WEDNESDAY 26 MAY 2021 (A–Z) // Films screening in London today including one-off events, limited runs, film clubs, repertory seasons, film festivals, outdoor events, & our selection of new releases.
- 3 WOMEN 4K d. Robert Altman, 1977 at BFI Southbank (26 MAY 20:40).
- THE 8TH d. Aideen Kane, Lucy Kennedy & Maeve O’Boyle, 2020 at The Castle Cinema (26 MAY 11:30 & 19:00).
- THE 8TH d. Aideen Kane, Lucy Kennedy & Maeve O’Boyle, 2020 at The Lexi Cinema (26 MAY 15:20).
- 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY 70MM ‘unrestored version’ d. Stanley Kubrick, 1968 at The Prince Charles (26 MAY 20:01).
- AKIRA d. Katsuhiro Ôtomo, 1988 at The Prince Charles (26 MAY 14:40).
- ALICE IN THE CITIES aka Alice in den Städten d. Wim Wenders, 1973 at BFI Southbank (26 MAY 17:50).
- COUNTY LINES d. Henry Blake, 2019 at BFI Southbank (26 MAY 20:30).
- DEMON SLAYER: MUGEN TRAIN d. Haruo Sotozaki, 2020 at Genesis Cinema (26 MAY 18:10).
- DEMON SLAYER: MUGEN TRAIN d. Haruo Sotozaki, 2020 at BFI IMAX (26 MAY 20:30).
- DEMON SLAYER: MUGEN TRAIN d. Haruo Sotozaki, 2020 at Picturehouse (26 MAY various venues).
- GOODBYE, DRAGON INN aka Bú sàn d. Tsai Ming-liang, 2003 + intro by director Peter Strickland at BFI Southbank (26 MAY 18:10).
- HARD EIGHT aka Sydney d. Paul Thomas Anderson, 1996 at The Prince Charles (26 MAY 17:30).
- THE HUMAN VOICE d. Pedro Almodóvar, 2020 + Pre-recorded Q&A with Tilda Swinton and Pedro Almodóvar hosted by Mark Kermode at Ciné Lumière (26 MAY 20:35).
- MONOS d. Alejandro Landes, 2019 at Picturehouse Central (26 MAY 15:45).
- MY DONKEY, MY LOVER & I aka Antoinette dans les Cévennes d. Caroline Vignal, 2020 at Ciné Lumière (26 MAY 20:35).
- SOUND OF METAL d. Darius Marder, 2019 + Recorded Q&A at Lexi Cinema (26 MAY 20:15).
- STATE FUNERAL d. Sergei Loznitsa, 2019 at Ciné Lumière (26 MAY 18:00).
- UK Asian Film Festival Opening night: RAAHGIR d. Goutam Ghose, 2019 + Skype Q&A with the director at BFI Southbank (26 MAY 20:45 – featured attraction!).
- BAD BOYS FOR LIFE d. Adil & Bilall, 2020 at Drive In Film Club at Alexandra Palace (26 MAY 21:00).
- BABY DRIVER d. Edgar Wright, 2017 at Drive In Film Club at Brent Cross (26 MAY 21:00).
- BRIDESMAIDS d. Paul Feig, 2011 at Rooftop Film Club, Peckham (26 MAY 21:00).
- BRIDESMAIDS d. Paul Feig, 2011 at Rooftop Film Club, Stratford East (26 MAY 21:00).
- GREASE d. Randal Kleiser, 1978 at Drive In Film Club at Brent Cross (26 MAY 18:00).
- THE LITTLE THINGS d. John Lee Hancock, 2021 at The Drive In at Troubadour Meridian Water (26 MAY 18:45).
- Beyond Words: French Literature Festival (17 to 23 MAY)
- Chronic Youth Film Festival (01 APR to 03 JUN)
- Kinoteka: The 19th Polish Film Festival (06 MAY to 04 JUN 2021)
- UK Asian Film Festival (26 MAY to 06 JUN). READ MORE
WINGS OF DESIRE d. Wim Wenders, 1987 at Picturehouse Central (daily until 27 MAY).
- Sine Screen presents Vulnerable Histories at Close-Up & The Garden Cinema (19 to 26 AUG 2023)
- Lost Reels presents 16mm & 35mm screenings at The Cinema Museum & ICA (19 & 31 AUG 2023)
- The Duke Mitchell Film Club presents DukeFest 2023: A Brave New World (13 to 16 AUG 2023)
- Cinema Mentiré launches with OLHAR PERIFERICO season (AUG 2023)
GET THESE LISTINGS EMAILED EVERY MORNING WITH A MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP AT PATREON: JOIN US!
*THE SMALL PRINT: Opinions author’s own. // As accurate as we could make it. Apologies for any errors. Updates & corrections will be made to the online version only. // Event dates/times/formats are subject to change by the venue/organiser. Events may already be sold out at the time of posting, so please click quickly. // We try to list as many original format screenings as we can (8 to 70MM), but sometimes formats change due to age of the print, availability, logistics etc, so please check ahead with your venue if the format is your thing. // All images are used in the spirit of fair use for reporting & review – no ownership is implied or intended / unless otherwise credited to RADIANT CIRCUS as the original rights holder. We will remove any images immediately upon request – just get in touch. // We don’t filter our listings by age/certification: all readers & subscribers should therefore be 18+. // Finally, we always try to follow The Carny Code by “not screwing up anyone else’s game”, but everyone can make mistakes… If something does go wrong, we will always do our best to put it right. //.