); Lexi Cinema (09 JUN 18:30); Phoenix Cinema (09 JUN 20:00); Picturehouse Cinemas (09 JUN various venues).
- THE TANGO LESSON d. Sally Potter, 1997 + Recorded intro by So Mayer at BFI Southbank (09 JUN 17:50).
- THIS FILM SHOULD NOT EXIST d. Nicolas Drolc, Gisella Albertini & Massimo Scocca, 2021 presented by Doc’n Roll Festival at Rio Cinema (09 JUN 20:45).
- TRUE ROMANCE 35MM d. Tony Scott, 1993 at The Prince Charles (09 JUN 20:30).
- UNDERGODS d. Chino Moya, 2021 at Genesis Cinema (09 JUN 15:55).
- Walls Remember: Shorts Compilation + Pre-recorded ScreenTalk presented by New East Cinema at Barbican Cinema (09 JUN 18:00).
- 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU d. Gil Junger, 1999 at Rooftop Film Club, Stratford East (09 JUN 21:15).
- THE CONJURING 3: THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT d. Michael Chaves, 2021 at The Drive In at Troubadour Meridian Water (09 JUN 19:00).
- FEAR & LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS d. Terry Gilliam, 1998 at Bar Elba (09 JUN 21:00).
- FIGHT CLUB d. David Fincher, 1999 at Rooftop Film Club, Peckham (09 JUN 21:15).
- THE WOOD d. Rick Famuyiwa, 1999 presented by Blackflix at The Drive In at Troubadour Meridian Water (09 JUN 21:45).
- Erm… what are we missing?
A QUIET PLACE PART II d. John Krasinski, 2020
Various venues, inc: Archlight Cinema, ArtHouse Crouch End, The Castle Cinema, Catford Mews, Curzon Mews, Electric Cinemas, Everyman Cinemas, Genesis Cinema, Kino Bermondsey, Lexi Cinema, Olympic Studios, Peckhamplex, Picturehouse Cinemas, Rich Mix, Riverside Studios
- Also (other venues may be available!): AHEAD OF THE CURVE d. Jen Rainin & Rivkah Beth Medow, 2020 at Catford Mews // DREAM HORSE d. Euros Lyn, 2020 at Archlight Cinema, Everyman Cinemas, Lexi Cinema, Olympic Studios, Picturehouse Cinemas // LAND d. Robin Wright, 2021 at Everyman Cinemas, Picturehouse Cinemas // NOBODY d. Ilya Naishuller, 2020 at Genesis Cinema.
- Musical Sunday presents HAIRSPRAY (2007) at The Cinema Museum (07 NOV 2021).
- Sonic Cinema presents A Masterclass with Dirk Schaefer at IKLECTIK (24 OCT 2021).
- The ultimate SCREAM GUIDE to the best horror films in London this Halloween!
- Twisted Folk, a season of folk horror films at Catford Mews (02 OCT to 10 NOV 2021).
GET THESE LISTINGS EMAILED EVERY MORNING WITH A MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP AT PATREON: JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.